YYZ-MCO Dec airfare (pre X-mas) - what's reasonable?

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
We typically fly out of Buffalo, but the past few times we've travelled during the winter, bad weather made it challenging. For our upcoming Dec trip (Dec 13-19) looking to fly out of Pearson instead.

Having not flown out of Pearson to Orlando, I have no idea what is considered good airfare. The dates we are leaving, the rate is $169 pp each way (taxes included). How does this compare to past rates?

Hello,

Last August 25, I booked 3 adults and 1 child one way from Toronto to Orlando on Air Canada for $950 (December 11). I booked the return flight separately for $606 (December 19)! The departure flight went down a couple of weeks later but only by $15/ticket.

I signed up for Air Canada websaver alerts which were helpful.

We typically fly out of Buffalo, but the past few times we've travelled during the winter, bad weather made it challenging. For our upcoming Dec trip (Dec 13-19) looking to fly out of Pearson instead.

Having not flown out of Pearson to Orlando, I have no idea what is considered good airfare. The dates we are leaving, the rate is $169 pp each way (taxes included). How does this compare to past rates?

I see $161 rt inc taxes with Allegiant from Niagara Falla to Orlando-Sanford. Add in $30 for prepaid carry on luggage for return trip and total is $191.
http://www.allegiantair.com/

You up from the orlando-sanford airport? The niagara falls flight seems so much cheaper right now....

I have flown out of YYZ a bunch on Air Canada to MCO over the last 6 years on both business and pleasure and the best I can generally find deal wise is about $129-$139 per way but with all the BS fee's and taxes it works out to be about $425-$475 per seat for round trip.

A big thing you do when booking through Air Canada is check the days prior and after your planned travel date they have a ton of price fluctuation and some times you will find its much better and affordable to travel a day before or after even.

I signed up for Air Canada websaver alerts which were helpful.

Yeah from time to time they help but not very often do you get much of a deal going to FLL or MCO and if it is a deal its at the weirdest possible times.. :confused3

You up from the orlando-sanford airport? The niagara falls flight seems so much cheaper right now....

No Magical Express from the Sanford airport.

We are considering that option, though, for a cruise booking we have for December. We would be either renting a car for one way, or using a shuttle/limo, so the lack of Disney transport options isn't a loss with respect to cruising. We would miss that, though, if we were doing WDW as we have always liked ME.

Wouldnt be a good option then. We are staying at the disney fesorts in Sept...like the free bus!

Guess it is back to searching Toronto or Buffalo!

I have flown out of YYZ a bunch on Air Canada to MCO over the last 6 years on both business and pleasure and the best I can generally find deal wise is about $129-$139 per way but with all the BS fee's and taxes it works out to be about $425-$475 per seat for round trip.

A big thing you do when booking through Air Canada is check the days prior and after your planned travel date they have a ton of price fluctuation and some times you will find its much better and affordable to travel a day before or after even.

Came here to post this exact thing. $169 isn't a horrible price for that time of year, I would go ahead and book it. The price could go down $20-30, but it could as easily go up over $200.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter