YourRide or Tiffany?

karin037

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used YourRide? We were planning to use Tiffany for our trip in November. We will need a van. YourRide is cheaper than Tiffany and they also do the grocery stop. Has anyone had any experience using YourRide? Good or Bad?

Have not used Yourride, but if you are looking for comparisons, I have used Happy Limo a lot and have always been extremely pleased. They do the free grovery stop too and offer a coupon rate.
Barb

Well it is interesting to me that Pete would endorse such a company for the DIS. Rabbit from "Your Ride" does not even own a vehicle. His van is a weekly lease from a company called SunState Limousines. He has no personal interest in this van, they have no overhead and will use strictly other independant operators as they dod not have any vehicles to handle the volume. Rabbit, from what I understand, is an ex- and disgruntled employee of Tiffany Town Car that parted ways quite some time ago. There have been noumeerous roumors of finantial instability and unreliability in regards to Rabbit. :jester:

Buyer beware of the Trojan Rabbit bearing gifts.

First of all I would like to thank very one for the nice E-mails about becoming a Sponsor On DIS! And "I will do the best job I can in helping the members out in Transportation or any other way I can"!!! Now to Silent One I have been driving for about 9 years. 3 and 1/2 years on Disney for MEARS.Then 4 years at the Orlando Airport for MEARS.And yes for some
other Companies.(BUT this is not the place to talk about other Companies.)
And maybe I shouldn't be posting this at all. Now all most 2 years ago I started to drive for yes "Sun State" I have been paying the payments and Insurance and Licenses my self.Some times when you start out you have to do things the slow way.And the Van will be paid off and in my name the first of the year! I have two other partners in this Co.I have been driving
for over 40 years and never had a accented or a ticket! Now all other Co. use independent operators(TTC and Mears too)I am a single parent of a 15y/o son (Shaun) and Im just trying to make a living for him and me!
So I hope I didn't offend any one on this Board.
Thank you Rabbit.:wave:

Frankly I could careless what he owns as long as he gets me from point A to point B safely and legally, it truly isn't anyone's business where he wasn't happy working or where he has a loan for a vehicle at. As for you SILENT ONE you are hardly remaining silent. If you don't want to use his service don't and let those of us that want to save a buck use it

Good for you! You always have to wonder about the person with 2 posts in 10 months and no info in his profile. You'll always find one of them somewhere!

I made ressies with Yourride for our trip in November. I'm a little worried now, after reading this post. Does anyone know if Yourride is a reliable van service? Do they have more than 1 van? I don't want to be stranded at the Airport.

Karin, I'm using them this Sat for an airport pickup and again on Sun to take us (7) to DW. world. I will let you know when I get back how it went. I don't care if he owns his van or is making payments or whatever! How else does a person get started? And, who is SilentOne ,who seems to have plenty of gloom and doom to spread?

Hey, I used them this past week and they were great!! Read my post on the first page of transportation. I'll never use anyone else again!!

Just wanted to say that I've used Yourride for several trips including transportation to and from the airport as well as to and from Port Canaveral. I've always had excellent, timely service. Rabbit, the owner operator of the company, is a credit to the travel and tourism industry in Orlando.

If you haven't tried yourride, make your next reservation with him. You'll be glad you did.

From what I've read on these posts, both seem to do an excellent job. We just used Tiffany in October and used a $5 coupon from their website.

Originally posted by Pluto4President
Good for you! You always have to wonder about the person with 2 posts in 10 months and no info in his profile. You'll always find one of them somewhere!

I realize Pluto was referring to the post critical of Yourride/Rabbit. However, I've noticed (as has my DW) that there are a number (at least 3 or 4) of posts from individuals with hmmm.....ONE post..... that are all just fabulously glowing reviews of Yourride. Kinda makes me wonder.

Hey, I'm not doing my vacation for a family of seven as a charity venture, and I'm perfectly willing to give quite a few things a chance, even in light of positive and negative evaluations - sometime I'll relate my Connections experience on another forum. But there's just too much that sounds funny here to make me feel comfortable.

As for me and my house, we'll probably stick with a tried-and-true service, while shopping around for the best deal.

Different strokes for different folks.

I've also noticed the posts by people without much in the way of prior posts. HOWEVER, I have also noticed the negative posts are made by people with, IMHO, WAYYY too much "information" about Rabbit and his company. I have yet to read one posted by anyone who's actually used Yourride. On the other hand, I have read positive comments by people who have been on these boards for quite a while. I've arrange to have Yourride provide the transportation for my group of 7 on 11/27. And believe me, if the service isn't all it should be I'll be the first to post a blistering review. I agree that our vacation isn't a "charity event". And I admit I was a little nervous about switching companies. Until I woke up and realized that it's only transportation. If it doesn't work out there are plenty of other options. We won't have to spend the whole week at the airport. As you said, different strokes for different folks. I hope all of our vacations go well and without a hitch.

I filled out the Form on YOUR RIDES web site two days ago for a reservation, and never got a confirmation. I guess I'll stick with TTC.

Anne

I had a great experience with yourride 2 weeks ago. I called and spoke to Rabbitt directly. I only called 2 days before my trip but it wasn't a problem. The driver was there when I arrived, even though I was early. He was also early in picking me up for my return trip. I was very, very pleased with the service I received. Now, I haven't used any other car service, so I can't compare. But I will use yourride the next time I need a car service in Orlando :)

I have put several "glowing" reports as you put it on here for "YourRide" but only because I try to help people that are asking a question about transportation. I have used this board alot to plan my vacations and I try to be helpful back whenever I can. I did not know anything about "YourRide" before I used them except that they were sponsers of this board. I had a better then average experience with them and thought they went above the norm to be helpful. I had used another service and had not had this same service. So, don't wonder about me and what I've posted! Just trying to help out someone who wants to know!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter