Young teens photographed at Disney??

Zoesmama03

DIS Veteran
Would anybody with young teens(13-14) share photo memory ideas for inspiration when I take my daughter next she will be 13 and my friends son is going and is 14. I'm trying to actually determine if it will be worth carrying my D80 and lenses around even or go with a small point and shoot. lol I always like to have it though just in case. Last time I was so hot I didn't even want to carry it or take time to get any photos. That was 2009 my dd was just shy of 6 and I have very few pics of her there. Now I fear she is over the fun "kiddie" reactions and fun stuff.

Just trying to get an idea of what will be age appropriate(LEVEL because some people just can't get minds out of gutters) memories that they won't think are babyish to record. Oh and planning a cooler month than June this time. Last time I lived there and my friend came down so it was out of my planning range.

Last edited:
This seems creepy, and I'm sorry if it isn't meant ot be that way. That being said, I took all kinds of fun pics of my kids at that age. My son & daughter posed for all kinds of pics at Sea World, WDW, Universal and in between. I made them, and they know when Mom wants a pic, just do it and get it over with. Anything they enjoyed. My daughter posed with characters, in front of statues, rides, ect. My son's fave is him eating a Mickey ice cream sandwich. Just snap pics of them having fun. No need to be professional, either. An iphone or similar cam works well.

Forget it yes I'm not a pedaphile I just wanted ideas for good memories. Gesh By age appropriate I mean not babyish. I guess it doesn't read well but I meant nothing like what you sick people are thinking. YUCK

Well.... They're not naked, right??

MG

lol yes I can't even believe people think that. I was the photographer even at that age so I have no idea what memories to capture on a preteen/teen kid. But if people are going to think like this then forget it I don't need it. Don't you think if I were a creep I'd just go find them. ;)

My daughter is a big Disney World fan. I took these as a part of her senior photos.

JPlaisance
Galliano, LA

Attachments

• IMG_2322crop.jpg
    IMG_2322crop.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2382crop.jpg
    IMG_2382crop.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 18
I think at that age, candid photos are the best. I wouldn't carry your D80, because by the time you get it out and focused, the moment is gone already. Some of my favorite shots of my teens are them sitting on a curb on Main Street, each with an ice cream cone in their hand. Maybe shots of the watching the fireworks, or the parade. Everyone enjoying The Kitchen Sink. Have a great trip.

I carry my dslr cross-body and it is comfy and ready to shoot at anytime.
Just take candidate shots as you go through the parks.

I'd say candid as well. Let them be young teens and have fun rather than staged/posed pictures...unless it's a photo pass member snapping one for you of the group. One example, let them compete against each other on TSMM or Buzz Lightyear and capture their expressions. Just have fun and capture them enjoying themselves.

Our 2014 trip was with DGD soccer team...ages 11-13. Of course, they "hung out" in groups but DD had the group she was with pose in each of the EPCOT countries. They also did group pictures at the entrance of each park. Some of my favorites though are the "candids"...the bus, monorail and boat rides; the entrance areas of their favorite rides; watching them "gossip" while eating meals; LATE NIGHT...when they looked so exhausted they couldn't hold their eyes open but were bound and determined to do "one more thing", etc. :rotfl: :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter