xoSamma

DIS Veteran
Yolo Part: Spooky Season in Potatoland

Make a wish upon a star close your eyes and just believe
You have travelled from so far now you’re close enough to feel it
With a smile on your face and a song in your heart
This is where you’re meant to be, make a wish upon a star
The magic is here it’s here for you and me

After what seems like forever, its time to reminisce on a trip to Potatoland….a trip that got all my favorite people together. The trip that took almost a year of planning. So hop aboard and come join the fun!

Sam

51727812920_9fd131b042.jpg

I’m Sam, the disney planner, the disney obsessed one of the group.

Erin

51727578729_0d80ea28f6.jpg

Erin didn’t choose the Disney life, she just sort of got sucked into it when she became my friend.

Brittany and Joe

51727824845_7c37fc8c71.jpg

51726157172_c34cbca159.jpg

The newlyweds! Brittany and I went to college together, did the DCP together where she met Joe while both working at Space Mountain, fell in love and the rest is history

Garrett and KC (Kiss)

51727618139_8ffe4491e6.jpg

The two best friends. Kiss is my brother, Garrett is his roomie. They both come to Disney for the eating and drinking.

Marisa and Spencer

51734132014_2e2d7733e9.jpg

The newly engaged couple. I’ve known Marisa since we were tots, the last time we went to Disney was for our high school graduation back in 2010. But the last Disney park we went to together was Tokyo Disney. Spencer is new to Disney, he went once before but didn’t remember it.

When: October 8-14
Where: Fort Wilderness
Why: Joe’s trip….fall, friends, halloween horror nights​

IT'S A DISNEY DAY!

Since the last trip back in March a lot has been happening

I took a secret surprise trip to Disney for a weekend in June to surprise and celebrate Brittany for her bridal shower. I stayed at Coronado, fell in love with it and promised myself I would stay here for longer than a night like my past 3 stays. I for sure thought Brittany knew I was coming, but she had no idea and I made her cry…so thats a win in a good way. While I was keeping this secret she was keeping one of her own. She wanted to get the job before she told me, however she got it and is back with the Disney company. She jumped on a seasonal position to get those Disney perks and works at the Emporium from time to time.

Like every Disney trip, there is always a process when it comes to planning. This trip was in planning for about a year and right away I called it the Joe trip. Back in November he asked us to come down the week he had off, his only request was that we stay at fort wilderness and get a golf cart. There’s no need to twist my arm when fort wilderness is involved…or Disney.

Throughout the year of planning we ran into some hiccups along the way. The big one was the cabins not being available. This was stressful, I looked practically everyday on the website and the cast discounted rooms just hoping something would pop up. One day we were lucky and it showed up but not for all the days, then Marisa texted me randomly one day and was like “can we still join you at Disney, both Spencer and I got the time off” we were more than excited to have them, the only thing was the cabins slept 6 and now we have. Party of 8. We all agreed to just cram since another cabin was not available. Then comes summer, we turned into a party of 9 and possibly a dog. But by the time the trip comes it returns to a party of 8.

Everything seemed to work out in the end, although being the planner it became very stressful at time. But I was more than exciting to have all my best friends at Disney at the same time.

Now onto the trip!

Like every trip to Disney, it wouldn't be the same if you didn’t get the earliest flight there. And with that we were up at 4am. Erin was so kind to take us all to the airport. Security was a breeze, besides the fact that I brought a party sheet pizza in my carry on. So I knew right away that it would be checked. The security guard was super nice though and tried so hard to put everything back in my bag right. From there it was the same old thing, wait at the gate, board the plan and fly over 2 hours. Nothing exciting.

When we got to MCO we had some time to kill, Marisa and Spencers flight arrived a half hour after ours so we just decided to wait and take the magical express all together. So while we waited we went to Chickfila to get some breakfast. As we were enjoying our first meal of the trip Marisa and Spencer came walking up. I made sure I was prepared and took their breakfast order the night before so they didn’t have to wait for food. Marisa took this time to introduce Spencer to Erin…”we already met for his birthday outing” and then to Kiss “We went out to dinner when you guys were home” finally Garrett, she knew someone didn’t know spencer.

After everyone ate we headed to the magical express. I miss the pandemic times when you were told where to sit and the bus left right away. Today we waited for the bus to fill up and we sat there forever.

51711900988_210da7c0d1.jpg

Today was a hot one in florida. When we arrived at fort we were hoping our cabin would be ready but unfortunately it was not. So we took the time to change and create our own corner of suitcases in the lobby. Brittany arrived shortly after and once we all managed to be ready for the day, we moved our suitcases to storage and went to catch a bus.

First park of the trip, Epcot. We were ready to tackle the world showcase. When we got there we were already off to a great start. Brittany was unable to get in. Before she even scanned in she was worried. She didn’t know if it would pick up her CM main gate because they were blocked out or if her AP would work. Nothing worked so while we were all in the park she had to go to Guest Relations.

51725979042_a2051f3411.jpg

51711625896_bb258c129a.jpg

We waited for what seemed like forever so we decided to go find some AC while we waited for her. After about 5 minutes she texted me saying her monthly payment didn’t go through so thats why she couldn't get in. Oh to have the luxury of monthly payments for an AP. And the funny thing is that her pass expired in 2 days. So while we waited for her to meet us at spaceship earth we did the very tourist thing to do…

51712507750_65297c105f.jpg

We decided to get at least one ride in before we started drinking around the world. Marisa chose Test Track so we headed over there. The long walk around makes me wish that they would be done with the expansion and we didn’t have to walk around.

Brittany had one job this morning while we were all on planes, did she remember? Negative. What was that job? try to get ratatouille boarding passes. But it all turned out ok because while we waited for Test Track we were able to try for the second round and managed to get everyone on it. Then it was a good half hour wait ahead of us until we were testing our vehicles. Brittany Erin and I were here to make the most efficient car, because I feel like thats what truly gives you the best scoring car.

51712296194_a8cf6a02b9.jpg

Since there were 7 of us, until Joe finished work. We had to split into 2 cars. Us efficient girls went with strangers and were anxious to see what everyone scored.

*insert ride photo we don't have here* RIP to them getting ride of free photo pass for AP holders. Kind of miss that.

Right when we got off we knew we had to wait for the rest of the group so we decided to go check our score for our car. 208 not too bad. The rest of the group found us and checked there score, we saw that kiss and garrett got a 213 so when they asked Brittany said 214. We were dying laughing, was it all that funny? No.

By this time everyone was hungry and if we didn’t get food soon there was going to be a lot of hangry people. So the first stop of our F&W night was the Mac and Cheese. Everyone ended up with Mac and Cheese besides Brittany who went with the crab dip.

51712507725_bc619a61a1.jpg

Erin got the regular mac which had some spice to it. Then it was a 50 50 split with everyone else with the truffle and cowboy mac. The truffle one was by far my favorite of the 3.

51711624831_2bd54148dd.jpg

By this time it was officially time to hit up the world showcase. The crowds were hoppin today. But that tends to happen more on a holiday weekend. First stop was Mexico, and the line for margaritas was the longest I have ever seen it. We had to wait in the coco room and then after that it went down the ramp and wrapped around before actually getting in. This gave us a good amount of time to figure out what we all wanted. And even still I couldn't decide, go with my favorite or try something new…my old boring self decided to play it safe and get the Wild One. One day I will try the popcorn one.

51712295884_fd39430d8a.jpg

51711625941_ce7233b279.jpg

51727139178_d0aa988dd4.jpg

After spending what seemed like forever in Mexico we took the party to my favorite pavilion. Off to Norway we went. Well we tried until Brittany and I turned back to Mexico without telling the group. Brittany had a video idea of us running the showcase while drinking…to “train” for the wine and dine half marathon the follow month. Erin kindly accepted being the director for the whole thing.

We headed back to Norway and the group didn’t even notice or care that we were left behind. They were already in line ordering food and drinks. Marisa already got a school bread and said we could share it…and if thats not true friendship I don't know what is.

51726888716_72719443df.jpg

Then Brittany asked if I wanted to split a viking coffee with her, so basically my friends are just the best.

51727770595_a3b528c33a.jpg

51726888666_3ec2c98e62.jpg

Everyone seemed to enjoy their viking coffees and school bread because truthfully how could you not? We decided to check out some merch, Marisa wanted to go smell some Laila and we then had to visit the troll

51726079622_3f15a677bd.jpg

We accomplished Norway, the boys went off to China while Brittany and I did our Norway run. Then it was off to China!​

Long time listener, first time caller, lol! I always look forward to your trip reports, you guys are a fun group. Thanks for sharing!

I was just thinking the other day it was time for your trip. Following along

You guys look like a fun group. Can't wait to hear about the trip.

First off thanks for joining along! Secondly, I might be biased but I would have to agree and say we are a pretty fun group.

Long time listener, first time caller, lol! I always look forward to your trip reports, you guys are a fun group. Thanks for sharing!

Welcome and thank you for following along!

Following along. Always enjoy reading about your trips

Hooray! Welcome along on another crazy adventure.

I was just thinking the other day it was time for your trip. Following along

Yes this trip has come and gone and it sure did take me some time to finally sit down to start it. But we are here and ready to reminisce on this trip!

Remy the Ratatouille

Coming to F&W I was very prepared with the options that I wanted to get. This way I knew which pavilions I needed to stop. China was on my list but once we saw how long the stand line was I decided to pass. Kiss and Garrett however decided to grab a drink so while we waited we just hung out. It was perfect time to work on Spencer and his modeling. Marisa was telling us that they had their engagement pictures after this trip, so we were there to give him some practice in front of the camera. We ended up with what felt like a hundred photos of nothing we could work with.

51743396540_4bf5142c34.jpg

51742750563_61e6a71d25.jpg

51742510621_648cc19eaf.jpg

Kiss and Garrett both got the tipsy ducks in love and was kind enough to let me and Brittany use there drinks for our china run. After China the group split. Everyone wanted to go to different booths so the boys went to India and we headed to Italy. Germany came first and I forgot I wanted to try the cherry beer so we jumped in line for that. After waiting a good amount of time we had come to learn that they were selling the beer currently and I was very sad. I just wanted to try something new. So instead we opted for the grapefruit beer at the normal germany cart. I jumped in the beer line while Brittany and Erin went to italy to grab us an Italian Margarita’s. They came back and found me in Germany to say the Italy booth was closed and got food instead at the germany booth.

51742750273_27495877a0.jpg

There was apparently lightning in the area and thats why all the booths were closed. So that puts a damper on trying to make your way around the world. So once I got double beers, we all made our way back out into the showcase. By some miracle the lightning passed? because the italy booth was starting to reopen back up. So Brittany was kind enough to jump in the non existing line to grab up each a margarita.
Cheers to beer and margaritas

51742750133_392075016b.jpg

And then us girls took to the Italy steps like the met steps in Gossip Girl.

51742750328_f392dc095e.jpg

The boys were hanging out doing their own thing, we had them join us, pounded down 2 drinks and went on our merry way. The next part of our day was the best part. The best bathroom in all of Epcot…welcome to America. As Marisa would say “The place to pee”

51748199375_0a7a7f9421.jpg

Next up in america was to get a drink, I decided to go with the strawberry lime beer. It was good but it wasn't a must get drink. We tried it, enjoyed it and moved on. It was almost time for us to head over to France for our ratatouille boarding group. So we headed to Japan for one last drink before we had to head over to france.

Today I was making sure I was going to finally try the Violet Sake that everyone raves about. The drink itself is very pretty, the color with the lemon slice. What a vibe. And I can say the hype for this drink lives up to it. I was very happy with my choice.

51743396905_d4e38ef5aa.jpg

We didn’t have time to get Morocco accomplished and planned to come back after Ratatouille. So we headed over to France and went to check out the newest addition to Epcot.

51743396080_125f067172.jpg

Before we got in the long line we decided it would be best to get ourselves a crepe. Cause when in France…its a crepe a day. Brittany and I took this time to reminisce on our trip to Pairs, literally a crepe a day…ratatouille but when paper fast passes were a thing.

51742509486_c1ec6135aa.jpg

The line for the ride was actually a really long wait. And I know its new but would I wait in the line again? Not sure. Its a cute ride but the queue for this ride is a bit much with the zigging and zagging especially the outside part.

51742510466_45a8ed48cd.jpg

51743152914_f6e7f53a84.jpg

51741685797_fbd7cb1457.jpg

Overall its a nice addition to the france pavilion. But what I truly wish they also brought to this park was the restaurant. There was something about the version in Paris when you got off the ride and you saw inside the restaurant with all the oversized things so it was like you were the size of a rat…plus the food was real good.

Ratatouille or Luca?

51743397155_5b3b05f38e.jpg

Silenzio, Bruno!

51741686867_5f14caafa5.jpg

51743396825_e989aa8726.jpg

Once we left the new area we found Joe who was finally off of work and ready to join the group for his trip. It didn’t take long before all the boys ditched us and headed over to the pub. While they ran off to the pub us girls back tracked to Morocco because Brittany and I were very dedicated about this running video and Erin wanted her daiquiri. The plan was to split up, get what we wanted and meet back at Ireland because thats the true winner when it comes to F&W.​

Let The Rain Fall Down

When we were leaving Morocco it started to get a little breezy, the winds started to pick up and the sky was getting a little more gloomier by the second. And before we even made it back to France the rain came down…and not a little sprinkle, full downpour mode. We ran for the nearest cover. I came prepared because I knew it was suppose to rain today, so I had a poncho and umbrella. The four of us crammed under these and shuffled our way to the nearest in door location. We practically gave everyone a free show with how ridiculous we looked, but at least others got a good laugh. Beauty and the beast sing along was the winner, Erin and Marisa went in search of ponchos and once they came back we went in search of the boys.

51764936787_7a32419a7e.jpg

51764862502_ed322d5e60.jpg

We found the boys outside the pub, just drinking beers in the rain. Very casual. We scooped them up on the way through and we all headed to Ireland. This booth was my favorite the last time we came to F&W and the rain wouldn't stop me from getting that delicious chocolate pudding cake.

When we got there I couldn't decide to I got both the cake and the sausage. It was a great choice because they were both delicious. The negative was the rain and soggy food. We ended up finding a somewhat dry location at the jofferys stand.

51766328234_76d7bcf03f.jpg

51765936333_4df22437db.jpg

By the time we finished at Ireland the rain seemed to stop. So we headed over to the Land but before we went there we made a quick stop at Figment because it was a walk on and you can’t pass that up.

51766568295_53201797f7.jpg

Then it was off to Living with the Land because that is our groups favorite. But before we headed for the land Soarin’s line didn’t seem to long. And by didn’t seem long….it was a walk on. Never in my life did I expect Soarin to be a walk on right after a heavy downpour. I feel like everyone normally runs for in door rides. But there was no complaining here.

51766328024_4a18215475.jpg

After our flight around the world we headed to the best attraction, living with the land. It was so great that today we got stuck on it. What a strange concept. Was someone jumping off the boat and stealing a cucumber again? Maybe so. We were stuck for a good amount of time but were able to entertain ourselves. The biggest question is why do we always get stuck on rides when Joe comes with us. First it was test track, another time it was Everest and now Living with the Land.

51765936268_abee8c8209.jpg

Once we got off we headed to the front of the park. We were all ready to call it a night. But before we left we decided to do Spaceship earth because why not? And I must say Disney should have added the lights on Spaceship earth a lot sooner because she is the prettiest girl in school.

51765765966_822a74e380.jpg

51765690546_8a453ccf71.jpg

By this time it was around 9ish and we were all ready to call it a night. So thats what we did…but first we needed all the pictures of spaceship earth.

51766403559_5874748253.jpg

51765690656_e42603091b.jpg

51765765526_de49cf7bc6.jpg

Since Joe drove, he took Brittany Kiss and Garrett with him. They wanted to get chickfila so they headed out. And the rest of us caught a bus back to Fort. While we waited Marisa tried leading our group in some nice yoga…no one was interested, she just wanted to close her apple watch rings.

Luckily we didn't wait too long for a bus and once we got to Fort we went to pick up our bags, they say they would drive them over. Could they drive me over too? Because that would be swell. That wasn't an option so we walked, they all followed me blindly like I knew where I was going. Fort truthfully isn't hard to navigate, just when its dark and has very little lights does it get confusing and you question if you made the right turn. I do though know my fort and we found our way to our cabin.

When we got to the cabin they CM with our luggage was just pulling out from our cabin. Thats when we realized that they only brought half our suitcases so thats not cool. We called down again and this time we got everyones belongings. We then tried to set up the cabin quickly. The car group made it to the cabin, we unpacked Brittany’s car of all the groceries and set up camp.

By this time it was going on 11 and I was ready to zonk. Tomorrow it was going to be a bright and early morning so we all called it a night.​

Happy 50th Magic Kingdom

It was our first morning waking up in Disney and I was the first one up around quarter to seven. For a moment I thought I would be the only one heading to magic kingdom this morning but finally people started moving, and unfortunately for them it was a struggle getting bathroom time. The only ones who decided to not come to the park this morning were Kiss and Garrett. Another struggle was that we rented the golf cart for today and you can’t pick it up until later in the day so we had to take the internal bus. It wasn’t awful but its not as quick. As we waited for the bus we watched so many joggers out and about this morning and I could only wish to be one of those fit people who wake up early on vacation to work out…but alas that is not me.

It was a very foggy morning and made it a very spooky season here in Florida.

51783583758_92060f91f6.jpg

The boats are my favorite mode of transportation on Disney property. There is just something about pulling up to the magic kingdom on a boat listening to the Disney Mania music.

51784205585_1dbdb2b23d.jpg

Today we were here to try out the new half hour early entry for the resort guests (Truthfully I knew I wouldn't like it more than the old early EMHs, but it is what it is) We made it to Main Street before we decided to get some starbucks to start our morning…so yes we used the early entry for starbucks. But it was that or have a caffeine deprived Brittany and we wouldn't want that. I also would never turn down a pumpkin chai tea latte

51797828941_d7d43820c0.jpg

Surprisingly the starbucks line was short so we still had time for the “early entry” So we joined the large crowd that waited to get their magic band scanned and truthfully this in it self is the early entry…just waiting in that crowd of people. We all made it in and headed to Space because that always seems to be our go to in the morning. The line already said 45 mins and the queue was wrapping outside…but we bit the bullet and got in line.

Thankfully the wait was wrong and we only waited maybe 20 minutes tops. My favorite part about this specific launch to space was Marisa’s reaction. I was DYING! She sat behind me and she was just laughing up a storm with every twist turn and drop. That alone was worth the 20 min wait.

After Space we headed to Mickeys star trader…not sure why? But we did. There I found the shirt I have been looking for since before the pandemic. The shirt they only had in a 2xl back in November last year when I was here. And I still didn't pick it up…so I knew there was a good chance I might regret that. However the stop was not wasted because Marisa decided to join the minnie ear crew and got the cute new orange leather ones.

With new ears we headed over to Haunted Mansion. It was still early but just like any Florida day…it started getting toasty right away. Haunted mansion was another wait…but unlike Space it kept moving. We saw some ghosts and then we followed up by taking so many photos.

This is the part of the day where we needed to get into business mode. If you are new here, back last spring Brittany and I decided to use our creative minds and start up an Etsy shop. So this trip we planned to take out some time to get some photos of our shirts we designed and since we have the most amazing friends, they allowed us to use them as models.

Shameless Plug: Etsy and Instagram @onesparkco

51784205830_6943b81279.jpg

51797871056_c5f0c58c7f.jpg

We took an obnoxious amount of pictures and after getting a handful that we liked we then turned it into a friendship photoshoot on the side of momento mori.

51783332836_4d8be80f9f.jpg

51782518042_205b5dde96.jpg

51783584168_0461142038.jpg

51782517612_facb825d14.jpg

51782518032_41a9196153.jpg

51797833306_b4255da178.jpg

The boys were good sports waiting around while we got all our pictures. And to reward them Joe said he would do one more ride before he headed back to the cabin to hang out with Kiss and Garrett. So we decided that last ride for Joe would be Pirates. On our way over to Adventureland we passed by the shooting arcade and I asked everyone if they wanted to do it since it was just changed over to being free. It was something new for all of us! There was no way we would ever pay to play but since it was free why not?!

We lasted maybe 30 seconds, it was not all that thrilling and we felt sorry for any parent that got suckered to pay for their child to play because it was not worth it. But hey at least I can say I did it. Then it was off to Pirates. Yo ho yo ho!

At this point Joe was gone, he headed back to Fort. And unfortunately for Spencer that means he was stuck with all us girls. And it was yet again time for another photoshoot for Etsy. We walked around Adventureland until we found a good spot and then it was quick because we didn’t want to waste everyones time taking etsy photos.

51796886672_882520387a.jpg

We headed over to frontierland to see how long the wait was for Splash. When we headed towards it, the line was all the way back to Pecos bill’s…no thank you. When we got closer we noticed that the logs were empty meaning it was down. So we planned right there that we would come back later that night. And before we went to find some lunch we grabbed a Frontierland picture.

51797953643_f166c0df5d.jpg

You guys look like you're really enjoying yourselves, especially at the World Showcase.

The Day I Became A Sister Wife

It was about lunch time so we asked Marisa and Spencer what they would be interested in. We opted for Brittany’s favorite (but actually least favorite) and decided to mobile order our food. Before we headed over to cosmic rays we found ourselves at the castle taking pictures. It was suppose to be a quick photo for Brittany in front of the castle while the others looked at the menu to see what they wanted.

51797836801_cd88738cfd.jpg

It then somehow became a whole photoshoot in front of the castle

51797836336_4a31caf1d3.jpg

51797954038_41dd5983d7.jpg

It was when we decided to lay down in front of the castle when a cavalcade decided to come through. Everyone came running to line up at the stage railing while we tried not dying and getting stepped on.

51797836326_db4e1a0ffb.jpg

51798566425_e9f7da442c.jpg

Once the cavalcade passed by and down main street, we found our friends and took a few more photos before going to get our food.

51798199899_afdf4660cb.jpg

51796883832_4db424bf2c.jpg

51796883312_be69dbc0e8.jpg

Cosmic Rays was a popular place today. It took so long try to find a table and even longer for our food to be ready. I was very excited to try the mac and cheese burger. Mostly because I love Disney mac and cheese. However they have changed the mac and cheese and it is less ooey gooey as it once was. Because of this it seemed to be much more dry than I thought it would be, plus the cheeto dusting made it super messy. It was ok, not the greatest but ok.

51796887142_c71e113e44.jpg

Marisa and Spencer planned to stay for the rest of the day, while me Brittany and Erin planned to go back to the cabin and decorate the golf cart. So before we left the kingdom for the afternoon we grabbed a few more shirt pictures for the Etsy shop. Spencer was a true rockstar putting up with us.

51811183353_379c613a90.jpg

51811807315_043b83a467.jpg

51811077241_5b535d0b18.jpg

51804597394_7ae1442171.jpg

We left the love birds to run around the kingdom and we headed out. We were going to get a picture with the mickey minnie cake statue out front but the boat was at the dock and we would rather catch that than wait for another one. When we got back to Fort Kiss was there waiting for us with the golf cart. When we got back to the cabin the boys were already throwing a party and playing guitar hero. Us girls didn’t waste any time and headed outside to decorate the cart. The best part about decorating the cart, is not just the fact that its easier to find amongst all the others but when 3 of us buy random halloween decor and we have no real vision and just go for it. We spent a long time on that cart and we hoped it wouldn't fall apart the second we drove off.

Time flew by and we had to rush to get ready to meet Spencer and Marisa over the Poly. We all jumped on the cart and headed to catch a boat.

51811806160_65d69c4beb.jpg

While we waited for a boat Brittany asked if she could take the iconic fort picture cause I never asked her to take one with me…I then told her its just a me and Alish (my sister) thing. She then proceeded to say “She’s in Hong Kong, I’m taking her place”

51811077351_8a1beac65d.jpg

When we got to the dock was when I realized I forgot my mask….thank god for Erin who kept a whole package of them in her backpack. Life saver!

51811806320_c5d3f2f496.jpg

When we got on the boat Brittany wanted to inform all of us that she doesn't always have to sit with Joe, just because they are married doesn't mean they need to always sit together. This led to Joe randomly telling me how his wife wants to marry me, become sister wives. It was a whole back and forth thing between them. But the main reason was because me and Joe tend to be very similar and are the same person, so basically she married me in guy form. And the rest of the trip was me referring to them as my sister wives.

Today we met one of the most amazing CMs ever, he chatted with us the whole way. He told us how he started with the company, just a simple family vacation took a boat to the park and knew thats what he wanted to do once we retired. The only downfall to this great CM was her was a 49ers fan while we are all Buffalo Bill fans. Go Bills!

The reason I love the boats is the view of the kingdom you get, its one of my favorite things when it comes to Disney, just add in the train whistle and its the best.

51811077106_6a31999a1f.jpg

When we got to MK we learned what was causing Erin to get stopped each time during bag check…this was when she decided she would never bring her glasses case for her sunglasses with her ever again. Or just pull it out because going through the scanner.

Before we got on the monorail to go to the Poly we were able to get in the non existing line for the birthday cake photo

51812361232_c3979c0e4a.jpg

We all got on the monorail, headed over to the Poly to meet up with Marisa and Spencer and enjoy some quality friend time at Trader Sams​

Skipper Murph!!!

Trader sams is one of my favorite things but by the time we arrived around a little after 4 the wait to get in was already at 2 hours. Plus the terrace was full, we were lucky enough that Marisa and Spencer got there earlier than us and got two tables outside. It wasn't the Trader Sam’s experience I wish they had gotten but at least we got to have some drinks and food from captain cooks.

51810119157_7a437b195f.jpg

The perks of being able to bring food from captain cooks while on the terrance is a nice reason to sit outside. I can never pass up the opportunity to get the nachos…hands down one of my favorite QS meals.

Since we weren't able to actually make it inside for a drink we decided to ask a Skipper if it was at all possibly just to go in to get a picture with our Trader Sams shirt. She had to go ask someone and when she came back she told us to go talk to one of the bartenders to ask if we could barrow a few mugs. This is when we met the best skipper in all of Trader Sam’s…Murph. We asked him if we would be able to have mug each to hold for a picture and return, he then started grabbing every mug that was on our shirt and agreed to join the photo when we asked.

51811424244_fd98efda41.jpg

After our picture he asked he we were coming in for a drink, when we told him that we tried but the wait was to long and we wanted to head to MK for the night he told us to come back after the park close and tell the hostess that Murph sent us. So with that we caught the monorail and headed over to the kingdom for the rest of the night

51811806425_c949d60819.jpg

51824231892_5437440670.jpg

51824708798_f270872c70.jpg

When we got into the park the first place everyone headed to was the confectionary, it was new and some of the group wanted a sweet treat. While everyone headed in to look at the different snack options I tried getting Spencer ready for his engagement photos for when they get home…lets just say it was a process just trying to get a nice photo.

51825320945_5b1abc378a.jpg

51824943849_59fea3dc23.jpg

We headed into the confectionary and both Brittany and Erin decided to try out the new popcorn creation. While we waited for them to get the bag of sugared up popcorn Marisa looked through the 100 photos taken of her and spencer and goes “When you find someone to love, find someone who looks at you for pictures” I died. But noted.
Once they got their popcorn we headed over to Frontierland and got in line for thunder.

51824943234_f115c24610.jpg

The nice part about firework time at Magic kingdom is that it normally draws the crowds making waits shorter and that was the case for us. Then to make it better we got the very back of the train and it a full on party. Goat Effect was in full force tonight.
Us girls wanted to do Splash but the boys had no desire, so this is when we split up. They decided to go find food (as if we didn’t just eat a few hours ago) and we got in a 40minute wait but was less than 10 mins for splash.

51823656072_68f078f621.jpg

Fireworks from Splash was not a bad view

51824709688_d442fd4d77.jpg

Once we got off Splash we headed back to try to find the boys who were over in tomorrowland. We made a quick pitstop in the Christmas shop and I asked Brittany if I should buy her mom an ornament. Her parents tree is only Disney ornaments and whenever Im in Disney when she is she buys a good amount each time. Brittany told me She would love me more than she already does. I was sold! Lets get her an ornament but Brittany told me no.

We made our way to the castle to take a quick picture because the boys told us they would meet us over at Trader Sams.

51824709488_2a4d5a9256.jpg

And then we called it a night at the kingdom

51824709168_7346fb7389.jpg

51824600211_08d5013258.jpg

We maneuvered through the crowds and got in the line for the monorail. The boys were a few groups in front of us. When we got to the Poly there was still a long wait and the skipper at the front told us even though skipper murph told us to come back she couldn't let us in. Fair, but sad. Because of this the boys said we were walking home. It was a huge argument about who would be walking and who would get a ride on the golf cart. It only seemed fair for those who paid for it to get a ride…AKA me. Erin right away venmo-ed kiss for her share and to get a seat. It was a huge thing.

Today was my lucky day because we got to take two boats tonight, the one from Poly to MK and then Mk to fort. When we got back to Fort I was the stubborn one and just walked straight for the bus stop since I wasn't in the mode to fight over seats on the golf cart. Garrett ended up joining me and we had to hunger games our way onto the bus. But we made it. By this point Kiss called me and was asking where we were because he would come and get us…to late we were already on a bus back. Once we got back to the cabin Marisa and I decided to take a little walk to try out the community showers. A cabin with one shower for 8 people is hard, and there was a building right across the street from us. I was pleasantly surprised by these showers, I think I almost preferred them more than the shower in the cabin. It felt like we were at sleep away camp…but then again I have never been to sleep away camp so maybe it was nothing like it.

51825321005_67f330466e.jpg

By the time we got back to the cabin it was about 11:30ish. We all called it a night because tomorrow we had to be up and ready early to join all the other crazies on the sprint to Rise of the Resistance.​

Cute In Batuu

Today was an early morning because Rise of the Resistance was a must do for us and if we didn’t get there right when the park opened we would be out of luck. So the alarm went of at 6:30 and we were at the bus stop by 7. The early birds took the first round on the cart and we waited for the second group to join us.

51830385751_525a8c30c8.jpg

It always seems like the bus that you need never comes, but finally did and we joined the rest of the crowds at Studios. While the park didn’t open until 9 and the early entry started at 8:30, we were in line by 8:09. And the line was back by sci fi diner. While we waited in line Brittany and Marisa went a head to try to get some food at the stand outside of Muppets. When they returned Brittany was upset because there was a group in front of them who bought the last muffins leaving them with a breakfast of champions brownie.

51830385701_9b77fde59e.jpg

The line for Rise was a joke and all we could do was laugh about it. Once we even entered batuu we were taken backstage and over through the incredibles section.

51829429367_421d5f0994.jpg

From the incredibles section we then looped back to loop over to the muppets extended queue to muppets backstage. The never ending line. We officially started moving into the actual land of batuu. This is when we got word about all the southwest flights being canceled and Marisa accepting that she might have to stay in Florida a little bit longer.

After about 1.5 hour wait we finally were about to get on the ride

51830727474_f399ac4930.jpg

51830384526_0d61cab163.jpg

51830497293_f119611920.jpg

Rise is a great ride, however the wait can be a little much. Personally if we were here for the whole day I would choose to get every other ride done while the rest of the park rushes there straight when the park opens. But we were only here for a few hours and needed to knock it out.

It was finally time to get ourselves some blue milk, because when in Batuu blue milk is a must

51830498968_30fe4e0054.jpg

Once we got our blue milk I took Marisa and Spencer over to see the Millennium Falcon…which then Marisa goes “Wait that wasn’t it back there by the milk stand” No that would be the bad guys Marisa. She lied on instragm because she doesn’t know star wars….and thats ok.

51830728624_ccc18e8a0d.jpg

51830726569_8b4cc9f177.jpg

51830497338_3764a20418.jpg

We found our group and decided to grab something to eat. Half of us wanted woody’s and the other half wanted backlot. So we split up and those of us who got Woodys said we would meet them over at backlot once we got our food.

Marisa hated the fact that we said we would meet them over there once we started walking over there. The sun was shinning and we were melting. We made it in one piece without dropping our food and when we found them they were all drinking…they all were waiting for their food to be ready. At this point we had to figure out what our plans were for the rest of the afternoon, so we put it to a vote. Tower of Terror or Toy Story Mania. It was tied and no one could decide, so instead while they all waited for their food we decided to head over to Tower because as they would say “they didn’t need to do it”

51830384401_1d7f8b331d.jpg

The wait for tower was 100 minutes, I repeat 100 minutes. Its not worth that wait but we sure did get in line. Then after about 10 minutes into waiting we heard the ride is currently down announcement and people started jumping out of line. But as Brittany would inform us, if they don't make you get out of line, then they know the problem and should be a quick fix. So we stayed in line only to be ushered out shortly after. The only other option for us at this point was to follow the crowd and get in line for RnR. The line was in the outside extended queue looping multiple times in front of the guitar. It was HOT! And we spent the hour wait taking turns jumping out of line to get snacks. The boys ended up finding us and jumped in line. And while we waited I pulled out my pop tart from Woodys to snack on

51830498438_d668b646b2.jpg

Wow we have some famous friends

51830497373_8aa36b8ae4.jpg

51830497803_0efdb66a24.jpg

We were put in the last rows of our stretch limo and while they cool breeze felt wonderful, it was a WILD ride to the concert. After RnR the group decided to call it a day and head back to the cabin to get ready for the night ahead of us. Marisa, Spencer and I decided to stay because ToT was back up and running. So we jumped in line for that before heading out.

Again it was hot, we got up early, my feet were hurting just standing still in line, and I was hitting a wall. But it was ok because we made it through the line alive. And Goofy came to make an appearance.

51830498958_43b12b5c87.jpg

51829428107_3022c390e5.jpg

Although I did hit the wall, I was glad we stayed and got a turn on the spooky elevator.

The three of us then headed out of the park and back to the cabin. This gave us about and hour to relax before we had to start getting ready. A quick nap before we turned on Disney and headed to Universal to die at Halloween Horror Nights. Ready or not…here we come.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter