You want like a name? Oh, God, the pressure of a name....UPDATE 1/7

I've started making some dining ressies, hooray! popcorn:: I don't have a whole lot yet, but here's what we've got so far!

Thur 1/10
Only my mom and I will be there yet; just arriving this night and will eat at Earl of Sandwich (which isn't a ressie but I'm sharing our plans anyway!)

Fri 1/11
Breakfast for DMom and me at The Wave
Dinner in Epcot at the Pasta in the Park Party

Sat 1/12
Lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe
The rest of our family will arrive this night...not sure where we'll eat yet

Mon 1/14
Dinner at Raglan Road for DH's birthday! :bday: This is his favorite place :goodvibes

Wed 1/16
Dinner for 10 at Be Our Guest!! :hyper: So excited to eat there! We'll be there with my family, my best friend, and her family. YAY!

Fri 1/18
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare; love the stepsisters! Super excited for this one too :yay:

So that's what we've got so far :goodvibes

Now to get off-topic a little: My friend and I had an awesome time at Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland last Friday! We even got picked to ride in the parade! pixiedust: It was GREAT!! I'll post some pictures and more about the party over the weekend, just for fun :goodvibes See you then :wave2:

Hello to anyone who might still be reading my pathetic pre-trippie :sad2: I apologize for never updating! Really, though, I haven't got much to share aside from some dining plans. I was going to make cute running outfits for my mom and myself, but my mom broke her leg almost 3 months ago now and won't be able to run as she is still on crutches :sad1: so that has kind of taken the wind out of my sails in that regard. I'll probably still try to pull something last-minute together for myself; we'll see. I was also going to make some window decorations for our hotel rooms, but as I'm leaving in less than a week and haven't started yet, I'm not sure I'll be getting those done either :rolleyes1 I don't imagine they'll take very long to do, but I DO imagine that all the men in our group will grumble about them and think they're stupid, so I'm not sure I want to invest the time.
Anyway, sorry to be a bit of a Debbie Downer! I do have some exciting news: we've got some great dining plans and I've volunteered to do live updates for this dining review thread http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998319 popcorn::
So excited about eating!! :rotfl:
We have a dinner booked for almost every night of our trip, and a couple other meals. Here are our ressies!
Fri 1/11: breakfast for 2 at The Wave; dinner for 2 at the Pasta in the Park party at Epcot
Sat 1/12: lunch for 2 at Grand Floridian Cafe; dinner for 8 at Boatwright's Dining Hall
Sun 1/13: dinner for 8 at Jiko
Mon 1/14: dinner for 8 at Raglan Road
Tue 1/15: dinner for 10 at Whispering Canyon Cafe
Wed 1/16: dinner for 9 at Be Our Guest
Thu 1/17: breakfast for 11 at Kona Cafe
Fri 1/18: dinner for 9 at 1900 Park Fare
And I'm sure we'll also be sampling lots of yummy counter-service meals, snacks, and drinks, so check in on us in the Live Dining thread once the trip starts! :goodvibes In fact, head over there now and check it out every day if you're not already; it's great to be able to drool over awesome Disney food every day!

I'll be back again before we leave (promise! ;)) with some last-minute updates and info! See you then! :wave2:

I leave in just 3 days!!! :hyper:
I know I've shared some of our plans, but we have things a bit more finalized now, so I'll give y'all an overview of what we'll be up to.

DMom and I arrive Thursday night (woohoo!). We'll get checked in at AoA, then head downtown to eat and wander for a couple hours.

DMom won't have park tickets for the days we're there by ourselves, so on Friday we have a breakfast ressie at The Wave, then we're going to spend some time checking out all the pretty resorts on the monorail line (and maybe elsewhere, depending on time). When we're done sightseeing at the fancy hotels, we'll head to the Health and Fitness Expo to get checked in for the half-marathon and browse around :goodvibes Depending on how much time we spend there, we may or may not head back downtown to do some more wandering, then we'll go to Epcot in the evening for Pasta in the Park!

Saturday morning suuuuper early is the race! We've got a lunch ressie, then I imagine we'll crash for a couple hours! After our nap, we have massages booked at Saratoga Springs :cloud9: Those should be finishing up just in time for us to freshen up back at the hotel and be ready to greet the rest of our party, which arrives Saturday night :goodvibes This will be my dad, brothers, hubby, aunt, and uncle. DH is a huge 49ers fan and *has* to watch the playoff game Saturday night, which should be starting right about as soon as he arrives, so we may ditch everyone else for dinner and find some place to watch the game. I was kinda looking forward to trying out Boatwright's, but I suppose I should be a good wife and not send him off alone :laughing:

We don't have set plans for the parks, like which ones we'll visit on which days. DH and I have APs and my family has hoppers, so we'll probably be bouncing around. Plus, DH wasn't able to take the whole week off work :( so he'll definitely want to be visiting multiple parks a day since he'll only have a couple days. Anyway, Sunday and Monday are both park days :thumbsup2

On Tuesday we're doing an airboat swamp tour in the morning, then driving to Cape Canaveral to go to Kennedy Space Center. Depending on when we get back, at least DH and I will probably pop into a park for a little while. My DBFF and her parents and boyfriend are arriving Tuesday night, and we all have dinner together at Whispering Canyon :goodvibes

DH leaves early Wednesday morning :sad1:, then the rest of us are heading to Universal for Harry Potter Land!!! :wizard: We'll be in Magic Kingdom Wednesday night as we have a ressie at Be Our Guest.

My aunt and uncle leave on Thursday. For the rest of us, Thursday and Friday are park days. Yay! Then we have to go home on Saturday :sad2:

Since the parks have fairly limited hours, I'm going to try to keep a semi-live trip report. I'm sure I'll end up behind by a day or two, because I'm sure there will be some nights when I go to EMH, or just don't feel like getting the computer out, but I'll try to keep it up :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter