You're a National Treasure - Nov. Exercise Challenge

How about 40 minutes from me! Had a nice run- felt good. Ready for my turkey trot!!! I think that brings me to 765/1400 but I have to check what is on this board because I have lost track. We don't have anything unusual for thanksgiving although I pretty much only eat turkey and stuffing. And wine. At Christmas we have all Italian food tho and I stuff my face. :) DS and I did make some Reese peanut butter cup turkeys from a recipe I found on Pinterest. They are really cute and I bet they are super yummy too.

oh my goodness!! I ADORE this team.

Congratulations - we are Great-Grey-Go-Getters as a team.

You guys were amazing today.

I can't wait to tally up tomorrow, I bet we have some color changes to make.

Today we celebrate - tomorrow we push ahead!

As for Thanksgiving, my sister and I alternate whose house we have it in, and this year it's at my house! My mom, my sister and I always do plenty of cooking no matter where it is though it's really just a matter of who makes the turkey and this year it's me. I love making Thanksgiving. There's just something special about watching the parade while turkey roasts in the oven.

As a special treat, we always have a decadent breakfast on Thanksgiving morning. Normally we have very healthy breakfasts in our house, but on Thanksgiving we indulge more. I used to make the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. Last year I found the recipe for the old Main Street Bakery cinnamon rolls at the Magic Kingdom and I made them. They were so divine that I made them again on Christmas! I'm doing it again for this Thanksgiving breakfast. I prepare the dough in the bread machine the evening before, on the dough cycle. It makes it so much easier. Then when it's time, I roll it out and fill it with the delicious sugar cinnamon filling, roll it up and cut it, and I give them their final rise. Then I store them in a tin covered tightly with Saran Wrap in the fridge overnight. I get up nice and early, bake the cinnamon rolls and the delicious smell wafts all throughout the house! DH, the boys and I all really love them. Well worth the work, but as I said the bread machine's dough cycle is just a beautiful thing that makes it a lot less work than it could be.

We are having two Thanksgivings. I'm making it again on Sunday because my nieces are with their father (my sister's ex-husband) this year on the actual holiday. So my sister, brother-in-law, my nephew and my parents are all coming to us on Thursday. The girls go back to my sister on Friday and the five of them are going upstate NY to my brother-in-law's parents' house to have Thanksgiving with them and stay overnight. They come back Saturday. We have "Thanksgiving Re-mix" at my house on Sunday, with everyone and also my aunt and my cousin are joining us.

Oh, to add another Disney recipe...I'm making ooey gooey toffee cake on Thanksgiving day! I'm gonna make it so it's warm when we eat dessert. My sister is bringing vanilla gelato and it will pair nicely! I'm also making homemade whipped cream to go with the pies we have...pecan pie, pumpkin pie made with Bailey's, and an apple pear cranberry crumble.

Hanukkah is next, in mid-December this year. Much better than last year when it was the night before thanksgiving! My mom is making it at her house, and it will be a lot of fun as always, with plenty of delicious potato latkes made the same way my grandfather made them! We all make them the same and we are very picky when it comes to latkes. Fresh out of the pan is the only way to go!

Then for Christmas, we go out to an Italian restaurant for Christmas Eve. We are Jewish, but we still love the feel of Christmas, plus my brother-in-law is catholic and we celebrate it with him. But they're going to be upstate at his sister's house this year for it, so they won't be with us at the Italian restaurant this time. Every Christmas Day we go to a close family friend. They come to us on Hanukkah and we go to them on Christmas. We share each other's holidays and it's so much fun. This time, our friend who is a nurse has to work on Christmas Day but she is off Saturday the 27th so we are going to her house then. This worked out well because my sister and brother-in-law will be home on December 26th from upstate and we will all be together for our Christmas with close friends.

New Year's Eve is at my sister's this year. We also alternate whose house that is in, and it's her turn this year. That is a very important day in our family as it is my nephew's birthday and he is turning a year old this New Year's Eve! That's right, last year my sister had a beautiful baby boy on New Year's Eve day! I can't believe he's almost 1 already, we have so much fun with him!

That's what's going on here. I love the holidays, even with all the work and chaos. Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite though so this week is terrific! :)

Additional 40 minutes walking today ... puts me at

1005/1200

I should get more walking in tomorrow. I have class, which means walking to the bus, but I also have something else going on earlier in the afternoon that I'm pretty nervous about ... so I'll be walking off those nerves a bit probably.

Good morning!!

Yes, I've counted the numbers and as a team, after the dust settled we are officially at 75.39% and I couldn't be prouder of all of the positive energy on the board yesterday.

Congratulations to our newest great-gray-go-getters:
dizzyr
SarahDisney
bangzoom6877

I wish I had time to write something to all of you this morning, but I have a 7:15 meeting and need to hit the road soon, so I'll just say that you're an awesome group and I can't wait to see where we end up. (note: only 2222 minutes to hit 90%, but who's counting, right ;) )

SarahDisney - whatever it is that you have going on in the early afternoon, my wish for you is that you'll be able to face it with a peaceful heart and the knowledge that we'll be sending positive vibes and pixie dust your way.

***WANTED: A HOST FOR THE DECEMBER THREAD. IT REALLY IS A GREAT GIG!***

Good morning all! Well, I have 235 minutes to get to this month's goal. That cold I had last week put a damper on things and prevented me from working out for a week. While I don't think I'll make it to my goal before Monday, I am determined to do whatever I can to keep moving between now and then. 235 minutes over the next 6 days would mean close to 40 minutes per day without a day of rest...hmm, we shall see how close I get. I also decided to focus more on strength for a while. Sometimes I get so caught up in the cardio, that while I do some strength training I know I could work a little harder at it. I'm focusing on my form and lifting slowly without too heavy of a weight, to protect my lower back so it doesn't flare up. Still doing some cardio too, on off days. And some stretching and yoga. We'll see how that goes!

Good morning from the Beach Club Villas! 120 minutes of walking for a total of 910/1000! Congrats to our team for making grey go getter as a whole. :yay:

had a great day today!

73 minutes

889/1000 - hope to get to red hot soon.

Thank you for the faith in my yet to be determined turkey making skills.

1283/1600
45 min elliptical Monday
30 min walk this morning

Thanks for hosting :)

810/1000

45 minutes of cardio and stretching today! I was determined and squeezed it in after DS9's rehearsal for Wizard of Oz! Only 13 days until the show opens. I can't believe it's almost here already!

53 minutes walking

1058/1200

While that was good, it was the only thing today that was good ... my meeting didn't go well. Oh well, I'll survive. At least I got some exercise in walking to and from the meeting.

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving Eve.

Well, this morning we have our first Red Hots:
lisah0711
dizzyr

And we have a bunch of folks right on the edge who may be joining that club tomorrow.

Speaking of being Red Hot - did you know that as a team we have only 1,746 minutes to go to hit 90%? I'd love to hit and exceed that goal by Friday morning's check in.

It looks like everyone's got a lot going on. Remember to take the time to carve out some workout time. Other than getting in some workout time my goals for today are to: finalize tomorrow's menu, go grocery shopping, do all of the the laundry (my oldest kiddo arrived home last night with a bag of dirty clothes) and clean. I know my house is under all of the clutter and dirty dishes somewhere.

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving Eve and I'll be checking in to cheer us on as we get closer and closer to becoming RED HOT!

***WANTED: A HOST FOR THE DECEMBER THREAD. IT'S A GREAT GIG!***

SarahDisney - I'm sorry your meeting didn't go as you had hoped yesterday.

I hope today is a better day. :flower3:

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving Eve. Well, this morning we have our first Red Hots: lisah0711 dizzyr
Yeah me!! Congrats lisah0711 as well :) 30 more minutes for me this morning - I'm so tired though I feel like I was crawling instead of walking! That puts me at 1457/1575 - almost there!

If no one else offers to host December I will but I won't update daily all the time. As long as that's ok with everyone I'll do it. Oh and I'll be away for a couple of days over Christmas and probably won't update at all those days. Dec 25-28

Just returned from a whirlwind trip to Disneyland!!! This is the first time we've taken the DDs to see the holiday decorations. We usually avoid the busiest times of year for the low crowds, but seeing the parks in full decorations was magical!

If any of you have the chance, I HIGHLY recommend the Holiday Tour. I scheduled it for our arrival date and in addition to learning a bunch about Walt's holiday traditions, we were taken through the back entrance for Jingle Jungle Cruise, Holiday Small World, and the Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted House (all three had over an hour wait at the time!). We also had reserved chair seating for the night parade, right in front of Small World for the lighting ceremony, while we enjoyed hot cocoa and gingerbread Mickey's... all amazing!!

We had planned to stay longer yesterday, but even during Magic Hour the lines were 20 minutes+. Ugh! It was a beautiful experience though.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving with the extended family tomorrow. My brother cooks gourmet birds for the family (about 36 people this year!) and I'm in charge of bringing the roasted brussel sprouts and a bottle of wine.

Oh! And exercise... I have a bunch to add to the team! 240 minutes since last check in. That should hopefullybalance out a few of those Disney treats! I believe that brings me to 840/900.

Bangzoom... I completely sympathize with your show schedule. We are entering tech week for Nutcracker next week. That means rehearsals until 9 or 10pm for my dds - and then 6 shows over the first weekend of December. It's been a lot of work to get here, but it's a beautiful show and the girls love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter