Yoohoo! DISCON virgin over here! Need help!

treesinger

<font color=blue>Runs in fear from the <font color
I just found out that I'm going to be there during DISCON!! How's that for planning? Anyway, I have a few q's and couldn't find an FAQ on it, so.....

Is a room at Swan and Dolphin a pre-requisite to going to DISCON? I haven't seen anyone who said differently as of yet.

Is the deposit for the whole shebang, or just for the room. You see, I'll be at Vistana Villages so this kinda confuses me. And no, leaving V V is not an option!! I've got it for $270 for the week through RCI.

What exactly goes on at the convention proper? I've seen an itinerary for the meets and events, but I don't understand what the main convention is all about.

Are there group discounts for conventioneers? If so, what are they?

Oh boy!! I'm sure there a few good questions I can't wrack out of my brain this moment so PLEASE feel free to deluge me with all the minutae that I might find important.

Hi, Treesinger!

1. You can stay anywhere you want and still be part of DIS-CON.

2. The $150 deposit is for the convention events. The total price hasn't been announced yet, but was around $219 per adult the last time I heard anything.

3. If you've ever been to a DIS meet, THAT is what goes on at the "official" events! Lots of talking, laughing, meeting new people, and sharing memories with old friends. Also EATING!

4. Group discounts....that I don't know.

The price, unfortunately, does put a damper on things for us. What does the money go to? Is it like a "donation"? I'm not sure I quite understand what I'm paying for... :confused:

Sorry if I seem a little thick-heade, but today is the first time I've actually read anything about DISCON so I'm ripe for learning!!

Jason

That price (so far) includes :

A welcome reception on the evening of Wed 4th Dec

A breakfast on Thurs 5th December

An amazing view and desserts at a prime location at EPCOT for the Illuminations.

A group Dinner on Sat 7th Dec

A breakfast on Sun 8th Dec

BUT there will be other "official" events announced

Oh well, I won't be able to do DIS CON after all. My budget is way too tight.

Now what about mini-meets? Is that also part of DIS CON or just "side occasions" that anyone that wants to can attend. I'd like to do the Buzz Shoot off and the Millionaire meets.

Hi Treesinger,

The mini meets are not part of the official DISCON events and can be attended by anyone who wants to go. Hope to see you there.

Keep watch out here on this board and after the official itinerary is announced you will see a lot of mini meets being planned and coming together. There are also meets for some days before and after DISCON.

:wave: Hi Jason. :wave: Hope to meet you at some of the mini meets. :) Hey, plan on attending the Fantasyland mini meet~*~it will be The Best mini meet. ;) :) :p I'm hosting that one. :o ;)

I'm planning on coming down from the 6th to the 13th. I may come a few days early or leave a few days later depending on circumstances at the time. So hopefully the Fantasyland mini-meet will be on then!!

Hi Jason

There will still be people around up to, including and past the 13th even though DisCon ends the 8th so I'm sure there'll be other mini-meets around that time as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter