You Tube

sasywtch

DIS Veteran
I have a friend recovering from surgery for a month who asked me for ideas on some you tubers she could watch.
Wondering what your favorites are and why (other than Disney as that's not her thing). She likes travel, humor, camping, food

I started watching a gambling slot channel as a friend started one and is doing very well. I've met a few more through her so watch them now

Kara and nate traveling. They are showing Antarctica right now

Endless adventures traveling (they tend to concentrate on food)

Joel and Lia my mom was from England so enjoy their them VS U.S.

Somers in Alaska. Was looking up north pole one day and looked good

Action kid. He walks Manhattan. His videos can be too long

Indigo traveller. He goes places others don't. Iran, Venezuela

My self reliance. I have no idea how I stumbled across this he built a cabin in the woods of Canada.

Any good ones any of you have other than disney?

Hrm, I'm going to miss some, I know it...

Vlogbrothers: aka The Green Brothers. Two rather smart brothers with healthy opinions about various topics. One of the YouTube pioneers (around since 2007). Also authors, educators (they also run SciShow and CrashCourse), one of them is a musician, they have their own merch company, etc.

Crash Course: (see above). Educational channel that does series on things like European History, Astronomy, Economics, Literature, Chemistry, etc.

Binging with Babish, You Suck at Cooking, Alton Brown: Cooking. Babish recreates food from tv shows, YSAC is just kinda wacky, and Alton Brown is, well, Alton Brown.

Blame Society Films: Used to do sketch comedy, now they basically have two shows -- Beer and Board Games (where they drink beer...and play board games), and Welcome to the Basement (where they watch then review a movie).

Steve the Bartender, How to Drink, The Educated Barfly: Bartender channels.

Now You See It, Folding Ideas, Lessons from the Screenplay: In depth movie production analysis.

CinemaSins, Music VIdeo Sins, TV Sins: The "Everything wrong with ...." guys. Not so in depth movie review/comedy.

I should note you asked what I liked. Don't know how much of that would apply to your friend.

Last edited:
Try the Delish Channel-lots of fun videos about all sorts of theme park food and restaurants.

MsMojo and Screen Rant - all sorts of movie and TV lists, comparisons, etc.

"Kids Try" Videos from HiHo Kids - funny reactions to foods from around the world, etc.

SciShow - a multitude of different science topics, made accessible

I love Indigo Traveler.

Your friend may like Our Tribe of Many. They are a large family and they are just so kind. Dad is a minister. I think they have 9 kids. They are an interracial and very wholesome family. They went to Africa over the summer and it was really fun to watch. The dad is from Kenya and it was interesting to see his family. They were really engaging.

Their extended families make frequent appearances and each one is funnier and more eclectic than the next. She does grocery hauls and cooking/food prep videos. I just love them. I believe they are at Disney World now.

I love Screen Rant's Pitch Meetings. They always crack me up. The Super Carlin Brothers dive deep into strange Disney and Harry Potter conspiracies.

If I couldvonly recommend one it would be katie Morton I just like her as a person

Trixie and Katya's show "I like to watch" is hilarious.

They are drag queens, so it may not be her cup of tea.

Thank you all. Sorry I hadnt been back sooner. Lots on my plate . I will show her these. Again, thank you

Bald and Bankrupt. He's a funny British guy who travels a lot in Eastern Europe and also more obscure places. He gets to know the locals and a lot about the areas.

Life goes North Alaskan Homestead. A nice lady and family

K'eyush the Stunt Dog. No stunts but a super funny and intelligent dog and his very likable owner.

If she likes spooky stuff, I have many favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter