YOMD - why do they pick who they pick?

cornjob

Mouseketeer
does anyone know if they only give the castle stay to families? what about a single traveler - and no, this has nothing to with me leaving the day after tomorrow - who happens to be in the right spot? oh...hey......has anyone else heard that they don't give away the night in the dream suite during those designated "gay days"? how may other "outside the park" winners do they give the stay to?

If you read the rules, eligibility, etc. (links in this http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1329422) you will see that ALL winners are chosen ENTIRELY at random.

The sweepstakes is operated and administered by an entirely independent company that specializes in this type of work.

A computer determines exactly where, when, and how many at any given time, prizes will be awarded. It is COMPLETELY a matter of being the right person in the right place at the right time - being in a predetermined seat of a certain attraction at or closest to a given time; walking past a certain point as one of X number of Guests decided by the computer, etc.

So, yes, an individual can win.

Please define "outside the park" winners to get an accurate answer.

interesting. for some reason, i though only families (or at least groups) were picked. by "outside the park", i mean people being chosen for a stay in the castle who aren't physically in the park on that day. like ellen giving away the prize. that means for that day, someone who is actually at WDW wouldn't get the chance.

Nope - you have to be AT Walt Disney World to win the Castle stay for that night, somewhere onsite. Any of the four major parks, or Downtown Disney. Mail-in entries who 'win' the Castle stay will get an alternate prize (and never know that they'd actually won something else, I think). It's just logistics.

Now, the night in the Castle is awarded by the Dream Squad almost every night. This covers Disney in the case of special events, like the Ellen giveaway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter