You favorite Downtown Disney Resort?

cathyz

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'd like some opinions on the Downtown Disney area resorts. Where have you stayed and which did you like better? Why?

We're considering a stay there in June. And, we've only stayed on-site before.

Thanks!

Do you mean the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd? The non-Disney ones? You may get a better response on the Orlando Hotel/Attractions board. :)

I'll give you my $.02 though.

I stayed at the Courtyard (which is now a Holiday Inn), and had good experiences. The first time I was way back in the wings. It was quite a hike back to the room after a long day in the parks. The second time, I stayed in the tower, and had a GREAT room that overlooked the pool.We caught some Epcot fireworks off in the distance. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. The rooms are huge, and were clean. (At least for me....)

I also stayed at the Royal Plaza. My experience there wasn't as good as the Courtyard experience. We stayed in the garden wings, and not the tower, and I've heard that can make or break your experience. The room was worn and well in need of repair. It was, however, very clean, and we got cool toilettries!

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at any other of the properties. I'd actually like to try the Hilton or the Doubletree.

If you can find a good rate, I would definitely stay in any one of these hotels.

We've stayed at:

Hilton, nice, but felt more like I was on a business trip there, not a vacation. Stay again? Maybe.

Courtyard, stayed in the wing and the tower. The tower was nice but I was really disappointed in the wing. Stay again? Probably not.

Wyndham, we had a fantastic stay there and being right across the road from DTD made it even better. Stay again? Definitely.

Best Western Lake Beuna Vista, we were happy there also. Nice room, good breakfast, quiet hotel. Stay again? Yes.

We never tried the Royal Plaza or Doubletree yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter