Yet another question... Orange Lake CC

MinnieForMe

DIS Veteran
We've driven by this resort numerous times. Has anyone stayed recently? The cons seem to be location and how far apart the pools are located. Does anyone know if you have to pay to use their Water Park (Is it River Island)? Is one side better (North, East, West village)? I'm off to check out their site.

Thanks.

from OL Sunday. If you're staying on site..there is no charge for River Island. It is not open to the public. We're owners of 4 weeks there, two in the spring and two in the fall. The tubes that you use on the lazy river can be rented and I think it's about 12$ for a double for the day, with a refund of 2.50 when you turn the tube back in. The single tubes are less.
The bigger pools (one of which is being refurb. right now) are scattered and depending on where you're unit is - would depend on how convenient their location was for you. There is a shuttle bus (free) that you can take to any of the pools. There are smaller pools too...they are just not as elaborate as the main ones. River Island right now is the newest, but the one they're working on now at the main club house is going to be a beaut. There is also a lake and "beach type" area. There is parking at all the pool locations.
The drive to WDW is not bad at all...and we've never encounted a problem with traffic. Sometimes of the day are busier than others. We use the Sherberth Rd. short cut to get to WDW.
As I said...we're owners, and love it there. We never trade our weeks to go anywhere else. The're revamping the units and we've never had a problem with anything there. Any maintenance problem has always been handled promptly and swiftly.
If you have any other questions..please feel free to pm me. Barb

We were there a few years back and did not like OL. The resort is way too big. You have to get in your car or wait for the shuttle just to go to the pool. We found the resort and our unit dirty. If you are a golfer, those cons may not be that big a deal for you as they have a lot of golf right at the location.

I'm handicap so distance to pools does matter! I walk with a cane for short distances but with three little kids always needing to run back to the unit I can get wiped out pretty fast. I wonder if the shuttles are handicap accessible?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter