YTZ airport, how was it?

tchan03

I have found my Cinderella
Hi

Toronto downtown airport(YTZ) , Anyone fly from there before? Convenient?

I would never fly out of there. It's a pain to travel to as you have to get downtown first, which in of itself is a nightmare on a good day. Then you have to get the ferry to Toronto island to get to the airport so you can't even park at the airport.

Not worth the headache in my opinion.

If you live or are visiting the core then it is great. I live and work in the core, and have used it for multiple trips for work to Ottawa. Love it but then I also hate Pearson and avoid it like the plague to the point that for trips to FL we fly out of BUF. Limited destinations due to the size of the runway (no WDW) but if hitting Ottawa, Montreal, NY, BOS, etc then it is a great alternative.

I've flown out of Billy Bishop on Porter more then a few times to NYC & Boston. I take the GO train in from Pickering & meet the Porter shuttle at the Royal York Hotel across the street from Union Stn. It's always worked out very well.

I love Porter & the Island Airport is small, & easy to navigate. The Porter Lounge is awesome.

Porter announced about a week ago that they've partnered with JetBlue to offer connecting flights to many major US destinations. Florida, Las Vegas, & LA are the ones I remember reading in the email from Porter. (beginning next week I believe) Flights to MCO are available out of Toronto connecting in Boston. :) I haven't had the chance to price the new option, or the frequency of flights, will try to over the weekend when I have the time to check it out thoroughly.

Fly out of Billy Bishop probably about 10-15 times per year. I live within walking distance and often travel to Ottawa or Montreal for work. Also taken Porter to Boston, Chicago, and New York. Love it. I have run into problems with HUGE customs/immigrations lines in the US airports (especially Boston - longer than anything I've ever seen at Pearson) which you have to go through since Billy Bishop doesn't have US pre-clearance which could be a pain (I have NEXUS, so it doesn't bother me).

I have looked into their code-share flights to Florida - the shortest travel time was 6hr 30mins and most were over 7hr. No thanks! Plus you'd have to do customs/immigrations during the connection (possibly partly why most of them were so long) since Billy Bishop doesn't have US pre-clearance. I'd rather suck it up and travel to Pearson.

Hi
I dont live in downtown i may take Go train to Union and take shuttle to ferry terminal.

Questions:
1 the shuttle , is it free? I am not flying on Porter, i am flying on "AC Express - Sky Regional".
2 is shuttle bigger than usual bus, because i have double-stroller and luggages.
3 shuttle terminal within walking distance to Union train station??

Hi I dont live in downtown i may take Go train to Union and take shuttle to ferry terminal. Questions: 1 the shuttle , is it free? I am not flying on Porter, i am flying on "AC Express - Sky Regional". 2 is shuttle bigger than usual bus, because i have double-stroller and luggages. 3 shuttle terminal within walking distance to Union train station??

You'll need to check with Air Canada. The shuttle I've taken from the Royal York to Billy Bishop Airport was operated by Porter. It was a big blue Bus (like a Go bus) with Porter on the side in white.

You'll need to check with Air Canada. The shuttle I've taken from the Royal York to Billy Bishop Airport was operated by Porter. It was a big blue Bus (like a Go bus) with Porter on the side in white.

Actually, it isn't operated by Porter (though it does often have Porter ads on it). Anyone can take it (you don't even need to by flying to take it).

The stop by Union keeps moving due to the construction there, but, right now, it is in front of the Starbucks just west of the station (west of Front/York intersection on the south side of the street). Definitely within walking distance of the GO train.

There are a couple of different types of buses (they go passed where I live, so I see them a lot). Most are similar to hotel or car rental airport shuttles - in other words, they have room for luggage and strollers (though you'll likely have to fold the stroller).

http://www.torontoport.com/Airport/Getting-To/Airport-Shuttle.aspx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter