YRDSB March Break 2009

mtmbyck

I AM Canadian eh!
It's quite a bit later this year - March 16th - 20th and they don't include the friday before anymore. So this will put us in the prime of booking season $$$$$. We're in the hunt for a 2 bedroom villa in the Disney/Universal area. Any ideas on where to start looking would be greatly appreciated!

It's quite a bit later this year - March 16th - 20th and they don't include the friday before anymore. So this will put us in the prime of booking season $$$$$. We're in the hunt for a 2 bedroom villa in the Disney/Universal area. Any ideas on where to start looking would be greatly appreciated!

Yah, since we now have "Family Day" in February, it looks like the York boards are compensating the lost day by eliminating that PA day the Friday befor March Break. I'm still thinking of taking the week before March Break - it may be quieter and I doubt they'll be doing much in school.

Are you looking for non-Disney condos? We stayed at Bonnet Creek which was really nice. I booked it on:

http://www.myresortnetwork.com/Cond...field-Orlando-at-Bonnet-Creek&SORT=start_date

You can get a 2-bedroom for $120/night. PM me if you want the name of the owner I used. :)

I am quite blue that March break now lands in peak season this year. We have always just been able to sneak in on the end of magic season. It puts us in a whole new price bracket now not to mention the crowds will be heavier. I had the whole trip planned out using the same week as it has been for years and now they change it!!!!! Thank goodness I had not booked the flights. I usually have by now. I am not sure what we are going to do but we might take a pass on Disney this Marh Break if it is going to be alot more $$$:sad2:

Is the American march break the same as ours here in Canada?Anybody?

Every state has different breaks, and many offer multiple spring breaks. Some may provide a week around Presidents' Day (in February) and then a "spring" break around Easter. Those tend to be the busiest times: the week of President's Day (which id Feb 16th next year), and the week before and after Easter (April 12th, 2009).

Therefore, you may meet up with any US "breaks" anytime between February and May. :confused3 There may be a list of different breaks somewhere else on the board.

March break varies throughout Canada too, and amongst boards within provinces.

Go when you can, and have a plan for the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter