You know you're a Disneyland freak if...

T i DuBL GuH eRR

--Tigger--
...you watch the old "A Day at Disneyland" VHS at least once a month.

...you tape a paper on your living room wall that has the countdown number
of days until your next Disneyland trip.

...you've read all the pages of the "Disneyland Secrets" thread.

...you have a particular ride that you always ride first on your first day at DL
(a tradition thing).

...you have friends that know you're a DL freak and tease you for it.

...you point out Hidden Mickeys out loud on rides.

...you're a member of more than 1 Disneyland forum.

Keep them coming!

The first thing people see when they walk into your house is a curio cabinet with 40th Anniv plates and 50th suvvies.

Next to your computer is the latest getawaytoday brochure,and park guides.(thanks califgirl) and you're not even going til 2008. :surfweb:

You go online 'before' and 'after' work to see the latest(if any) replys to your posts. :badpc:

Your wife yells at you to get off that "damn" computer,and you reply "just 3 more websites". :badpc: :badpc:

You have the Disneyland CD in your car & when the old Space Mountain soundtrack comes on you throw your hands in the air and can move to the left or right as if you were riding the coaster cuz you know the moves by heart.

(note ... while safely driving the car, of course)

You have booked your trip 6 months in advanced and you read this and other (sorry can't help it) other Disney sites more then once a day!

You have bought up 20 Disney (authentic) pins from Ebay so you are your kids will be ready to trade.

You got to sleep at night and can hear your sister in law screaming for joy when she gets off of Splash Mountain for the first time. (sister in law and brother have never been)

Your entire trip seems to revolve around the food at Disneyland and you can't wait (Blue Bayou, Rainforest Cafe, Mickey Mouse Shaped Rice Krispie Squares, Fantasmic Buffet, Goofy's kitchen).

Your brother calls you long distance every 3rd day making sure we are all still going in 6 months time(again, their first trip, our family's 2nd in 1 year)

You are already trying (6 months in advance) to plan your route from Main Street after the parade to the 2nd showing of Fantasmic

You have already figured out where you want to sit to watch the parade on Main Street (if it is starting from up by Small World, definitely sitting under the big Christmas Tree-Nov trip)

... You are at Disneyland are thinking of when you are going to return and decide by the time you leave when you are.
... You walk in to my house and the first thing you see is my Disneyland wall with both maps and pics from Disneyland.
... You tell people you are going to Disneyland and istead of saying Great they say AGAIN????
... You get so inspired by seeing how cute Tinkerbell looks bouncing around during the fireworks that you decide to get her tattooed on your shoulders.
... You listen to your Disneyland cd all day while you are working.
... You get on the DISboard every opportunity that you can to see if there are new posts or answers to your post.
... You hafta to go on Peter Pan first otherwise you throw a fit.
... You gotta sit in the last rows and gotta sit on the left side of the seat for Big Thunder.
... You cry during Fantasmic and the Fireworks.
... Your coworkers describe your car as the Disneyland car.

....you already have a strategy planned of when to visit each year for the next 3 years!

....you bought a fake Christmas tree after Christmas last year, just so you could have a seperate, exclusively Disney tree upstairs

....your five year old dd actually calls you, "Disney Freak"

.....and yes, here's another person buying up "Official Disney Pins" off eBay for pin trading in August

Dukland said:
....you already have a strategy planned of when to visit each year for the next 3 years!

....you bought a fake Christmas tree after Christmas last year, just so you could have a seperate, exclusively Disney tree upstairs

....your five year old dd actually calls you, "Disney Freak"

.....and yes, here's another person buying up "Official Disney Pins" off eBay for pin trading in August

When your 3yr old grand daughter is ready to go BACK.

You have a BIG change jar next to your bed to save for gas. :sad2:
(and you hope to have money for suvvies)

When you can't wait to buy your next LARGE map of D/L.(wife) "but you already have 3".(me) " but hun there's still room left on the wall for one more". ;)

You have a DISNEY ROOM IN YOUR HOUSE :cool1: ; you go to Disneyland at least TEN times per year (got to get your $$ worth - premium pass) :thumbsup2 ; you shop daily on Disney Shopping :crazy: ; your ebay name is Disneylandgrandma :Pinkbounc ; you listen to DL music daily on your jukebox :yay: ...these are just a few...I know there are more! :banana:

You have your home page as the disboards

You are constantly checking for updates

I've made disney dollars for my kids to earn as a reward for doing things

we go every year

i plan obsessively for our trip even though we've been there a lot

i make an autograph book every year for my kids (i'm a scrapbooker)

the list could go on :crazy:

...not only do your friends know about your Disneyland obsession, but their friends and family do too, as well as your kids' friends and all of your DH's friends and business associates.

...you are missing out on your neighbor's 40th birthday party because you already have plans to meet up with other Disneyland enthusiasts for the Pirates 2 Premiere at Disneyland. pirate:

...you take your infant and toddler to Disneyland to start their love for the park early.

...you get calls during work because your friend's cousin Ethel from Iowa is visiting for the first time and she needs information.

...you clean out your storage unit in May and find MouseEars from the 1970s, guidebooks from the 1970s to present, old Disneyland ticket books with tickets attached and even a travel brochure from the hotels. And as you open the guidebooks, you notice that each attraction you visited that day is marked.

...you are a second generation Disneyland lover. Your Dad attended the public opening on July 18, 1955 so you must be there 50 years later.

... you've been to Disneylan a gazillion + one time, but decide to go at 6:30 am with your closest Internet friends -- just because ...

... you skip work and school to be there for the 50th kickoff to be a part of the "Magic" even though you know you have to get there there hours before it opens and stand in line with other Disneyland lovers ...

... you skip work and school to be there for the 50th anniversary to be a part of the "Magic" even though you know you have to get there there hours before it opens and stand in line with other Disneyland lovers ...

... you stand among thousands of other people and sing Happy Birthday to Disneyland, and get teary eyed ...

I work for the fire department and I brought in a Mickey mouse clock. They called me a disney freak. lol I also plan at least a year in advance for our nex trip to disney. It is to the point I have a lady that works at Disneyland hotel I can call and she will make all of the reservation now. Than she will call me and tell what dates I am going. We have Best limo pick us up and he asked this year should I pick you up next year. I call a week out to see what the weather is so I can pack. But I really started packing a Month out. I am so glad the people at the hotel understand how exciting this is for us disney freaks. :firefight

...you put on the disneyland soundtrack on repeat while you take a nap so you can dream about disneyland

...you have a whole wall dedicated to disney pics and memorabilia

.. you go on the disneyland website everyday

...you go on all of the fan websites to check for updates

...you start packing a month or more in advanced

...you cant have a conversation with someone without something leading to something you know about disneyland

...you post on a thread that says "you know you're a disneyland freak if..."

...you know the best places to scout out for fireworks

...you are an expert crowd dodger

...you walk through the stores on main street to avoid the crowds and get by faster

...you have all of your family programmed to disneyland songs you uploaded on your phone...

there was a podcast on this very subject on windowtothemagic.com
http://www.windowtothemagic.com/ check it out.

When you have trouble going to sleep at night, you picture yourself riding the Alice in Wonderland ride, or even shopping at the Mad Hatter.

When you are asked for I.D., you pull out your AP, then your DS' AP, then your DD's AP etc.

You go single rider on Soarin', and you overhear your child say, "My mom likes to ride this alone so she can pretend the pilot (Patrick Warburton) is her boyfriend."

Your idea of getting dressed up is wearing your matching 50th anniversary t-shirts.

You go to WDW but feel strangely out of place when the ladies room isn't where it should be.

...when you get stressed, you go to your "happy place" - Disneyland, of course!!!

...a day is not complete without a little bit of Disney trivia

...fireworks make you shiver and teary (especially the 50th ones!).

...you create a ringtone for your cell phone from an MP3 of the Main Street Electrical Parade theme song. :teeth:

...though you now live on the East Coast and love going to WDW, Disneyland will ALWAYS be home. ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter