You're a National Treasure - Nov. Exercise Challenge

Yay to the Ohana October group for topping 75%! I knew we could do it!

lisah0711 - Congrats on the PR!
hmack - I went out this morning in a fleece vest (in addition to my long-sleeve shirt and jacket), a hat, and gloves. I feel bad for the people running the marathon in this weather (but the running should warm them up a bit)

So far this month here's what I've done:
Saturday - 20 minutes walking
Sunday - 65 minute walk/run (may have more to track later too!)

So that puts me at 85/1200 - a good start!

I'll be away from the computer for a few days, so don't expect to see me post, but hopefully when I come back on Friday I'll have lots of exercise to report!

122/1000

Adding an hour of cardio today. Another busy week coming up at work...election day Tuesday means professional development day for me, and hosting a leadership training workshop for all the leaders of my show. Wednesday is parent/teacher conferences so I will be at work until 8pm...I also have a production team meeting for our musical (I do makeup and hair for the musicals) that afternoon before conferences begin. Our December musical this year is The Wizard of Oz and my DS9 is going to play a munchkin! He has his first rehearsal on Saturday for two hours, which means I'm going into work for that too. All of this is stuff I enjoy though and I am looking forward to it! This month is going to fly by though, I can feel it, and the musical will be here before I know it. Plus right after that's over in December, we hold auditions and call backs for my show (the student run competition, a.k.a. SING). Then it will be time for Christmas break before the madness of daily after school rehearsals begin! :)

I'm in again! Please put me down for 700 minutes and thank you for hosting again, hmack!

Walking - 40/700

Favorite Disney non-animated movie: Swiss Family Robinson :)

confession: I woke up a bit cranky today.

Why?

Because I wasn't prepared for what happened to us yesterday, and I didn't want to have to deal with the aftermath this morning. What happened? snow. lots and lots of snow. We're talking up to 20 inches in some locations and school closings all over the place, including for my kiddo.

But....

Then I opened this thread to do my daily update and "poof" you guys turned my frown upside down.

Congratulaions to our first true-bluers:
snels
bangzoom6877

swissfamilyrobinson - I love that your favorite non-animated Disney movie is Swiss Family Robinson! :) (how did I not see that coming?)

Is anyone else super excited that tomorrow is election day?

Amidst all of the craziness that is going on in everyone's life, let's remember to take time out for ourselves and take care of "us". Be well, all!

confession: I woke up a bit cranky today. Why? Because I wasn't prepared for what happened to us yesterday, and I didn't want to have to deal with the aftermath this morning. What happened? snow. lots and lots of snow. We're talking up to 20 inches in some locations and school closings all over the place, including for my kiddo. But.... Then I opened this thread to do my daily update and "poof" you guys turned my frown upside down. Congratulaions to our first true-bluers: snels bangzoom6877 swissfamilyrobinson - I love that your favorite non-animated Disney movie is Swiss Family Robinson! :) (how did I not see that coming?) Is anyone else super excited that tomorrow is election day? Amidst all of the craziness that is going on in everyone's life, let's remember to take time out for ourselves and take care of "us". Be well, all!

I'm sorry about the snow. I don't mind some snow in the winter, but last year was just too much for me (we live in Brooklyn, NY). The one thing I truly despise is ice. Can't walk on it or drive on it. At least I have the bus on my corner which takes me to the subway which I can take one stop and be at work. I've done that before in snow storms when it was just too much to drive, but in slick ice it's impossible. That's what bothers me about winter, the ice. The boys have fun in the snow and I use it as an excuse for baking. Our schools usually remain open so work for me and school for them when it snows, but at least our spring break isn't cut short due to a lot of snow days...always a bright side! ;)

And I agree...take time for yourselves, whatever you can! We can't take care of others if we don't take care of ourselves. Also, we never know when we will need our bodies to take care of us, so we must take care of our bodies and not abuse them.

90/1000 Yesterday I ran with my running group in the morning and then did a 5k in the afternoon. And had a PR for the 5k distance! :yay: Congratulations to the Ohana for the October challenge. :cool2: And thank you hmack for hostessing! :flower3:

Congrats on the PR :)

We get snow once or twice a year and when we do the whole city ****s down! It's quite comical actually. Vancouver is a rain forest and starting in September and continuing to June we get rain, rain and more rain. It's one of the only places in Canada that doesn't get snow. The flip side to that is it's usually warm (well warm for Canada standards anyway!). Only a handful of times do we need things like scarves, or mittens (in fact I not sure I own a pair of mittens anymore) so when we get snow (and I'm talking a light dusting even!!) no one knows what to do with it! It's rare that someone would have snow tires so you have a bunch of people who have never driven in snow driving around on hills on all weather or summer tires. You can imagine the chaos! We have no budget in the city for snow removal so when snow happens it's private contractors that plow the main roads and company parking lots. Our street doesn't get plowed so sometimes if there's enough snow we can't get out and my dh is an Alberta boy so he's used to the snow. If he can't get out no one can! I spent half of my life on the east coast or in North West Territories so I'm used to snow. Well I must admit I'm pretty acclimatized now and as wimpy as the rest of them when snow hits!

I hate the rain though. I don't mind it when I'm on my way home but I walk my dd to before school care in the mornings and then to the bus and I'm outside for at minimum of 30 minutes. It takes me the rest of the day at work to get dry and I hate that part.

Anyways even with the rain I managed to do 60 minutes of walking and 60 minutes in the pool so that puts me at 120 so far!

120/1575 :)

45/1600
45 min run. I even went out with long tights and long sleeved shirt and gloves this morning.
:)

165/1400

Got in a couple of good long run/walks over the last few days. I too wore some leggings and a long sleeve shirt this afternoon, altho I think I'd have been comfortable in shorts as well.

No snow here, but some MUCH NEEDED rain expected tomorrow, so I intend to stay in and use up the yucky bananas to make banana nut bread. Maybe some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies as well....

"I'm gonna steal the Declaration of Independence." - Ben Gates, National Treausre.

Well, we probably won't do anything quite that bold today. But it is a good day to take action all the same.

I dare say, my fellow treasures, that we are off to a great start as a team. I see nothing but successful missions on our horizon!

Congratulations to our newest true bluer:
2TxAgs

(Mrs Ar - could you please do me a favor and check to make sure I have the right numbers for you?)

Added 30 minutes of walking for a total of 120/1000.

Thanks for all the kind words on my 5k. :flower3:

We haven't had any snow yet but it is just a matter of time. The biggest challenge right now is figuring out the safe places I put all of my cold weather running gear. :rotfl:

Nice to see our colors changing! :rainbow:

171/1500

That's a swim and a walk yesterday, class and a walk today. Need to lift some weights later tonight!

Have a super day!

Just finished up a lunch break run.

the one upside to 30-40 degree temps is that I can run a couple of miles outside during lunch and not get sweaty enough so I stink everyone else out!

Reporting in - 30/1400. That's 30 min of ballet beautiful arms, abs and legs last night....

I've got to get moving and make up some ground! I was hit with a nasty head cold this weekend and skipped all of my planned workouts. Hoping to run a little tonight to get back on track!:thumbsup2

37 minutes for me today, should make me a true-bluer tomorrow.

See you all tomorrow.

Congratulations this morning to our newest true bluers

lisah0711
glss1/2fll
DisneyBelle99
and me

This morning I have a bit of a post-election headache. As I looked at the results that were tallied after I went to bed, I see that some things just didn't go "my way." It's amazing the things that feel like they are out of our control and it's easy to get bogged down in all of it.

But - this - this is much more in our control. Sometimes life stuff does get in the way. But our ability to take time out, whether it's a 10 minute stroll, a trip to the gym or pool, or a 20 mile run; is something that we can take control of and make our own.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us" from Remember the Titans.

As a Team, we are at 8.76% - I'm guessing that we have the power within us to make our team 10.00% by Friday morning. What do you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter