Your comments on DTD Courtyard

HAH

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are springing for an extended family Christmas trip this year. In the past everyone has picked up their own tab and we have stayed at the Swan. The other family members are not 'hotel snobs' (as I am) and insist that all they need is a clean place to bathe and sleep. Since this is involvling 4 rooms for 7 nights, I am intrigued by the $89 rate at the DTD Courtyard. Any educated opinions out there?

This is really a question for the Orlando hotels board - I will move it there for you!

Hi,
We stayed at the DTD Courtyard in December for the $29 rate and were very happy with it. The rooms were large and clean. At check-in the staff was accomodating and gave our group connecting rooms. Our balcony had a view of DTD. The pools were warm. It took virtually no time to get to the parks. If you are looking for one of the park resorts, it's not. But it was definitely worth it for us.
angie

We have stayed there also. It is a hotel room, nothing fancy. But they do have two pools and the management is great. I would recommend it!!!

We had rooms in need of updating. Badly. I would assume you probably wouldn't get those rooms as you would be paying $70 per room more per night than we did.

We used Marriott points to stay there Jan 2001. We were definitely satisfied with the room size and cleanliness. I would stay there again if I got a good offer. We also ate breakfast there each morning before heading out and I recall a nice buffet and the kids being free.

Have you checked out the Marriott Village about 1/2 mile from the Marriott at DTD?

There is a Courtyard, Fairfield Inn and SpringHill Suites. I have stayed at the Courtyard twice and the SpringHill once. Very nice places and they very new looking. Fairfield and SpringHill has free breakfasts. Very easy to get to WDW also.

We stayed at the DTD Courtyard in December 2001 for 3 nights, and will never do so again. While the hotel was clean and comfortable, we never felt safe or secure there. Our first problem was that we could not check in when we arrived, although it was after the check-in time. The desk staff offered to hold our luggage, and we accepted. However, when we returned about 3 - 4 hours later, they could not find ANY of our luggage. That was bad, but the fact that all of our Christmas presents were in it, and clothes which DH and I needed for job interviews the next morning, made it terrible. The front desk staff looked for it, couldn't find it, and said they would ask the assistant manager when she returned ---- the next morning! We told them that that was NOT acceptable, and to find it that evening. They offered us a bag of tokens for the game room. After several talks with the front desk staff, with no results, my husband ran into the porter who had actually taken our luggage, and asked him if he knew where it was. The porter said he would check, and lo and behold, he found it in a "closet" somewhere. It appeared that the locks had been messed with, but nothing was missing. Needless to say, we were VERY angry. We were offered a basket of fruit.

The next problem, later that night, was when DH was out on our balcony smoking and he saw someone in a hotel uniform check the doors on several cars in the parking lot to see if they were locked. We don't believe this person was doing so in order to alert the owners if they had left the door unlocked, but rather to see what he could find in the cars. The man immediately left the parking lot when DH made some noise and the guy knew that DH was watching him.

The last issue with DTD Courtyard was on checkout when they tried to charge me rack rate, instead of the $25 rate I had been quoted (and for which I had a written confirmation), and they had my credit card number on the bill, but someone else's name and address. They told me that it would get corrected eventually. I told them NO it will be corrected now, and very reluctantly they re-printed my bill.

All in all, if you are looking only for clean beds, Courtyard is ok, but if you want security, stay away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter