YOMD eligibility

WDWPinCollector

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know why the sweepstakes is open only to residents of the US, Canada, Mexico, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the UK?

If you're a family from Australia or other ineligible country and a CM comes up to you and awards you a prize, and then finds out you're not from one of the countries/regions listed above, is the prize retracted? ("Oops, sorry, you can't stay in Cinderella's Castle after all.") Or, do the CMs ask you first where you're from before awarding a prize? ("Oh, you're from Holland? OK, never mind.")

It seems rather unfair that WDW will sell park tickets to a German family, for example, but effectively exclude that family from the YOMD sweepstakes.

Any thoughts?

I would also like to know what happens... unfortunately i was very excited about the possibility to win a castle stay.. but soon i found out that I'm not elegible because i live in Portugal... sad isnt it :sad2:

Sorry to hear that, heaven2006. WDW should have a big sign at the TTC:

"Warning. Residents of countries or locales outside of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Dictrict of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom are not eligible to win any prizes in the Year of a Million Dreams Sweepstakes."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter