Yet another beach question (sorry!)

Lizziejane

<font color=darkorchid>Funny how everyone is diffe
Hi everyone,

I'm off to the Caribbean next month (woohoo!) and am seriously considering taking my XTi with me. Sand and ocean spray scare the you-know-what out of me though. I saw a thread on here a couple of weeks ago for a camera "raincoat" with a long sleeve. I can't find it now using the search function.

Would anyone happen to have the link to the website to purchase these items? And also, would you recommend them as being worthwhile? waste of time? should I leave the SLR at home and just take the P&S? I hate the thought of not taking it, but would be heartbroken if I mess it up on the beach.

Jane

Thanks Jen. Believe it or not, Amazon won't ship it to Canada. But at least you gave me the name of the product I was looking for, and I found it on Ritz Camera - should be here within a week.

Again, thank you :thumbsup2

that is just goofy! Heck I would have gotten it and shipped it to ya.

Glad you found it though. :)

Though I haven't gone with my dSLR, I have gone at least a dozen times to the Caribbean with my film SLR in years past. Never once had any trouble. Including walking up and down Palm Beach in Aruba many times and 7 Mile Beach in Grand Cayman. Also hanging out on different beaches in Cozumel, Cancun and St Maarten. Along with 4 cruises. (FWIW, I worked for a Caribbean charter company in Boston for 4+ years and they'd send us down south 3 or 4 times a year)

i just ordered some of the 5.99 optech from a guy on ebay...he had more and if you want i can pm you with the info...if you don't like ebay go to optech and i think they had dealers like b& h listed...they are clear plastic sleeves with a drawstring up front where the lens is...you hand fits under the sleeve...and they come 2 to a pack...... just thought ..i can paste the link duh for me.

i should be getting mine in a few days if you want me to see how thick they are etc.
http://optechusa.com/product/detail/?PRODUCT_ID=73

I knew it was too good to be true. Ritz sent me an email saying they won't ship to Canada, and their alternate won't ship because I'm not spending enough. You'd think if I'm paying the shipping, who cares? But apparently they do! I'm frustrated because I can't find these things locally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter