YOAMD for anyone just there or there now.

marvali

DIS Veteran
If you have been there before, have you noticed an increased presence of the Dream Team and people winning dreams? I was just wondering if they seem to be ending the promotion with a bang as it winds down to the end. Does anyone know or think they may do a little extra the final week of the year? We head down on the 30th and plan to be in the parks the final two days of the year. Just hoping for one last shot at a little bit of Disney magic.

It's still going fully strong. As per the rules, they give away the castle just about every day and 250 DFP's and Dream Ears at each park each day, and at time dream lanyards.

When I was there I saw 3 different winners of something big, one winning a VIP tour guide for 4 hours in Animal Kingdom (they claimed it was worth $500).

Every prize is suppose to be in a computer, and then it tells when it is suppose to be distributed, date, time, place.

But I have a feeling if they don't distribute the Mickey Ears, laynards etc, it is given to the post card people. I have won at least 4 mickey ears. Not that I am ungrateful, but it would be nice if another big prize could be won through the mail.

I was just there the 16th-23rd. And that was my 3rd time there since YOAMD started and was not lucky enough to be selected. I did see a little girl win a $500. shopping spree, they were on the boat behind us on Pirates:eek: that was as close to luck as we got, we witnessed it!

I did see alot of people with the ears and FP. I also saw alot of the Dream squad members, in the MK though, I only saw one other one time in Epcot.

I know I was hoping there would be an abundance and we would get lucky.

We were there November 20-26. I never saw the dream team. I saw some people with dream ears and fastpasses, but not a lot of people.

I was just there Nov 14-17, my third trip during YOAMD 2007-08, and never saw the Dream Team, but I did see one family with Mouse ears, at Epcot, and one family gave us some of their dream fastpasses (Epcot) :thumbsup2 they said they go to WDW every year and didn't really care about the fastpasses! After they gave us the fastpasses and walked away from us, I said, I come every year and I care about the YOAMD giveaways!! In Jan of this year, we won the YOAMD lanyards when we got off the first boat returning from Tom Sawyer Island :cool1:

It seemed to me that most of the prizes were given out early in the day, like the Dream FP and ears. My friends and I won DFP at AK in October for several days including Saturday, but we got to the park early on Sat. and were some of the first riders on Dinosaur. Actually we twice in a row and won the second time in the pre-show room.

We just got back yesterday and we won Dream Ears on Small World on 11/30 around noon time. We would have won Dream Fast passes that morning on Small world too but DS refused to ride it.

We just missed winning Dream Fast Passes on Star Tours on 12/3 at 10am. The group in front of us won the last ones.

Other then that, we didn't see the Dream Team at all during the 8 day trip.

It's still going on. We won Dream fast passes in MK on Tuesday, Dec 2. We also won Dream fast passes in AK on Saturday, Dec. 6.

i just got back and we saw alot of ears at Epcot!! and we won ours on Malestrom in Norway!!
Good Luck!

We were there 11/22 thru 11/29. DH didn't believe miracles do happen but he found out they really do. The first day at the parks we were there early and went straight to Thunder Mountain. We got off the ride and there in the exit was the Dream Team handing out FPs. We only saw them once or twice the rest of the week and a only a few people who won ears or FPs. What a magical way to start a vacation.

We just got back and won two sets of 5 dream fastpasses on Mon 12/8 at DHS. The first one was after we rode TSM and the second was as we waited for Star Tours to start. The entire room won passes. The lines were so small that we gave 3 full dream fastpasses away because we could not use them all. We then won ears coming off BTM on Saturday. This is our fourth trip the past two years and had not won anything so we ended the celebration with a bang. It did seam like there was a lot more castmembers out giving things away. Everything says 2008 on them so I would think they want to get rid of it all before the end of the year.

Hope they don't give everything away too quickly. We will be there on the 30th and the 31st, and we will have a 11yo first timer with us on this trip. It would be great to win something so he has one more memory of his first trip. We won dream FPs when we were there last August at AK, so hopefully we will get lucky again.

I was there for a short trip two weeks ago. One morning coming in the back entrance to Epcot the Dream Team was on top of the hill going into the park handing out Dream Fast Passes. I certainly was so excited I could not spit out omg there is the Dream Squad. One of the team members was jumping up and down making the same oh oh oh noise I was making. Dream fast passes on a Saturday, life could not get much better than that.

Just back from a week stay. Never once saw any Dream Team member. I saw one family that had Dream Fast passes. I only saw 2 or 3 families with Dream Ears on the whole week.

Hi, got dream ears at DHS on the great movie ride. It was 12/11. A rainy day and that made it all better. We did see a lot of things given out. Just missed many of them. Story of my last trip also. Just happy to have my ears.
Did see a kid with a shopping spree at AK, and did see family with personal guide a MK on our last day 12/13.
We were there three times during YOAMD, and won in 12/06 not in 9/07 and won in 12/08.
We are just thankful for what we got.
Cindy

Just back 12/11-19, and saw the Dream team at every park we were at. I didn't see any dreams given away but I saw people with lanyards and ears throughout the park. My DH teased me when I wanted to follow the Dream people, as they are easy to spot with thier denim shirts and the black messenger bag. I wanted to be in the right spot at the right time, but it never worked out!
Our DS was given a dream from a CM. He was asking to see a CM's pins for trade and the CM gave him the Tinkerbell dream pin set. One to keep, and one to give to another guest to help spread the magic. Our DS was thrilled and really enjoyed looking for another young child with a pin lanyard on to give it to! The little girl he gave the second pin to seemed so happy to get it too! (The card the pins came on was perforated and the instructions were printed on it). I think he enjoyed giving the pin as much as getting it! That was great!

Just back 12/15 to 12/20 and I only saw Dream team members once. We were exiting EE and they were waiting there with bags. I guess we weren't the lucky winners.

Other than that...I wouldn't have even known YoaMD was still going on. I saw a handful of people with Dream FP's...but it really wasn't alot.

We were always there at Rope Drop too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter