Your Assignment, Should You Choose To Accept It - Week 1 (Through Apr27)

Why would he want you to marry him on that bench? I'm going to go out on a limb and recommend that you marry him in a church or someplace a little more photogenic. Oh, and tell him to reschedule for a weekend. You won't get as many guests on a Monday.

Also keep in mind, that if you do marry him on the bench and have a lot of people attend that could constitute a large gathering in a public place and for that you'll need a special permit from your local town, otherwise you could all be arrested for loitering and be forced to pay thousands of dollars in fines. That would really put a damper on your day.

Now if you do get a special permit or the bench happens to be on private property then your all set. Of course if you do get the permit, some towns might make you hire a detail cop and that could be very expensive.

So yeah. I'd go with a church or hall or somethink like that, but hey,,, thats just me.

Ok back to our regularly scheduled posting....

New growth....

2436368037_0ddc2cd823.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/juliez_pics/2436368037/

Ok, first off, congrats Bob! :hug:

Second, Mark... :lmao: I think you and I are gonna get along just fine. :thumbsup2

Lastly, you guys...awesome pics!!! :worship: I don't know why any of you would object to making this a contest, as I think all of ya' would have me beat. :teeth: Keep 'em comin'....4 days left to go!

First let me say this is my first time posting in the photography forum here on DIS. I am a VMK refugee looking for a new home after VMK closes on May 21st. I took this picture of some old fashioned peonies that bloomed the first time since I moved almost three years ago. They are from plants given to me by my grandmother and they are a very difficult plant to find in nurseries. I transplanted them from my other house when I moved and after two seasons of no blooms I was thrilled this year when the plants produced 6 blooms.
DSC_0126.jpg

Welcome aboard, Rainy Days! :wave2:

Ok...Here's my entry for the week:

First, a worm's eye view of the garden my rugrat is working on behind our house:

2439879800_9e2f4a8233_o.jpg

Next, this is the Azalea bush on the other side of our house, just starting to bloom (most of the buds haven't opened yet):

2439879236_6df93e7ca7_o.jpg

One request: please critique these if you think I could have done something a different way, or a little better. :teeth: I'm a complete neophyte at this stuff, but it's fun and I really do enjoy learning.

Thanks, and keep the pics coming! :thumbsup2

Got these pics of new blooms on my magnolia tree in the light of a new morning.

I took them on two different mornings. The light was better the first day.

IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3165.jpg

IMG_3146.jpg

The youngest kids in the league, a new generation of baseball players
282494871_JSuTR-M.jpg

Here's an Eastern Towhee.

284965809_iwxUu-O.jpg

This is a American Goldfinch eating some seed from this bush

284015856_vCFET-O.jpg

The youngest kids in the league, a new generation of baseball players
282494871_JSuTR-M.jpg

Just curious, but where does this child play at? We live in NC (home of the Mudcats) and I recognized the shirt. My son is playing some pre-ball now and was given a Mudcats hat. Just interested since you're from California.

Melissa

Just curious, but where does this child play at? We live in NC (home of the Mudcats) and I recognized the shirt. My son is playing some pre-ball now and was given a Mudcats hat. Just interested since you're from California.

Melissa

It is Morgan Hill Pony Baseball in California. About 10 years ago, I was the Division Rep for the Shetland Division. They are the 5-6 year olds. They had always used the old style mid sleave shirts and the teams were color coded ie Kelly Green and Gold with the hats and shirts. So when I was the division rep I talked the equipment guy into purchasing minor league teams for the kids. It has been a big hit ever since.

We have the lugnuts, the Ironbirds, the Bulls etc

I planted 2 of these bulbs about 6 weeks ago and the first flowers showed up this week. They are Peruvian Daffodils.

flowersa4-22-08600x497.jpg

BTW, the flowers in the background are vincas.

New flight. They are also fairly young eagles. They are much smaller than some we have seen around here.

IMGP7717.jpg

IMGP7718.jpg

Kevin

OK, hope I'm not too late. My new begining is a new baby. Due July 31st............................... :)

285751774_PazE6-L.jpg

285752009_Xp997-L.jpg

285752234_ck6pT-L.jpg

OK, hope I'm not too late. My new begining is a new baby. Due July 31st............................... :)

1 - Congratulations!!!!

2 - I think you cheated and didn't take that 3rd one ;)

3 - Seriously...awesome shots, steery!

Here is my new beginning for the week, my new Gerber Daisies (which I still need to plant outside).
2447298602_40c825ef0e.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter