You won't believe this, but...

Lizziejane

<font color=darkorchid>Funny how everyone is diffe
the day before our trip, my husband surprised me with the Canon 70-300mm IS lens!!! Cool, huh? Then, on our tour of WS, he goes to put it on and before we knew it, it was bouncing on the ground and rolling down a pathway. Have you ever felt your heart stop? I mean, literally? We were both sick to our stomachs.

We haven't downloaded the pictures yet, so can't tell if it's affected. Is there anyway to know for sure? Can it be checked? Fixed if there is something loose? I still want to cry about it.

Jane

since it's under warranty canon will look at it but when i just sent my 28-135 lens in ( it's not working right) the first thing they emailed after they got it was a list of things that invalidated the warranty and dropping was one( like you'd figure). if you send it in, they'll check it then send you a repair bill you authorize before they fix it. i have heard of some who don't have a problem right away( one article the guy dropped his 70-200 f2.8 IS a week after he got it:eek:, it seemed ok but later had problems with something ) but develop them later so i'd just watch for anything weird... they do say they turn it around in about a week and it only cost me $10 to send it in dhl ( in new jersey...you can go to www.canonusa.com i under support then put in your info in the drop down places and the page that opens has on the right side track or repair about 4 down and start a repair claim)
you should be able to check the photos on the lcd to see if it's working ok or not ie actually taking them. i think you'd have to really bang it up ie crack the glass or something to notice it in the photos but you could have done something internal you might find out later :confused3
i'm so sorry it happened...i can just imagine how you both felt when it fell..that sickening pit of the stomach feeling

You can always send it to Canon to be checked out. However, since you dropped it, the warranty won't cover it.

What an awesome surprise - and what a heartbreak. I don't have any advice for you - but really hope by the grace of God everything is ok with your lens.

Let us know.

i have to say canon impressed me with the speed they fixed mine..they got it the 29th and fixed and shipped it by the 31...guessing they don't work weekends...so 2 day turn around is good imo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter