Yet Another Mug Question!!

SAWYERMAW1

DIS Veteran
I've read that some of the resorts have new jumbo sized mugs. Anyone know which resorts, how much they hold and how much they cost?

:charac2: Life goes on without a tag!!

I was just at WDW a few weeks ago, visited a few of the resorts, and didn't see any jumbo mugs. It would be nice since the current mugs seem a little small. During one stay at POR, I went in the evening to refill my mug and by the time I got back to my room it was almost empty. So larger mugs would be helpful.

There are 2 different styles to the mug choices--one is the regular design, the other is one that would fit in a vehicles' cup holder, so it' a bit narrower at the bottom.
We didn't see a particularly "jumbo" mug anywhere....
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Whatever size you end up with, you might want to check the bottom to see if it says "Thermo". On our last trip, we never thought about it & ended up with one Thermo & 3 non-thermal. I found out after we got home - since I use our mugs at my desk & on my nightstand. The "Thermo" one still has ice in the next AM - and with the others, the liquid is room temp.

Wilderness Lodge seems to have gone to 1 size - the size that fits in the car cup holders.
We did bring back our big ones from a few yrs ago and noone said a word

Caribbean Beach sells 2 sizes but now they date them. These say 2003-2004. Since we only stayed there 2nights we didnt buy mugs - brought soda bottles along w/us.

I stayed at Coronado Springs in April on my first ever single trip. :hyper: They had the regular mug and a HUGE family size mug. It held about a liter of drinks. Unfortunately, it takes two hands to carry and it was pretty delicate. I've dropped all of my other mugs (WL, YC, PO,CR and several from the parks) and all they do is bounce. This jumbo mug shattered when I accidentally dropped it (and of course, spilled all of that Coke:( ) I don't know if any of the other resorts are selling these oversized mugs, but I didn't think it was worth the extra $$ (I think it was $20)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter