your favorite WDW resort for adults-only trips?

which WDW resort(s) is your favorite place to stay for your adults-only trips?

• Port Orleans (Riverside or French Quarter)

• Coronado Springs

• Wilderness Lodge or Villas

• Animal Kingdom Lodge

• Contemporary

• Polynesian

• Yacht Club, Beach Club or Villas

• Boardwalk Inn or Villas

• Grand Floridian

• Old Key West

Results are only viewable after voting.

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
hey everyone, haven't visited this board for a while.
this has probably been covered before, but thought i'd do a new poll...

sorry there's only 10 options, so i had to leave out the All Stars and Caribbean Beach, and lump together a bunch of the rest. oh! and i forgot about Swan/Dolphin and Fort Wilderness Cabins too... those are not on the poll. so please reply if you liked any of these.

anyway, please vote on your favorite resort(s) for your adults-only trips!
if you care to post to elaborate on why (i.e. most romantic, least # of kids seen/heard running around, etc.), that'd be great also!

and just a recap, the following are not listed on the poll:

All Stars
Fort Wilderness Cabins
Caribbean Beach
Swan/Dolphin

so, reply to "vote" for any of these unlisted ones.

thanks everyone, looking forward to the poll results! :bounce:

Most of my solo trips I've stayed at Port Orleans and by that I mean French Quarter. I like the smallness of it. It is nice to have the option of walking to Dixie Landings. I love the boat to Downtown and back. And I just like being along the river.

More recently, I've been other places as I joined DVC a while back. My home resort is OKW because I like that laid back atmosphere so much. I love being in the middle of the action all day but when I go back to the hotel at night, I want to be away from it. I also did an add-on at Wilderness Lodge. I like the area of Disney were Port Orleans and OKW are located as well. Pretty close to the middle of everything since I almost always use the bus.

I think this poll is very interesting, and I'll be checking back for results frequently. I've stayed at POR, AKL, and ASMusic and voted for POR. Dh won't believe that the only reason I prefer POR over POFQ is that he loves POFQ and if I stayed at POFQ solo, I'd be thinking of him and might miss him. DH says "you're at WDW! That's all you'd be thinking about!"
We just joined DVC, so my next solo trip is at BCV. That's why I'll be interested to see the results, especially pertaining to DVC resorts.

My choice isn't on your list. I like the Dolphin because of it's location and because there are fewer children there :)

I voted AKL, but the only others I've stayed at on your list are PORiverside & Coronado. I loved both of those too... there is lots to explore at the moderates, something I love to do when I'm solo.

Thinking about it, there really aren't many places at AKL that you can "hide away" (or maybe I haven't found them!), but I just love the theme and love waking up and watching the animals while drinking my coffee. :)

I put down Yacht Club because that's the only place I have stayed on site - however I may change my mind when I come back from DISCon as I will be staying at the Swan and at AKL.

So I may come back to this again even though I've voted already.

Regarding the Yacht Club we were 2 adults and we only spent a short time at Stormalong Bay and had the quiet pool almost to ourselves - otherwise we didn't come into contact with many kids at all - we stayed there in May.

I really enjoy staying at either the BCV or BWV in a studio when solo. Queen size bed, kitchenette (for breakfast or leftovers from dinner), sofa to lounge on. Just like a little apartment! And all for me! ;)

At night, I like to stroll around and watch all the action around the boardwalk. A little walk in and around Epcot is nice, too. Just a leisurely pace to take in the sights at the end of the day is very relaxing. :)

If yuo are wanting to stay in a budget, I picked POR/POFQ.

DH and I just got back, we had a King room with a river view.

I think the fact that it has direct boat transportation to DD makes this a good moderate for adults only travelers who might want to spend a few nights out. Its why DH and I chose it and we used the boat 3 out of our 6 nights. The ride is beautiful and convenient.

I think the theming of POR/POFQ is perfect for adults who want beauty, buy don't want to be slapped in the face with theme :D. If you want moderate, I think this is the way to go.

My favorite romantic place would have to bed WL if you can get a courtyard view - beautiful. If you think you like this type of thing and want a little more privacy -

then VWL - they are right next to it (they don't have the great courtyard view) and their 1-bedroom is great - a king bed, a queen sleeper sofa, a whirlpool tub, a small but full kitchen - a VCR(or maybe a DVD) in the livingroom. It also has a washer & dryer in the closet.

I also like the studio but that whirlpool tub is kind of hard to give up - studios don't have them.

You can see the Electric water pagen at 9:45 from this resort and the fireworks from the MK (when they have it).

but if you want budget POR/POFQ - both are great resorts - not quite as romantic as WL (in my opinion) but as I say it depends upon what romantic is to YOU.

Dallas_Lady - I love your pictures of POR - and your wedding!!!

IMHO you can't miss with the WL.
It has so many areas, either inside or out, that any couple can settle down and enjoy each other in an ideal setting. Your always close enough to the fun but at times you can feel world away from it all. That is what i love about going to WDW with only my DW. We enjoy the parks and still enjoy being alone with each other!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter