Yikes!! Know What You're Doing Before Calling MS

starbox

"There is more treasure in books than in all the p
I called MS this morning to make home-resort reservations for Spring Break (4/7-11), and had the CM tell me very confidently that I had to wait until July 12th when my 7 month window opened because "I have a February use year". :eek: (Not that it matters, but I have never even borrowed points and have no 08 trips booked, so all 08 points would have been in my account in April).

I told her that, actually, I was within my 11 month window and could make a home resort reservation, to which she told me (again) that there were two windows and I had to wait until the seven month window on July 12th. :eek: :confused3 :eek:

I was persistent, so she put me on hold for a loooong time, and then came back and said that, actually, I could make the reservation after all. :goodvibes

She was very aplogetic and nice, but if I had been a new member, I may have taken her at her word and then been out of luck since Spring Break is typically booked. :headache:

Perhaps MS needs to spend a wee bit more time and money on training:surfweb: - or at least make CMs spend a few hours reading the Disboards so they can learn how DVC works :rotfl:

Perhaps MS needs to spend a wee bit more time and money on training:surfweb: - or at least make CMs spend a few hours reading the Disboards so they can learn how DVC works :rotfl:

Starbox: I'm sure they get some training, but alot probably learn by doing the job. In other words, some are out there flying their own planes for awhile.:woohoo:

I called MS this morning to make home-resort reservations for Spring Break (4/7-11), and had the CM tell me very confidently that I had to wait until July 12th when my 7 month window opened because "I have a February use year". :eek: (Not that it matters, but I have never even borrowed points and have no 08 trips booked, so all 08 points would have been in my account in April).

I told her that, actually, I was within my 11 month window and could make a home resort reservation, to which she told me (again) that there were two windows and I had to wait until the seven month window on July 12th. :eek: :confused3 :eek:

I was persistent, so she put me on hold for a loooong time, and then came back and said that, actually, I could make the reservation after all. :goodvibes

She was very aplogetic and nice, but if I had been a new member, I may have taken her at her word and then been out of luck since Spring Break is typically booked. :headache:

OBVIOUSLY.... She didn't know who she was talking too. :confused3

While most are knowledgeable overall, I don't think this type of incorrect answer is uncommon. Like any phone bank you've got the group that know the rules and how to do the job correctly. But you've also got other groups including those who are new and those who are cowboys who are off in their own little world. Then you've got the group that is most dangerous IMO, the ones that essentially try to decide policy for themselves and then enforce it. Not unlikely some on this group that decide how they want it to be without any basis and then post that's the way it is to try to make it so even when they know they are incorrect.

Then you've got the group that is most dangerous IMO, the ones that essentially try to decide policy for themselves and then enforce it. QUOTE]

Oh I ran into one of those doing my day by day Easter reservations. Since it was the 7 month window also for Thanksgiving, I decide to ask about other availability(we're staying at SSR, not really wanting to switch, but being nosey). As soon as I asked, she said NO! and don't try to waitlist. Now maybe she just had someone(but I was right on the dot at 9 and no time on hold) or she just didn't want to deal with it.

Next day I asked, CM was happy to check and asked me if I wanted to waitlist another resort. Also was very happy to check how HHI was booked for the 2nd week of June for me(gathering info if we wanted to go next year, 7 months in Nov).

OBVIOUSLY.... She didn't know who she was talking too. :confused3

Yup, little did she know she had someone on the line who spends entirely too much time on the Disboards! :rotfl: :lmao:

Most of my MS calls have been really great, and I was lucky to get very experienced CMs in the beginning that explained things well and even helped by offering to make room requests in nice areas for me when I told them I was not familiar with the resorts. :goodvibes :goodvibes

OP do you own at one dvc resort or do you own at more then one dvc resort?
if you own more then 1 resort maybe MS was looking at your other dvc resort and not the one you wanted to book. i was trying to book AKL and i also own at two other dvc resorts, well MS told me i had to wait until june 6th for the non AKL owners to book, i told MS, I do own at AKL, MS told me no i dont and then when MS did a few taps on the keyboard, I was told, OH, you do own at AKL and yes you can book now. :rolleyes: I just strugged it off. no big deal, i got my dates and that was the most important thing. MS is not perfect, but IMO they are perfect, when i need a room MS goes way above and beyond to see what they can find. :woohoo: especially last min. trips! Thanks MS !:cheer2:

OP do you own at one dvc resort or do you own at more then one dvc resort?
if you own more then 1 resort maybe MS was looking at your other dvc resort and not the one you wanted to book.\

I own at one resort. What was weird is that MS told me two times that I had to wait until July to book April "because I have a February Use Year" - which seems sort of waay out of left field. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter