Your experience with Timeshare Presentations,how do they work?

devotedchristian

DIS Veteran
Hi all, to save money on our disney vacation, we are going to do a timeshare presentation. 2 adults/2 kids. I found a great price for a 2 bedroom for about $80 bucks a day. My questions are:

1. How strict are they with carrying Major Credit Cards? We have debit cards but we do not have credit cards. Will they take our debit cards in lieu of the CCs?

2. We will be going from Thursday, May 29, checking out on Sunday, June 1. When are we obligated to sit through the presentation?

This is the cheapest way I could find on accomadations. I don't really mind because most of them post a free breakfast. So any advice would greatly be a appreciated.

You should thouroughly read the requirements for receiving the discounted rate. They've never checked me on income, they just asked. I think for a few of them, I had to show them a credit card and a checkbook. If it's one of the nastier companies, they might charge you the rack rate for the rooms. Maybe someone else out there can verify whether that is true. They probably wouldn't give you a problem if you bought something, but if you don't, who knows.

As far as the date of the tour, some now won't let you take the tour the day you arrive or the day you leave, so that would mean you'd have to do it on one of the two days you'll have left.

The last place we stayed at just GAVE us a tour reservation that they didn't want to change. It was for something like 10:30 or 11:30 which would have cut into the day.

Please look at something like hotelkingdom.com or one of the other websites that offers decent rates on condos without having to do the tour. Check more of the posts in this section of the Disboards or the Budget section of the Disboards to find other of these sites if you foresee any problem with the place you're booked at.

Good luck and have fun wherever you stay.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Go to skyauction.com You can find a 2 bdrm for $250 for 7 nights. You don't have to do the presentation. Enjoy!

I agree with Robinrs......get a condo for the same price and forget the tour. It honestly beats me why people waste their valuable vacation time attending these tours if they aren't interested in buying the product they are being asked to look at.

Do everyone a favour..save their time, save yours....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter