You Know What Else is in Orlando?... My First Ever PTR!

ThereAndBackAgain

Mouseketeer
Howdy-doo everyone. ThereAndBackAgain here and ready to regale you with awesome stories of my upcoming adventure. I have no idea what I'm doing so bear with me. I mean how do you even start a PTR? I suppose introductions would be in order.

This Trips Cast:​

ThereAndBackAgain:
That's me! Hi there. I will add pictures at some point later on when I get around to it. You can call me Vanna. I'm a Disney fanatic and my current obsession is old Donald Duck cartoons. I have been to Disney once before to visit MK and once on a Disney Cruise. This is the first trip I will be planning all by myself (I am ridiculously proud of that).

Favorite Character: Donald Duck and Sven.

Favorite Movie: There are so many to choose from and it changes on a day to day basis. Usually I stick with the old goodies like Robin Hood and Cinderella.

Favorite Park: I've only visited MK, so that is my standard answer until I see more of the World.

Favorite Ride: Haunted mansion and Space Mountain.

Diana (Dee):
My nutty BFF who is a little on the eccentic side. She tells me like it is and won't bother with the niceties.

Favorite Character: Olaf and Winnie the Pooh.

Favorite Movie: Currently Frozen.

Favorite Park: This is Dee's first trip, so we won't know until we get back but she's guessing it might be Epcot. She's excited aout traveling the around the globe... all in a day.

Favorite Ride: She hasn't made any guesses on this one. So we shall see.

So that's who we are! I figured that this will keep all my plans in one place, otherwise I'm going to go batty!

The Other Details: (These might be important).​

How it Happened: There is actually a story behind this trip. One thing you have to know about Dee is that she is a make-up fanatic. She'd been playing with the idea of a trip for months before she approached me about visiting Orlando for a make-up convention down there. Of course whenever I hear the words 'Florida' and 'Orlando' my mouse ears perk up. So I convinced her to turn this trip into a Disney trip and visiting the convention on the last day before we leave for home. Yeah, I'm that awesome. :cool2:

When: November 14th-16th, 2014

Where: The Port Orleans French Quarter. I've never stayed here before but I'm excited to experience something new. Dee picked this out herself so she's more excited than me about it.

Transportation: We will be taking the Hogwarts Express (aka: Amtrack) overnight to and from Orlando. I'm super excited about this since I've never taken the train anywhere. And we'll take a taxi to get to and from the station. (This part I'm not so excited about, but hey, if it gets me to Disney it's all good in the neighborhood).

Overall I'm excited and ready for November to be here. How much longer will I suffer???

Okay guys, so the planning has been left up to me overall as Dee has never been to WDW. She says we can do whatever. So... I have been left to my diabolical planning all by myself. ;) We technically have to leave a day early since we're taking the train over night. So that gives us an extra day to do what we want until we leave in the evening for Orlando.

Tenative Plans:
Nov. 13th​
Still not sure what we'll be doing that day. Probably relaxing or running around trying to make sure everything is packed. Well, Dee will as I already have the packing list posted on my corkboard. I'm ready to start packing!

Nov. 14th
We'll arrive in Orlando early in the AM, so plenty of time to check in and roam around. Hopefully I can leave my luggage with the resort this early? I hope so! Currently I'm planning on dragging Dee to Epcot or DTD before heading to MK for MVMCP in the evening. Actually Dee would probably drag me to Epcot more than anything. She is excited to see France (not that I'm not or anything). And I'm excited to go to MVMCP! I've never been and it's never too early to start Christmas cheer! :santa:

Nov. 15th
This will be our full day, so we're going to chill at MK and we're going to break it up with a resevation for tea at the GF. It's part of my master plan to escape heavy crowds.

Nov. 16th
Sadly this is the day we leave for home, however it will not be until late afternoon or evening. So I plan to spend this day relaxing and possibly shopping a little more. :rolleyes1 It will be good to grab so Disney gear for my friends and family. Christmas will be right around the corner. I'm sure my mother will have the Christmas tree up by the time I get home! Oh and the make-up show... that too. lol

Nov. 17th
We arrive home. Blech.

Trip Goals:
Now usually for every trip I've had we've had some kind of goal we had to accomplish. On the last trip (with DCL) my goal was to taste all the desserts. I felt quite fat at the end of the trip so.... let's not repeat that. All though I have a horrible sweet tooth so I'll probably end up in the same situation anyway. (I'm eyeing you Dole Whip!)

This trip I want to get as many pressed pennies as possible while Dee is looking to drink her way around the Epcot and score a fastpass+ reservation at BOG. She wants to eat in Beast's castle so badly. We'll see how that goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter