Your best deals on airfare?

Beanie

~*Snoopy Fan Forever*~
Just trying a different kind of thread here...I am curious as to what is the best deal on airfare you ever received? I know a lot of us get great deals to Orlando every now and then, but what is the absolute best price you have paid for roundtrip tickets?? :)

The best price I have found was one time my family was going to Disney and flying out of Manchester...we got our tickets for $89.00 roundtrip and that was with taxes! I wish I could find those prices again! :)

So, what is your best deal on a ticket? :)

Just flew on 1/19 and got $84 round trip from Louisville to Tampa.
For the four of us it was $336.Best rate I have had.
Debbie-Indiana

We fly out of Logan in Boston and for our family of 4 we paid $790 in 2000 and $830 in 2001 both with Delta (non-stop), just to give you an idea of what a great deal we got this year.

After reading about a sale at AA.com here on this Transportation board a couple of weeks ago, I ran over to AA.com and also to Orbitz.com and also checked with Expedia.com and it was true! I paid $410 for 4 tickets with AA round trip taxes included! I couldn't believe my eyes! It was cheapest at Orbitz even with their $10 service fee. It was $440 at AA.com and Expedia.com. The very next day it was gone. These tickets are for our WDW trip in October/November. I've never seen such a great price for non-stop so early! Usually people get great deals as their trip gets closer.

Can you tell I'm still in shock?:D

when delta had their sale last june 2001, I booked for december 2001 for the week of christmas for 91 roundtrip and for coming march 2002 spring break for $91each for 3 tickets and for june 2002 $91 for 3 tickets for a total of $273 each time. I booked them all at the same time because the price only lasted a few hours and then it was back to normal prices. I am so glad i purchased all my tickets at the same time for different months. this is from houston tx to orlando with 1 stop on Delta. :D :D We sure will get full use of our annual pass.lol

Hi - paid $180.50 per person round trip from San Jose, Ca to MCO with a hour layover and change of planes in Dallas for our upcoming trip May 4 2002!!!

Out of Hartford last August, we flew SWA for $93 each roundtrip nonstop! I'm hoping to get something close to that for this July. So far, no luck. I've got my fingers crossed.

$120 Round Trip Buffalo to MCO - got twice - Once on US Airways and once on Southwest. Southwest starts the pricewars so I try to fly them every other trip to give them the business as without them here the prices were almost $200 roundtrip when there was a deal.

The best deal was $98 r/t with tax out of Lansing MI on US airways. The sale was good for all of Janaury though May 2001 and included our spring break tickets. Purchased tickets in July 2000

I just booked DH,DS, and myself on Midway roundtrip with plane change in raliegh/durham for $156 pp. Leaving 4/19-returning 4/28. Oh that was through orbitz.com

Last year, $163 R/T from PHX to MCO on Delta. Less than $1000 for a family of five!!! This year we got $185 R/T from PHX to MCO on United through Orbitz.

I got the same deal as the Beatty family from Norfolk, Mass. I am also still in shock. That's the cheapest I've ever seen. I felt like I had to hold my breath until I got the tickets in the mail. I paid $410 for 4 tickets nonstop on American from Logan/Boston, MA. That fare went up to $225 per person the very next day. It's now down to $189 (which is still pretty good for non-stop).

I'm still in shock.....

$99 RT nonstop from Manchester, NH to Orlando in Sept. 2000. I am praying for a deal even close to this for our "maybe" trip in May this year!! I just missed the $88 RT that was posted at Southwest this past January. Bummer!

My best was $74.95 RT per person (including taxes and fees) from Raleigh, NC to MCO through Priceline. I hoping I can repeat that deal for our June trip!

Oct 2000 - Kansas City to Orlando ~ $131 including taxes & fees ~ RT ~ Delta via Travelocity
Dec 2001 - Kansas City to Tampa ~ $71.50 including taxes & fees ~ RT ~ Continental via Orbitz
May 2002 - Kansas City to Orlando ~ $96 including taxes & fees ~ RT ~ American via Orbitz

Hoping for something under $100 for our Nov 2002 trip!

I just love travelocity's fare watcher! They don't always have the lowest price, but they are close!

My very best was Nov 2001--75.50 RT Louisville to Tampa--4 of us flew for 302.00, taxes included.

I have a ressie for this April for 96.00 RT Louisville-Orlando.

Hoping for a price decrease for May-June trip, but, right now, it's 158.00 and up. I don't expect to see under 100.00 again (regular price is well over 200.00), but, I would like to see the 120s I usually pay.

POOHLOVR, WHICH AIRLINE DID YOU GET THOSE PRICE WITH? WE ARE 3HRS. FROM LOUISVILLE BUT FOR THOSE PRICES I WOULD GO STAY WITH SISTERINLAW HOW LIVES THERE AND FLY OUT OF THERE. CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ANYWHERE CLOSE TO THOSE PRICES ON ANY OF MY SEARCHES FROM LEX. OR LOUISVILLE. :smooth:

My best deal was $72 r/t from Newark, NJ just last month. I also had a 42 voucher from Delta so the total was $30 r/t. I wish I could find that all of the time!

Patches--4...

I look for airfare every single day...some days several times.

We flew on Continental in Nov (the 75.50 fare flying into Tampa--MCO was 138.00 then) and I bought the 96.00 fare (on Northwest for April into MCO) back in the first part of Jan when Delta, American and Northwest all had a great sale.
I was going to book Delta then, but, by the time I talked it over with my husband, it was gone from there.

Delta and SW are 158.00 right now for our May/June trip. Hopefully they will come down soon.

Booked back in October for this July trip on Delta, $114 RT from DFW to MCO. I checked the price a couple days ago, and it was now up to $244 RT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter