Your Magical Journeys

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacefulmeadows

Earning My Ears
So not use this company to book your trip! We found them on another message board and used them because they were recommended but come to find out that message baord deletes anything bad posted against them because they are a sponsor. Our vacation was a complete mess and the first two days were fill with arguments to try to rectify what they had done. Do yourself a favor and book your own trip or use a local travel agaent that you know and trust!!!! :bounce:

I am sorry to hear your vacation planning was not what you expected. Hopefully this will not deter you from visiting WDW in the future.

Thank you but actually it does. I have no interest in ever visiting Disney again. It has been a our only family vacation spot since I was a child this spans over more than 40 years. The "magic" seems to have gone from the Magic Kingdom of Walt Disney World. For our family anyway.

tink&cinderella said:
I am sorry to hear your vacation planning was not what you expected. Hopefully this will not deter you from visiting WDW in the future.

peacefulmeadows said:
The "magic" seems to have gone from the Magic Kingdom of Walt Disney World. For our family anyway.

Over a dispute with Disney regarding some requests that they couldn't grant?

:confused3

I've used Your Magical Journeys for 4 or 5 WDW trips and they have been amazing!

What exactly went wrong? :confused3

I cannot go into it as this is not the place to get into it. simply put our plans were not handled correctly and when brought to the attention of the owner of the company upon our return she made false statements and was quite rude.

As far as the disney cast goes after speaking with the Guest Relations Manager for the wilderness lodge I found that quite a few people had lied to us. MJ being one of them.

I am glad that you had good luck with them but we did not. Not at all and when you try to talk to the owner it gets even worse. Live and learn I guess.

Ilovestitch said:
I've used Your Magical Journeys for 4 or 5 WDW trips and they have been amazing!

What exactly went wrong? :confused3

Well, if you spoke to the owner with the same attitude you posted the two threads on the DIS (one of which was deleted) the other night, I can understand why she would come across as rude. Sometimes it is better to not go in with your guns raised until you have all the facts.

There are a lot of nice vacation spots besides WDW, hope you find one that meets your expectations.

We've used YMJ on several occasions and have gotten service that was nothing short of phenominal.
They handled my last trip with 18 people in 5 different families, changing reservations severa times, juggling credit card charges, booking Magical Gathering events - all without a complaint or mistake.
I had always booked my trips myself and I'm convinced I couldn't have handled this one myself.

If you expect your concerns to be taken seriously you will need to provide some real information and allow us to reach our own conclusions as to whether or not your expectations were reasonable.
(although I suspect someone else will have posted a similar sentiment before I get to the "submit reply" button)

peacefulmeadows said:
I cannot go into it as this is not the place to get into it. simply put our plans were not handled correctly and when brought to the attention of the owner of the company upon our return she made false statements and was quite rude.

As far as the disney cast goes after speaking with the Guest Relations Manager for the wilderness lodge I found that quite a few people had lied to us. MJ being one of them.

I am glad that you had good luck with them but we did not. Not at all and when you try to talk to the owner it gets even worse. Live and learn I guess.

Actually, this IS the place to go into it.

You have made a serious accusation against a legitimate company, one which could have serious repercussions to that company's business, but you have failed to back it up with any details, other than "uncaring" and "rude" and "lied".

I have used Magical Journeys several times in the past and found them to be an excellent agency; in my bookings I was dealing directly with the owner and found her to be a delightful person who is not only completely truthful, but is never rude, especially to a client.

If you want to make accusations against an established company, you should at least be detailed - what happened, when, how, and why - so that we can judge your credibility ourselves, particularly since you have only made 6 posts on the DIS boards and are a completely new and unknown quantity to us.

Until you can bring more to the table than some negative adjectives, I will find it very hard to swallow your accusations against a company that I know to have an excellent record not only with me but with hundreds of other clients, several dozen of whom I also know personally and who are completely satisfied with the company's performance.

I need to prove nothing to any of you and was asked kindly by the board admin NOT to get into it here. I have every right to state how we feel. Whether you or anyone else cares to believe it or not is your choice. I am simply stating a fact that we had a horrid experience with them. I would LOVE nothing more than to name,names and post emails that I received from YMJ yet as I stated the Admin of this site has asked that this not be done and since this is thier board and we were only trying to share our experience with others I feel enough has been said. As for your "serious accusation" Having YMJ tell me that a Disney GM said something about my family and I that I was later told by that GM was never said is enough for me.

peacefulmeadows said:
I need to prove nothing to any of you and was asked kindly by the board admin NOT to get into it here. I have every right to state how we feel. Whether you or anyone else cares to believe it or not is your choice. I am simply stating a fact that we had a horrid experience with them. I would LOVE nothing more than to name,names and post emails that I received from YMJ yet as I stated the Admin of this site has asked that this not be done and since this is thier board and we were only trying to share our experience with others I feel enough has been said. As for your "serious accusation" Having YMJ tell me that a Disney GM said something about my family and I that I was later told by that GM was never said is enough for me.

Which board admin asked you not to "get into it"?

This discussion was played out on the resorts board and the thread was closed when it got heated. I hope we can end the discussion here before this thread is closed.

As I mentioned on a different board...peacefulmeadows signed up on the same day to at least 2 different message boards and posted the same negative remark. Seems Troll-like to me...I suggest we ignore this thread and not fuel the fire...just my $.02.

I would seriously take this posters accusations with a grain of salt it sounds more like a he said she said scenario than many facts to me anyhow.

Hi gang!

Just a reminder to keep this thread on-topic. While there is no problem with posting negative expriences with companies, please refrain from attacking other posters because they did have a negative experience. Personal attacks is against DIS posting guidelines, so please word your response in a non-attacking way.

Thank you!!

WillCAD said:
Actually, this IS the place to go into it.

You have made a serious accusation against a legitimate company, one which could have serious repercussions to that company's business, but you have failed to back it up with any details, other than "uncaring" and "rude" and "lied".

I have used Magical Journeys several times in the past and found them to be an excellent agency; in my bookings I was dealing directly with the owner and found her to be a delightful person who is not only completely truthful, but is never rude, especially to a client.

If you want to make accusations against an established company, you should at least be detailed - what happened, when, how, and why - so that we can judge your credibility ourselves, particularly since you have only made 6 posts on the DIS boards and are a completely new and unknown quantity to us.

Until you can bring more to the table than some negative adjectives, I will find it very hard to swallow your accusations against a company that I know to have an excellent record not only with me but with hundreds of other clients, several dozen of whom I also know personally and who are completely satisfied with the company's performance.

i agree with this also
my sister just booked with them and I would likee to know the facts of what happened so we as consumers can make our own decisions

I am sorry you had a bad experience, though it would be nice to have some sort of facts to back up your statements.
I have used them and also other companies for WDW vacations and found them to be overly courteous and helpful and they went above and beyond....

I truly feel bad that you had such a horrible experience, but I will most likely continue to use them until I hear facts to back up these statements...
Blessings to you.. :flower:

If I remember the posts from the resort board the OP said he wanted room requests made and WL said the agent didn't make them. He was mad at tha agent and believed the WL.

The agent posted that she had made them and had verified this with Disney as well. OP found this hard to believe, felt the requests were not there and the agent did not do as instructed.

Since the OP is saying he spoke with the WL and that they had lied to them, I am going to assume the requests were there.

The rest sounds like perhaps the magic he expected to occur on this trip was not there. But most people do not realize the magic comes from within.

I feel very bad for you peacefulmeadows and hope that you will continue to visit Disney. My family and I had a bad experiece 3 years back via a travel agency and I learned a hard and expensive lesson but it did not deter me once again visiting Disney. From that point on, I have always made my own arrangements. As a matter of fact since then, my husband and I are DVCers and totally enjoying Disney once again.

My only wish if for your next vacation (whereever it may be) be magical for your family...best of luck to you

good day,
Esmerelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter