Yes,another MyPoints question(s)

Texan

<font color=red>No extra charge for the Tag Fairy
I am always so clueless, but I did just find out about My Points recently, and have joined up. Can anyone give me some ideas on the best ways to cash in the points towards Disney stuff. I haven't been able to find out what other people are referring to. Please help. Also, I have just recently ordered a Tupperware G-cert and they only let me order one for $10.00. Is this something new? Any help is appreciated!

From what i know.... most people (US members) cash out their points on Mypoints for webcertificates, aka webbies. I think these are like using a credit card in that there's a unique number for each one and an amount attached, that you can use to spend at (any?) online merchant, or you can pay extra to get a plastic card and spend it at regular stores. Can anyone verify this? [Since I'm from Canada I can't get webcertificates, but I am thinking of changing my address on my Mypoints account to get them; I don't plan to have anything mailed to me anyway...]

As for Tupperware, I believe they figured out the little trick we all used about getting $1 gc's for 800 points, so now it's up to $10. I guess if you need Tupperware stuff, $10 gc's are still useful!

Yep! That's about right. You can cash-out at MyPoints for Webcertificates. A $10 webbie is 1500 points (150 pts/$). A $25 webbie is 3500 points (140 pts/$).

MyPoints sends you a Webcertificate. You set up an account at Webcertificate.com and they give you a Mastercard # that you can use anywhere online that Mastercard is accepted. Or you can spend $6.95 to get a plastic card that you can use anywhere just like a Mastercard. Since I cashed out for $75 worth of Webbies the first time, I just got the plastic card and took it to the Disney Store and got Disney Dollars. Some people have had luck printing out their Wencertificate.com info and taking it to the DS and getting Disney Dollars.

Do read the "fine print" though, because Webcertificates.com charges dormancy after so many months of not adding funds or making a purchase.

And Tupperware got wise to us and changed the minimum for eCerts. So that's no longer and quick and cheap way to earn points.

Thanks so much for the help! Disney Dollars it will be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter