Youth Education Series - 3rd to 12th Final List

going2wdw

Praying for peace
I wanted to put this in a new post so we can begin a final sign up of those interested in doing an education series during the convention. I need to get a final count and what everyone is interested in. If a parent would like to chaperone let me know. We need at least one per group.

From the convention scedule Friday looks like the best day for a class with Thursday being the 2nd choice.

The information I'll need for registration is:
1) Your child's name, age and grade in November. (send an e-mail with specific - don't post)
2) The type of tickets you will have, we may be able to get some group tickets but everyone taking a class will need to use a park admission day. I don't have the exact pricing but the classes are about $20 if you already have admission. The group tickets were very reduced but expire 7 days after first use.
3) I've tried to narrow the class choices based on the ages of the kids. I've put the ones I think are best tell me which you like best or nominate one from the web site: Disney Y.E.S. Site

We will have to send the registration in 6 weeks before the convention and all fees will have to be collected in advance so they can be paid when the package is picked up.

I was hoping we have enough people interested to do a class for the younger ones and another for the older. The minimum for a group is 10.

The class choices for the 3rd Grade to High School group are:

Disney's World of Physics: Energy and Waves
3rd - 12th Grade -- Mathematics & Science
Experience the Magic Kingdom® Park through the mind of a Theme Park scientist! This interactive adventure studies select attractions to showcase the physics concepts of optics, acoustics, and magnetism in a real-world context. Special hands-on examinations bring this program to life with a uniquely Disney touch.
3-hr Standard Study Course at the Magic Kingdom Park

Disney's World of Physics: Properties of Motion
This interactive program casts students in the role of Theme Park scientists as they explore the physics concept of mechanics at selected Magic Kingdom attractions. Hands-on examinations and activities about the basic properties of force, motion, and gravity bring this adventure to life.

Disney's Production Arts and Sciences
3rd - 12th Grade -- Production Arts and Media Literacy
Acting as makers and marketers of visual media, students learn how technologies, techniques, and storyboarding are shaping today's media and influencing audiences of all ages. Explore the unwritten language of images through digital photography and the art of editing, and discover the relationship between passive and active viewership.
3-hr Standard Study Course at Disney-MGM Studios

This is a great opportunity to do something a little different at Disney. The classes are only available to groups of 10 or more.

This is the list of interested children from the orginal post:

*going2wdw DD#2 ------ 7
*CookieGVB DS#2 ------ 8
*MaryAnnDVC ------ 8
*CookieGVB DS#1 ------ 9
*going2wdw DD#1 ------ 10
*MaryAnnDVC ------ 11
*fostrmom2mny DD#2 ------ 12
*fostrmom2mny DS ------ 12
dizkneybabe DS ------ 12
*MaryAnnDVC ------ 13
Tiggeroo ------ 13
Tiggeroo ------ 13
Tiggeroo DD ------ 16
*fostrmom2mny DD#1 ------ 17

*Confirmed

Jan, as I had told you, we are definatly in :) !!

Here is a little info on the program that looks really cool!

Arts &
Literature
Programs

The American Story
2nd - 12th Grade -- Language Arts & Social Studies
Live the rich history of the United States of America through the stories, architecture, mood, and setting of the attractions in Liberty Square and Frontierland. Students explore the influences of traditional storytelling in shaping present-day views of America.
3-hr Standard Study Course at the Magic Kingdom
They would get the chance to ride Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, the Haunted Mansion as well as go to the Hall of Presidents and get an on stage look at the Presidents and all. Of course, this is me talking. My girls like it too, but I realize that some of the others may not prefer this one as much as we would.
Gerri

My 2 DSs are still in, but probably won't be able to attend if it's held on Thursday - they're scheduled to go on the Pirate Cruise that morning! :D If it's Friday, we're in...that is, if they can still attend, even though we're not "officially" part of DIS Con anymore. ;)

You can take us off this list, too. boo-hoo

Here's hoping DIS-CON 2001 doesn't burn you all out. You'll want to do all this for 2002, right? :p

You don't need to be part of DIS-CON this is separate from that.

Mom-to-3 - Sorry you can't be there this year. I haven't made any plans for 2002 but I'm sure if it works great this year it will be a repeat.

Time's running a little short on this - is anyone else thinking of going? Do we have enough children involved to do this?

Hope it's still on! I have 2 girls that would go. (Love to do the American Story)
I'm ready to send in my $$ so we can be certain that it's a go.
Gerri

I'm working on an email for everyone so I can complete the registration. After the registration is sent we will need the final confirmation from Disney. We will have to prepay; the total is due when the package is picked up. Once I get the email completed I'll post it, if I don't have your email address I'll send you a PM. I will include the cost options in the email.

I am preparing the registration forms for the Youth Education program at WDW. Please respond via email with the specifics for your kid(s). Geri (fostrmom2mny) has said she will chaperone and that meets the basic requirement. Two chaperone’s are included with a group of 10 so if someone else wants to chaperone let me know.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I’ll try to answer as best I can.

I need the following information for registration:
1) Your child's name, age and grade in November
2) The type of tickets you will have, Disney Y.E.S. programs require admission to the designated Theme Park location on the program visit date.
One program is included with the purchase of any Disney Y.E.S. Package.
The group tickets expire 7 days after first use.

Package Includes:
One Disney Youth Education Series Program of your choice (subject to availability)
One Disney Youth Education Series T-Shirt
Unlimited admission, with PARK HOPPER® privileges, to The Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot,
Disney-MGM Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park for the number of days you choose (4-Day and 5-Day PremEar Packages are available).
Disney Y.E.S. 3-Day PARK HOPPER® Package - $105.00
Disney Y.E.S. 4-Day PremEar Package - $120.00
Disney Y.E.S. 5-Day PremEar Package - $137.00

Class only $21 - This option would cover anyone with an AP or other Admission tickets.

I’ll select the class in the order shown for Friday 11/30/2001.

1st Choice - Start Time 7:15am
The American Story
2nd - 12th Grade -- Language Arts & Social Studies
Live the rich history of the United States of America through the stories, architecture, mood, and setting of the attractions in Liberty Square and Frontierland. Students explore the influences of traditional storytelling in shaping present-day views of America.
3-hr Standard Study Course at the Magic Kingdom

2nd Choice - Start Time 7:15am
Disney's World of Physics: Properties of Motion
This interactive program casts students in the role of Theme Park scientists as they explore the physics concept of mechanics at selected Magic Kingdom attractions. Hands-on examinations and activities about the basic properties of force, motion, and gravity bring this adventure to life.

3rd Choice - Start Times 9am & 11:30am
Disney's World of Physics: Energy and Waves
Experience the Magic Kingdom® Park through the mind of a Theme Park scientist! This interactive adventure studies select attractions to showcase the physics concepts of optics, acoustics, and magnetism in a real-world context. Special hands-on examinations bring this program to life with a uniquely Disney touch.

We will not be able to schedule the classes for this year. Keep this in mind for the next DIS-CON and maybe we can work something out.

Janette, you know how disappointed I am about this whole thing. I just wanted to thank you again for all the work you've done trying to get this together. I've got my fingers crossed that next year, all three of my children will be doing this program.

Mare.

We'll plan something extra special for all your kids next year Mare, especially for Morgan. Give them all a hug from me and let us know if we can do anything to brighten Morgan's days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter