Yo Ho Yo Ho a Tipsy Life for Me - A November '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 5/27

Joining in a little late, enjoying your report as always. I have avoided WCC because of the antics and “meh” food, but may have to take one for the team sometime because I’m sure Asher would love it. Nice to read your review and I could be satisfied with just the chips and a drink I believe!

Something very strange going on with the weather this year. I’ve been seeing reports of snow in the south, the far south, but so far nothing up here in the great “green” north. This time last year we had a foot of snow on the ground already.
Wow, I can't believe we are seeing snow before you. Definitely something strange going on. We even got more snow today which is odd for December.

I have never tried grits but I’ve always been curious. I suspect I might like the cheese variety
I love them, but I know they aren't for everyone. They are very similar to polenta if you've ever had that, just not as fine texturally. And the cheese of course does nothing but make them better.

Grits bother me. Like a ground up corn porridge? That can basically be served with everything? Not sure.
I despise corn, but somehow love grits. Makes no sense.

We've got a snow day here too :)
My 10 year old cheered when he heard the school had texted to say they're staying shut as the road in is too treacherous!
1 very happy boy and 1 very happy mum who may just have had 1 glass of wine too many last night while watching Suits :)
Now I don't have to get dressed and face the world for hours yet as I'm off work today :)
Loved Casey's face with all her ketchup. She sounds like such a happy girl in the wee videos (laughed at you guys shushing her "king of the world").
Great update
Yeah for snow days!!! Sadly no days off for us, but lots of fun and wine regardless. Glad you got some time off!

Too funny on the shushing as I didn't even here it. I think it was sometime after 8 at this point so I guess we were trying to be respectful :-) Odd choice for pirates pirate:

Nailed it!
Thank you very much!!!

Quite unsuspecting…where's the "after?"
Oddly I have the only kid in the world that likes Beverley. Seriously I don't think there is anything she wont eat or drink.

We got a bunch of snow today, too. There's notching better than a snow day spent being cozy at home :love:
You got that right. Snowing a little here again today. So we're rinsing and repeating the whole fire and wine thing!

:laughing: This is just the start! I've got a 16 year-old and 14 year-old, and they've pretty much figured everything out!
God help me. I'm not ready for that

OMG that picture of Jason and Casey with the ketchup...not sure which one is cracking me up more! :rotfl2:
Me either! They are definitely two peas in a proverbial pod

Casey is so sassy! is it me or has she gotten taller?
Both the sass and the size have grown :-) She well over 4 feet at this point, but genetics will catch up to her soon :-)

:rotfl: Your excellent strategy had a good run though, by the sounds of it. I haven't been on the teacups in 30+ years and I have NO intentions of trying ever again... :scared1:
It appears I now get to join you on the sidelines for at least the next 30 years

Your daughter has the best personality!!! ::yes:: Loved the videos, too!
Thanks Tracy!!! She is certainly quite the little ham. No idea which side of the family she gets that from :confused3
IMG_4831.jpg

Yay for bribes! Whatever works, I say. Of course, I have a 2 year old, so his bribes are currently of the tablet and chocolate variety.
Good news for you is those bribes continue to work when the are 6!

Oops! No more rides in the teacups with mom, I guess. My husband and I rode the teacups on one of our trips 3 times in a row before we were done.
3 times in a row!!!!! That is crazy. I'd still be passed out somewhere.

I've never been to Whispering Canyon, but I love reading reports about it. I'm glad Casey loved it. I would have been mortified as a kid.
I would have been too, I hated attention like that. Casey on the other hand can't get enough of it.

I don't think I knew before that the people with the ketchup were the ones to take it to the other tables. That's too funny!
Yep if you have it you have to run it to the next table. We had so much a girl at the table next to us ended up helping and Casey jumped in and helped a few other families too. The ones that are completely unsuspecting are the best.

Love it already!
Thanks!!! Hope the love continues :love:

Joining in a little late, enjoying your report as always. I have avoided WCC because of the antics and “meh” food, but may have to take one for the team sometime because I’m sure Asher would love it. Nice to read your review and I could be satisfied with just the chips and a drink I believe!
Thanks for joining in the party matey. The WCC antics definitely aren't for everyone, but Casey clearly ate it all up. And if Asher is anything like her, he'd be in heaven. The food is definitely nothing to write home about, but its certainly not bad either.

Great Reviews so far!!! We love WCC, it is a fun atmosphere!!! ::MickeyMo
Thanks so much!

Always love your dining reports. I also love the videos, Kasey is so funny
Thank you! We certainly like her. I think we'll keep her :P

Thanks Tracy!!! She is certainly quite the little ham. No idea which side of the family she gets that from :confused3
img_4831-jpg.288809
I guess it'll remain a mystery ;) :rotfl:

Attack of the 50 Foot Burger

The next morning Jason was up at 3am AGAIN for the Wine & Dine 10K. I'll get up that early for Disney, but no way I'd get up that early to run. Who am I kidding, no chance I'd run regardless of the hour :-) Since he had the half marathon coming up the next day he took this race easy and stopped to enjoy some of the characters.

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_E0087.jpg
Clearly he was taking his Orange Bird shirt a little too seriously and thought he could fly.

He was back in the room before we'd even gotten up but it wasn't too long before we headed to MGM. To amuse herself at the bus stop, Casey decided some pole dancing was in order.
IMG_4342.jpg
She ended up doing this just about every day and proclaiming she loved pole dancing. We got more than a few looks from other parents. #SoProud

She eventually found her way off the pole so could get to MGM. On the way in I had to finally break it to her that her beloved Great Movie ride was no more.
IMG_4357.jpg
Clearly she was not happy.

From there we saw a cool new technology from a frog, bear, and a pig :confused3, buzzed thorough a galaxy far, far away, and hung out with a couple of mice....
DSCF4405.jpg
DSCF4401.jpg
...before it was time to get on a buzz of our own

Lunch was where it always is for us at MGM - SciFi Cafe. I like 50's Prime Time more but Jason doesn't care for their menu so 50's is our go to. We were seated quickly and it wasn't long before we got both 6 year old and adult buzz-worth items.
IMG_4350.jpg IMG_4351.jpg
That's a chocolate shake for Casey (which she said was delicious but she wouldn't let me try it) and some cool brews for Jason and I.

Continued in next post....

Attack of the 50 Foot Burger Continued

For our entrees Casey and I shared the Reuben with the usual Corned Beef, Sauerkraut, Swiss Cheese, and Thousand Island Dressing on Marble Rye Bread. We also subbed in onion rings for french fries. YUM!
IMG_4354.jpg
This is a horrid photo thanks to the great lighting in SciFi, but the emphasis is on the good stuff: the onion rings!!! These were hot and crispy fried onion perfection. Sadly I can't say the same for the reuben. It wasn't bad but it was overloaded with so much corned beef that the ratio of meat to sauerkraut and dressing was just off.

Casey also wanted a salad, which we got from the kids menu, and it apparently so good it elicited this reaction.
IMG_4356.jpg

Casey's amazing salad aside, Jason was the food winner of the afternoon with SciFi's specialty burger: The Southern.
IMG_4355.jpg
This was a perfectly executed medium rare burger topped with a fried green tomato, pimento cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Jason LOVED this thing of beauty. The meat was perfectly cooked and was of the utmost quality and while fried green tomato wasn't too discernible, the creamy pimento cheese really put it over the top. I had some massive order envy.

Overall, we really enjoyed SciFi. Casey loves to watch all the old movie trailers and clips and who doesn't want to eat in the dark? The food is good, and reasonably priced, and we've always had great service. My only complaint? I'm getting slightly sick of eating there on every trip :P I'm hopeful the new Baseline Taphouse adds some more food options in the future so its a lunch option too.

After lunch we had a FP for Casey to ride Rock N Roller Coaster for the first time, but she chickened out so we were able to swap it out for Toy Story instead. We also wandered a bit checking out the studios Christmas decorations and stopped in Sweet Spells for some goodies for later.
IMG_4361.jpg

We headed out from there - since well you can now do the park in under 2 hours :P - but stopped and did our first pressed pennies on the way out. Thanks to Su-Lynn, @chunkymonkey, and her fun family filled vacation ideas, I got this for Casey before the trip and it was a huge hit. It even kept my little shopaholic out of a few stores.
IMG_4367.jpg

We had a bit of a wait for a bus, but Donald and Daisy kept Casey company.
IMG_4369.jpg
On the way to the hotel I was able to snag a dinner reservation at one of our favorite non-signature places. Any guesses????

Up next, we swim & dunk

The next morning Jason was up at 3am AGAIN for the Wine & Dine 10K. I'll get up that early for Disney, but no way I'd get up that early to run. Who am I kidding, no chance I'd run regardless of the hour :-)

Holy cow! Jason's committed! We're doing one early morning for the 5K and that's it...and I'm dreading that wake up call...

img_4342-jpg.289165

She ended up doing this just about every day and proclaiming she loved pole dancing. We got more than a few looks from other parents. #SoProud

Oh my goodness! What a ham!! She's fabulous. :lovestruc

img_4357-jpg.289169

Clearly she was not happy.

Neither was I, Casey. Neither was I.

After lunch we had a FP for Casey to ride Rock N Roller Coaster for the first time, but she chickened out so we were able to swap it out for Toy Story instead.

I'm with Casey on this one! Good FP swap though!

Those pressed penny books are so neat. And I loooove Casey's ears!

Following along!!! This is SUCH a fun DR, I love the way you write!

Great updates, as always! The onion rings look absolutely amazing. I think I suddenly need some. Funny that Casey wanted a side salad. I guess sometimes your body prevails over your brain? :confused3 I would never think to order the burger Jason got, but it sounds super tasty. Funny that you mention getting tired of eating at Sci Fi... it's been a while since we spent enough time in DHS... I mean MGM... to need a meal while we were there. Especially with such good stuff nearby outside the park! My guess on the favorite non-signature... hmm :scratchin The Wave?

Oh and I love your photo of the tree in the middle of Echo Lake. We are stopping by WDW for 2 nights on the way to R's mom's house later this week... hope we get some decent blue sky days so I can immitate your photo!

Wow those onion rings look great. I prefer onion rings over fries unless I am getting fish & chips . We haven't been to Sci Fi yet as Mama Melrose is always the 1st choice for a DHS lunch . Between the onion rings and the Bear Republic Racer 5 ( ate at their California brewpub a few years ago:thumbsup2) SciFi may get a shot . We liked the food at 50s but always seem to wait a while even when our ADRS are within 30 minutes of openning.
I am impressed with the cutting down of the Christmas tree. When our local fire company started home tree delivery that sealed the deal for us.

I get getting tired of a place when you eat there every trip! We get burnout from time to time too! Hope you can convince your husband to branch out!

Sorry your dish was just eh outside of the onion rings but at least the other two were winners!

Love Jason's 'costume'. His level of costume is about the same as what I would do. Normal running clothes but still together!

I’m with you... no running at any hour! Although I am really tempted to do a Star Wars race. Pole dancing. :rotfl2::rotfl: :lmao: I can imagine the looks.

I didn’t notice Casey’s shirt had Darth Vader on it until the pressed penny picture. I love it! And her ears. @chunkymonkey does have the best ideas. I’ve taken quite a few notes from her reports.

It’s been a few years since I tried Sci Fi but I am a sucker for a burger and fries or onion rings. I wish you hadn’t had such a bad experience at Brown Derby - I really like it although hate they got rid of the lunch menu. Other than that, I have high hopes for the Star Wars cantina or something in that land.

The Wave was also my first thought on a non-signature.

Love Sci-fi! We go almost every trip as well. The onion rings and burgers are what we usually always have. The place relaxes me for some reason and gets you out of the crazy small MGM for awhile! Casey is definitely a ham! Jason got to meet some awesome characters, maybe I should take up running, NOT! I’m guessing maybe Sanaa for dinner.

Love the pole dancing!!!!! I can just imagine the looks...Knowing me, I would have laughed and encouraged the situation...:tongue: Hell, I would've joined in!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter