Yippie just won 2 bdrm @ Silver Lake from SkyAuction

A Mickeyfan

DIS Veteran
:cool1: :cool1: I have been bidding for the last few days on SkyAuction for a 2 bedroom condo to save some money for my May/June trip. I was going to stay at PO-Riverside, but not happy with the FL res or AP rates ($109 is too steep for me at this time, last year I paid only $79 for the same dates). I just won Silver Lake 2 bedroom for a $6.00 bid!!! Yes, I am paying the $195 service & tax fee, the $15 document fee, and $100 to upgrade to the 2 bedroom. I took out trip insurance (since my bid was so cheap) for $17. That brings my grand total to $333 for 7 nights in a 2 bedroom condo at Silver Lake. Now, has anyone stayed there recently? I will be checking in on May 29th. A friend of mine stayed there over this past presidents weekend. She was placed into the older section & she said the unit was really dirty. She complained & was moved to the newer section (the ones near the rear gate closer to Disney). Anyone else have any info they can help me out with here, maybe someone with recent pic's... my friend didn't have any pic's. I am so happy. Now I have to decide if I am going to stay onsite for the balance of my trip from June 5th to June 11th. I am thinking maybe Pop Century at $74 or trying hotelkingdom for Cypress Point 2 bedroom for $73??? The first half of my trip will be 6 of us. The second half may only be 4 of us...can even try for 1 bedroom at Cypress Point... I am soooo happy :banana: :banana: Especially since I found out last Wed that my contract will not be renewed this year for the school district that I work for. So as of May 26th, I will be out of a job... so this savings helps me justify going for 2 weeks... or it would have been cut to one week.... :sad2:

Congrats! I'm thinking about staying there for our Jan '06 trip, so I'd love to hear your experience when you get back.

We are huge Silver Lake fans and will be staying there this summer (June 17). We have never had a problem with a dirty unit, but once the smoke smell was pretty bad and we were moved with no problem. I just don't think you can beat the location. The drive to the parks is so easy and keeps you off I-4 and 192. Have a great stay and post back for a full report since we'll be leaving a couple of weeks later!
Lisa
Tiger Fan

A Mickeyfan said:
:cool1: :cool1: I just won Silver Lake 2 bedroom for a $6.00 bid!!! Yes, I am paying the $195 service & tax fee, the $15 document fee, and $100 to upgrade to the 2 bedroom. I took out trip insurance (since my bid was so cheap) for $17. That brings my grand total to $333 for 7 nights in a 2 bedroom condo at Silver Lake. Now, has anyone stayed there recently? I will be checking in on May 29th. :sad2:

Good work! That's not exactly off season so a really great deal. PS I decided the same thing about AP holder discount waiting game and went with Skyauction for Sept trip.

Great news!!!

I was looking at Silver Lake auction - there were a few.

you did GREAT!

I don't like that SA has latest been charging extra for 2-bedroom. they didn't use to.

but still even with the extra charges it is a very nice deal.

lots of people here seem to love Silver lakes for the location by itself.

So in your review please tell about the pool(s). thanks!

sorry about your job - are you going to try to find another one before your trip or after it? Hope you get a much better position.

How exactly do you search for these type of units on SkyAuction? I registered at the website, but can't figure out how to search for just condos or villas around Orlando.
Thanks

you can get the list down a bit

click on USA/Canada
Click on Florida (to the right)
click on hotels only (to the right)

then you should have about 10 pages to go through

don't bid until the last few minutes (register FIRST) - so others won't bid against you just for the fun of it....Yes skyaudition attracts that type.

spiceycat said:
Great news!!!

I was looking at Silver Lake auction - there were a few.

you did GREAT!

I don't like that SA has latest been charging extra for 2-bedroom. they didn't use to.

but still even with the extra charges it is a very nice deal.

lots of people here seem to love Silver lakes for the location by itself.

So in your review please tell about the pool(s). thanks!

sorry about your job - are you going to try to find another one before your trip or after it? Hope you get a much better position.

I have to agree with you..they never use to charge an upgrade fee for a 2 bedroom. I also noticed that they are now charging a "seasonal" fee as well for some dates during the summer & they never did that either. Even though there is the $100 upgrade ..it still comes out to $47.57 per night....all fees included! You can't even get a 3* on Priceline for that!!!
Some thing I noticed on the exchange voucher that I had to print out was & not comfortable with is...(pasted from what they sent to me) read #3!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EXCHANGE CONFIRMATION
Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you. Upon arriving at the resort, please present this confirmation along with proper identification.

Have a pleasant and relaxing vacation!

We are pleased to confirm your vacation exchange into the following resort:
Silver Lake Resort 2 Bedroom Suite
7751 Black Lake Road
407/397-2828

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. LATE CHECK-IN : Please notify the resort in advance if you anticipate a late arrival. 2. THIS CONFIRMATION IS NON TRANSFERRABLE.
3. FEES AND ASSESSMENTS : When you utilize the RCI Exchange system, you are reponsible for all taxes, surcharges or additional assessments assessed from the resort. 4. UNIT ASSIGNMENTS : The resort reserves the right to assign a different unit of the same size and occupancy as the unit confirmed above.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have used Skyauction before & don't remember seeing that.. I thought that was why you paid the $195 tax & service fee. Has anyone recently used SkyAuction & had this printed on their voucher??? I used them back in Oct for a room (not 7 night condo bid & then they didn't have it) Also used them for a condo about 2 years ago & didn't have it then either...

wow congrats, i have never stayed at this resort but i am a big fan of skyauction, congrats :cool1:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. LATE CHECK-IN : Please notify the resort in advance if you anticipate a late arrival. 2. THIS CONFIRMATION IS NON TRANSFERRABLE.
3. FEES AND ASSESSMENTS : When you utilize the RCI Exchange system, you are reponsible for all taxes, surcharges or additional assessments assessed from the resort. 4. UNIT ASSIGNMENTS : The resort reserves the right to assign a different unit of the same size and occupancy as the unit confirmed above.

I emailed SkyAuction about this & here is what they explained that the info there is standard & "if " the resort did have extra fees it would have been printed out on my voucher. It doesn't so there are no "extra" fees. I am brining a copy of my email from them as well as my voucher when I check in. Just figured I would post an answer to my own question in the event anyone else had a voucher like mine...

Some resorts have extra fees (resort fees, energy surcharges, etc). Your SA bid does not cover these. I have stayed at SL thru SA, and you will not ahve any extra fees. Have fun!

Straitlover said:
Some resorts have extra fees (resort fees, energy surcharges, etc). Your SA bid does not cover these. I have stayed at SL thru SA, and you will not ahve any extra fees. Have fun!
thanks for the post... that is more or less what SA has said too... I just got a little nervous reading the part were it said "taxes"...

luvdisney14 said:
What is the trip insurance?

Sorry I didn't answer you sooner. Here is what it is..
Travel Insurance

SkyAuction.com is pleased to offer optional travel insurance on all travel booked through SkyAuction.com. The travel insurance is provided by Travel GuardTM , America's #1 source for Travel Insurance & Assistance.

The cost of the insurance is based on the total price of your vacation package and includes the following coverages:

General Information on travel insurance coverage through Travel Guard:

$Trip Cost Trip Cancellation & Interruption
$500 Travel Delay ($100 maximum per day)
$1,000 Baggage and Travel Documents
$100 Baggage Delay
$10,000 Medical Expenses
$20,000 Emergency Medical Transportation
$25,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Included TRAVEL GUARD© Assistance
Included Livetravel

For more information and Terms and Conditions, click here.

To view an Adobe Acrobat (PDF) version of the Travel Insurance Brochure click here.

My sister stayed at SL last year in the older section and it was great. They were very close to the pool, which was very nice, and the location to Disney can't be beat. Her kids really enjoyed the games room and free internet. It was won on Skyauction for $261/week for a 2 bedroom. No hidden fees.

hockey mom said:
My sister stayed at SL last year in the older section and it was great. They were very close to the pool, which was very nice, and the location to Disney can't be beat. Her kids really enjoyed the games room and free internet. It was won on Skyauction for $261/week for a 2 bedroom. No hidden fees.
Wow...free internet..... my kids will love that!

We are staying the week before you. May 21st - 28th. We won ours for $361. I think it will be nice. It seems like most of the reviews are good. I was a little nervous at first b/c we have stayed the past two times at HGVC Sea World & I-Drive. They are BEAUTIFUL! :flower:

I believe there is a minimum age limit to use the computers. Maybe 16?? I know you have to use your room key to get into the room where they are. There were either 6 or 8 computers. If it's busy, there is a signup list and a 30 min time limit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter