YOMD and McDonalds Happy Meals

TheTXTaylors5

He's the Mickey to my Minnie
My children begged to get McDonalds for dinner this evening because of the Spiderwick toys. The bottom of the happy meal box shows what the theme for the next month's toy. It said "Year of a Million Dreams" on the bottom. Does anyone know what promotion Disney has with McDonalds and the happy meals? I haven't seen anything advertised on tv. Thank you in advance for your response(s). We may be eating lots of happy meals next month. :rolleyes:

- Jennifer

when does the P&P theme start? Do they switch it out on sundays? I have no idea, I rarely go to McDonalds... I wonder if Canada will have them as well??

ETA: Canada does have the same themes.. yay! Just checked out the website.. but still.. when do they switch over?

It shows that the Spiderwick toys go until March 14, so they won't be starting the Year of a Million Dream toys until March 14 or March 15

I hope that they also make some glassware with the Year of Million Dreams on them, like they have done in the past!

Oh, I am so excited about that! Totally going to McDonald's next week -- oh, oh, oh -- I just had a thought! Next Friday marks our 100-day mark! How perfect is that? We can get Disney Happy Meals to celebrate! WOO HOO! Thanks for the news and link!

Thanks for the information. We rarely go to McD, but we will be when that starts. :goodvibes

Oh, I am so excited about that! Totally going to McDonald's next week -- oh, oh, oh -- I just had a thought! Next Friday marks our 100-day mark! How perfect is that? We can get Disney Happy Meals to celebrate! WOO HOO! Thanks for the news and link!

If you go next week, you won't get one of the Disney Year Of a Million Dream toys, as it does not start until March 14

I can't wait to see what the toys look like!:wizard:

I am also really happy to see Disney doing Happy Meal toys with Mcdonalds again, I hope they do more Disney toys!

This is so cool! We avoid fast food, but my kids will be super happy when I tell them we HAVE to get Happy Meals!! :rotfl2:

I saw this on our Happy Meal yesterday, too. I can't wait. My DS hated the Spiderwick toy (he actually asked me to throw it away!), so we'll have to hit McD's again after they change to the YOAMD toys!! Thanks for the date. Where did you find that info?

It shows that the Spiderwick toys go until March 14, so they won't be starting the Year of a Million Dream toys until March 14 or March 15

I hope that they also make some glassware with the Year of Million Dreams on them, like they have done in the past!

I love the glasses also!!

As I am not a mcdonads goer, do they do two promotions at once... glassware and kids meal toy?

I must admit we too will be visiting our local Mickey D's

I too hope they do the glasses. I have the ones from several years back.

I can't believe my son didn't see the promotion. He ALWAYS looks at the bottom of the happy meal boxes.

we'll be going to buy just the toys but as a side ... I thought I read somewhere that as part of it's getting kids to eat healthier thing they were cutting ties with McDonald's. Did I imagine I read that?

No you didn't imagine it... it was even reported on some of the major newswires and then... it was sort of, would recanted?? be the word .. and then it faded away :confused:

ok i may get flamed for this but im going to tell it from the other side. Mcdonalds and Disneys contract ran out Mcdonalds felt they were missing out on alot of other movies that kids were in to ex. Garfield,spiderman and on and on.

i for one wish Disney and Mcdonalds would sign a new one but neather side wants to at this point...

heres one though for yall notice there are no other fastfoods in Disney ... that could change :sad1: i for one love Mcdonalds almost as much as i love Disney.

I saw this too! I was so excited poor dh just rolled his eyes. We never eat fast food so dd and dh will be happy to hear that we will get to go!

I'm for the glasses to! Hopefully they will have them this year. I have some from a while ago and love them!

ok i may get flamed for this but im going to tell it from the other side. Mcdonalds and Disneys contract ran out Mcdonalds felt they were missing out on alot of other movies that kids were in to ex. Garfield,spiderman and on and on.

i for one wish Disney and Mcdonalds would sign a new one but neather side wants to at this point...

heres one though for yall notice there are no other fastfoods in Disney ... that could change :sad1: i for one love Mcdonalds almost as much as i love Disney.

The only time we really eat McDonalds is when there are Disney toys in the meals. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter