YOAMD slowing down or still going strong?

newbie72

Earning My Ears
We will be heading to WDW in 10 days and just got a handle on the YOAMD thing. I thought it was over last year, but it seems like it is still going on?

Is is dying down now or still going strong??? Just wondering...believing in my dreams...hoping some pixie dust gets thrown our way during our trip!

Anyone heard of getting a "dream" at the resorts or the DVC's?

Thanks.

We will be heading to WDW in 10 days and just got a handle on the YOAMD thing. I thought it was over last year, but it seems like it is still going on?

Is is dying down now or still going strong??? Just wondering...believing in my dreams...hoping some pixie dust gets thrown our way during our trip!

Anyone heard of getting a "dream" at the resorts or the DVC's?

Thanks.

Dreams are at the Parks and DTD only.

Just got back from WDW last week and we won dream fast passes at Magic Kingdom and at Hollywood Studios, YOAMD is most definitely still going strong!

Agree its def still going strong. We just got back from our 2nd trip during TYOMD and we actually got TWO rewards.

First was a Dream Fast Pass at DHS. We were exiting Toy Story Mania at 10:45ish Thursday October 16th! The Second came on Saturday October 18th at DAK around 11:00ish at the flamingo viewing area across from pizasafari...This was Dream Ears! I think the key is to get out and about early as we were at rope drop everyday and saw plenty of dream members around. Our last trip we didnt get out till noonish and we didnt see any.

good to know! Thanks...I have never been there during rope drop. what is that all about?
My grandparents lived in Port Richey while I was growing up and when we went to visit them, we always did one day at MK, but I never remember anything about rope drop.

It has not changed at all. They have one castle stay (almost) every day and the same amount of Dream Fast Passes, Dream Ears, and Lanyards that they've had all year to give out each day (they used to give out Lanyards every day in 2007 but added more ears instead for 2008). Which of the bigger prizes are left (DVC,Shopping Sprees) I do not know.

The whole family won Dream fastpasses coming off of BTMR last Sunday the 19th, about 9:30am.

My DH and DS won YOMD Mickey ears coming off of Space Mountain on the 24th.

And DD and I won Dream Fastpasses on Saturday the 25th coming out of the Princess tent at Toontown.

This is our 4th trip during the promotion and this is the 1st time we've won.

The whole family won Dream fastpasses coming off of BTMR last Sunday the 19th, about 9:30am.

My DH and DS won YOMD Mickey ears coming off of Space Mountain on the 24th.

And DD and I won Dream Fastpasses on Saturday the 25th coming out of the Princess tent at Toontown.

This is our 4th trip during the promotion and this is the 1st time we've won.

We just got back last night from a quick 5 day stay and our's was very different then the other posters here. This was our third stay during the YOAMD and we saw a few dream fast passes and ear, but not as many as last time. It also seemed like there was less "other stuff" this trip. One our trip in 2006 we were selected to ride TOT before the park opened... which was really cool. And during the last two trips it seemed like all cast members were doing little things. This time it seemed like that had slowed down... but there were a lot of "Happy Birthday" buttons, or Anniversery, ot 1st trip or honorary citizen buttons all over the place. Maybe they are already gearing up for the next celebration.

good to know! Thanks...I have never been there during rope drop. what is that all about?
My grandparents lived in Port Richey while I was growing up and when we went to visit them, we always did one day at MK, but I never remember anything about rope drop.

"Rope drop" is the ceremony they have to open each park. It's different in each park. In order to see it, you should probably arrive at the theme park 30-45 minutes before the posted opening time, depending on when you go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter