Your best Off Site hotel (but close by) with nice, quiet Pool?

kiki02

DIS Veteran
Just need something close, clean with a decent quiet shady pool. All recs much appreciated. Can't stay on WDW property, but nearby necessary. Thanks all.

Google Maps and Nearby Hotels will help. With this criteria, there are about 500 communities, resorts, hotels, motels to choose from. Something to realize is that this is a family destination. There is no guarantee of a quiet pool unless there is an adults only pool.

Google Maps and Nearby Hotels will help. With this criteria, there are about 500 communities, resorts, hotels, motels to choose from. Something to realize is that this is a family destination. There is no guarantee of a quiet pool unless there is an adults only pool.

I realize google exists but that would not help at all. Asking for IRL humans experience. For example, got a message mentioning the marriott 2 miles from disney - has fun pools and quiet pools. That was a real nice helpful message.

Define nearby? Some people think staying 30 minutes is nearby. Others think 1-mile offsite is "too far". Are you going to WDW? Do you have a car? What else do you require? Is there a budget?

With no criteria, my recommendation would be the Four Seasons and rent a cabana every day. $700+ a night and cabana rentals.

nearby is nearby as in less than 15 minutes and of course ten minutes to disney property.

We have a car. Four seasons would be good too, at 700 a night, maybe not this time, but thanks for posting that incredibly high priced option.

Define nearby? Some people think staying 30 minutes is nearby. Others think 1-mile offsite is "too far". Are you going to WDW? Do you have a car? What else do you require? Is there a budget?

With no criteria, my recommendation would be the Four Seasons and rent a cabana every day. $700+ a night and cabana rentals.

Take a look at VRBO/Homeaway for a rental home or condo. You can get a home/villa or condo for same price as a hotel with all (or most) of your required criteria. You can find one with a pool that is just for you to use.

Thanks, Would be great if it were a few miles from Epcot and under $150. Need nothing fancy, just a good relaxing pool in a hotel members here may have liked /stayed at. :)

I realize google exists but that would not help at all. Asking for IRL humans experience. For example, got a message mentioning the marriott 2 miles from disney - has fun pools and quiet pools. That was a real nice helpful message.

nearby is nearby as in less than 15 minutes and of course ten minutes to disney property.

We have a car. Four seasons would be good too, at 700 a night, maybe not this time, but thanks for posting that incredibly high priced option.

Depending on the time of year/# of guests/type of property you could easily stay @ a disney value for under $150 a night. Renting points @ Bonnet Creek is often in that same ballpark for a 2 BR. It's lovely there.

Sheraton Vistana is closer than many realize. Lots of different deals there, including this site's sponsor. Often can forgo housekeeping for a lower rate. Can only recommend the Cascades section via personal experience.

You do have to realize that many of the onsite properties are a longer commute, even with driving one's private car, that what you state above in your parameters. Traffic around Disney springsis a big factor at times too.

Suggest checking out reviews on tripadvisor as to popularity ratings in your star/$ range.

Another option is to go to hotwire and look @ their zone map as to listings/amenities/reviews your datesfor an idea what is out there for you.

When offsite I try to stick with reward program properties (i like hilton). Have enjoyed staying in DS area or near SW (not a terribly long drive on palm parkway) where I've booked the doubletree for under $100 a night.

Watch out for the resort and parking fees so many resorts charge. We enjoyed Caribe Royale but they added a huge resort fee. You could check the Hyatt Grand Cypress. They do often have good sales.

As for pools, so many have nice pools but with activities and lots of kids they won't necessarily be quiet. The two resorts I mentioned at least have large pools.

I recommend Orange Lake Resort. It's on the west side of Disney's property, adjacent to Animal Kingdom. Big resort, lot's of pools, some quiet, some not so quiet. All types of accommodations, high rise condos, single story condos and hotel rooms. We stayed at Sheraton Vistana also and liked it, but we like Orange Lake better.

Depending on the time of year/# of guests/type of property you could easily stay @ a disney value for under $150 a night. Renting points @ Bonnet Creek is often in that same ballpark for a 2 BR. It's lovely there.

Sheraton Vistana is closer than many realize. Lots of different deals there, including this site's sponsor. Often can forgo housekeeping for a lower rate. Can only recommend the Cascades section via personal experience.

You do have to realize that many of the onsite properties are a longer commute, even with driving one's private car, that what you state above in your parameters. Traffic around Disney springsis a big factor at times too.

Suggest checking out reviews on tripadvisor as to popularity ratings in your star/$ range.

Another option is to go to hotwire and look @ their zone map as to listings/amenities/reviews your datesfor an idea what is out there for you.

When offsite I try to stick with reward program properties (i like hilton). Have enjoyed staying in DS area or near SW (not a terribly long drive on palm parkway) where I've booked the doubletree for under $100 a night.

is SW - south west? where exactly is that? thank you. will look into doubletree asap, which road or area? i think there are a few. TYTYTYTY

Watch out for the resort and parking fees so many resorts charge. We enjoyed Caribe Royale but they added a huge resort fee. You could check the Hyatt Grand Cypress. They do often have good sales.

As for pools, so many have nice pools but with activities and lots of kids they won't necessarily be quiet. The two resorts I mentioned at least have large pools.

I know! love the Caribe, so many fees, love the dolphin, rip off of so many fees. :((

There are two Marriott options at Flamingo Crossing - I was going to book either the next time I stayed off site. One is a Springhill Suites and the other Townesplace Suites - they have a common pool and run about $100/night - are located right off the toll road 429 - and Western Way which connects to Disney property. Located more out in the country side of Disney - but I like that.

We love Silver Lake. It is just off Disney property over by Animal Kingdom and Animal Kingdom Lodge. They have a few pools that we always enjoyed. They have condo units, and we have always found the staff super nice and the resort quiet.

I am a fan of the Hilton Bonnet Creek, just beware it now has a $35 mandatory resort fee add-on per night unless you are there on a Hilton Honors reward stay fully paid with points.

When we stay offsite, we stay at either Wyndham Bonnet Creek or Vacation Village at Parkway. VV@P is cheaper than WBC, a little less resort like (no lazy river or restaurant/bar), and the pools are very quiet. We like both places a lot as the condos at both are beautifully decorated, and both are super close to the parks.

We'd love to try Orange Lake sometime now that the older sections have been renovated.

Last edited:
I've stayed at the Best Western in Disney Springs a few times. Nothing fancy but good price, Disney view for Epcot fireworks possible, balcony, 15 minute walk to Disney Springs. I liked the bus system to the parks too. The 3 times I stayed, BW was the first pick up and drop off for the parks. I never used the pool but I'd imagine it'd be quiet as there were not slides or anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter