You guys are not going to beleive this!

Maleficent2

DIS Veteran
I GOT the WORM!!!!! not on this computer but on my laptop just purchased today for the PTA and all I did was go online for less than 60 seconds to register the laptop!!!!!

Did anyone that got this have any trouble with their puter after installing the patch????

If you do not have the patch GET IT!!!!

If you do not have internet security GET IT NOW!

I am livid I hope they lock this little punk on for years and throw away the key!

Mal

Mal, that bites! So sorry to hear you've got cooties in your new computer!:mad: I agree, these people that make these viruses should be punished severely.

Mal, that really stinks!!:mad: I would be mad as well! I haven't got it again since installing the patch and I hope I don't! How horrible!! I hope you get it taken care of for good this time!:(

the weird thing is I deworm and I get the message it has not been found on my computer...but yet I know I had it because I got the two classic boxes this one and the other one.

system_shutdown.gif

what is up with that...now I don't know if I have gotten rid of it or not.

Mal

I can not beleive I got it I was online for less than 60 SECONDS! And it found me! I am going to reformatt the computer-install internet security and keep my fingers crossed!

Mal

Mal,
As one who had the worm -- I feel for you! It is so very aggravating!! I installed the patch -- no easy task for someone who is a self proclaimed computer idiot. But , knock on wood (knock knock), I haven't had anymore problems since then. I've been running Norton's twice a day since then and it keeps coming up that I'm okay. I'm probably being overly cautious with running it twice a day but I figure better safe than sorry.

And I agree, that kid should get punished for this. The sad part of it is that he must be an intelligent person but puts all that to negative use.

Best of luck getting the gremlin out!

Michelle

That really stinks, Mal!

I know I've had the worm sent to me at least 10 times as an email attachment but I've thankfully always scanned them and caught it before I opened it. Hope things get back to normal for you soon! :(

Oh dear Mal! I know how you feel. The worm attacked our entire school system - all computers except those with Windows98 or lower. I travel to different schools throughout the day & rely heavily on my school system e-mail. The "computer guys" have to go around to each computer in every school to install the patch (they won't let us "non-computer guys/girls" do that). Many of our schools are still without computers:mad: What a pain for everyone. Hope your PTA computer gets "cured" soon.

I think I got it fixed then another problem pops up....

I am about at the end of my rope and it is not even my puter!

arrgggg.......

Mal

shhhh............. don't tell anyone but I think I will have one now......

I hear Jimmy Buffet calling me....

Mal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter