You're kidding. It's seriously happening?

Verstehen

I break for the Nautilus
Let me preface this by saying, I am a spoiled Disney brat. I moved to Florida from NY last year for work, and one of the first things I did was buy an annual pass. So now I go every month, but it's just not the same without my family. Plus, staying at the hotels was always my favorite part. Like I said, I'm a spoiled brat. Blame my grandparents.

So my mother and her partner are having a commitment ceremony in October, and for their "honeymoon" they wanted to go to Disney with my 19 year old sister and I in December. Unfortunately, the expense proved to be too much for her, even with my sis and I helping her out, and she had to cancel. I was expressing my sorrow at not being able to share the magic with them, and she replied, "Well, mostly we were going because your sister wanted to go."

So I said, jokingly (because I didn't think it was possible, not because I didn't want to do it), "So, just put Becka on a plane and I'll take her myself."

And to my surprise, she responded, "That's actually a great idea."

My initial thought, btw, was that she couldn't, because she needs oxygen on planes and I always assumed she needed someone to monitor her. But apparently, she is perfectly capable of knowing how to monitor her own oxygen intake. I really underestimate her sometimes.

After a few weeks of my parents hemming and hawing about when this would actually happen, I reminded them that as I work in a college, once fall starts, my ability to take time off is limited, except for holiday weekends. Problem is my sister has a volunteer summer job that she also can't really take time off of. Because she signed some sort of "I promise not to miss work agreement" which sounds totally boring and I would just skip out but I guess she's responsible or something. ANYWAY.

So finally, Monday night, my mom says, "She can do labor day weekend. Book a hotel."

I call, ask for passholder rates, and get offered two good rates at value and moderate. I am on the fence. I am awful at making decisions. On the one hand, money. On the other hand, I don't want to stay somewhere potentially loud with a long trek to the bus station (even with a wheelchair it'd be a pain).

So I spend a couple of days brooding, and finally, my mother, who knows my sister's capabilities better than I or my sister do, brings down the holy hammer of parental authority and decrees, "Book French Quarter. I have spoken."

So I do.

Now all we have to do is book her park tickets, plane tickets, and our dining reservation. Piece of cake!

Congratulations! I hope you have a great time. Quality time with siblings is important. It'll be a great weekend. :goodvibes

I'm heading to WDW with my husband, parents, brother, SIL, and niece in August. DH and I go every year, but my brother hasn't been in 10 years (our last family trip). I can't wait for him to see everything that's new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter