You say Poly , I say Nesian... Poly! Nesian! Doing It Our Way PTR (4/24/2011)

donnajean17

Dreaming about my next trip....
Ok so as you can see by the title of this thread, my vacation to WDW is not until April 2011... 475 days to be exact but who's counting!
I figured the only way to get me through the next 16 months would be to lean on my friends here on the DIS, who can relate only too well to the excitement that is already building.
My DH and I made the decision (commitment really) this past weekend that we would do Disney in 2011, OUR way. Allow me to explain.
DH and I are huge Disney fans, we've been more than a half dozen times in the 15 years we have been a couple, we honeymooned there, we've obsessed and planned (OK I mostly did the planning) but we've obsessed and dreamt about going back, usually this starts on the ride to the MCO after leaving the world!
Our most recent trip was this past April (2009) where we went with our DD who turned 5 on that trip and our DS who is now 8. We also went with my MIL & FIL. Which was fine, but we did have make some sacrifices from how we really wanted to tackle a 7 night 8 day trip, but the kids loved having them there and overall it was a positive experience. (we stayed at POP)
We really wanted to go again in 2010, actually I am going in March 2010, but without the family, just the girls, running in the Princess Half Marathon, and that is only happening because a very generous friend is using her DVC points to rent us a villa (BLT- WOOT!). So a 2010 family vacation is not in the cards, because we've made a commitment to use this year to pay off some debt and be really money conscious so we can go all out in 2011 and stay at the Poly! And it will just be the 4 of us, which we have done only once before in the 4 times we've been since having kids.
I know some of you out there can relate to what it's like to travel with others (especially family) you have to cater what you do, to what the group wants to do, yes you can go off and do things on your own, but since your traveling together you are committed to spending the majority of the time together. Which is why this trip is becoming so important to us because we will be doing it the way WE want to, on our time and our schedule. And since we're doing it OUR way, we figure why not stay at the one resort we've dream of! The Polynesian!
To make the trip happen financially is going to take some sacrifice over the next 16 months, but DH and I have come up with a mantra to remind ourselves of our plan. Every time we don't fee like cooking and ordering out instead, or want to spend money on something that could be categorized as "frivolous" we look at each and chant.. 'You say Poly, I say nesian, Poly! Nesian!' and that should focus us on the goal at hand! We said it twice already in the last 24 hours! HA! :rolleyes1
So that's our stoy in nut shell. It's going to be a long 475 days, but we know that the end result will be so worth it! I look forward to sharing all of this with you!

DH and I at WDW in April of 09'

2iljzuw.jpg

DD and DS on the balcony at POP before a night on the town

zt9n5t.jpg

DD and DS enjoying the water slides

4hpb44.jpg

zj9c1v.jpg

Ok, DISer's I know your out there... lurking... just waiting for me to post something that can be debated! Here is your chance!
I am calling on all Poly experts and even non-experts to wiegh in on where we should stay.
DH and I spend some time over the last few days going over the boards, tikiman pages and whatever else we could find to help us decide on a building/level room we would like to stay at the poly. I orginally had my heart set on a TPV, now I'm starting to have doubts. Is it really worth the extra $$$? Will we take advantage of the view as much as it's worth? Or can we get just a good a view of the castle and or wishes from the beaches around the resort? I'd love to hear any thoughts as we contemplate our decision. Also I should add, that my DS loves, loves, LOVES the monorail, so having a room with a view of the tracks would be so awesome for him, so we are considering that too... any thougths on areas where you get the best view of the monorail??

Come on you know you have an opinion! Share it!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter