Zellers/Target

Disney Ontario

Ontario Disney
Hi. we just returned from Florida last night. The cashier in Target in Florida told us that Target has bought out Zellers.:banana: :yay: :cool1: :woohoo:
Good Bye Zellers , Hello Target

I am sorry to hear that. It is sad to lose another Canadian company :(

I heard that a long time ago - but they're all still Zellers. So I not sure if they're really going to become "Targets" which is really too bad because I don't like anything about Zellers but I LOVE :lovestruc Target

I really don't like Zellers. There are never enough cashiers(the line-ups are always so long) and I get such horrible service at the check-outs. :(

I really don't like Zellers. There are never enough cashiers(the line-ups are always so long) and I get such horrible service at the check-outs. :(

You're describing my Walmart!

I will always go to Zellers over Walmart (they're in the same shopping area for me).

But I'd love to see some of the Target clothes selections in Zellers.

I will always go to Zellers over Walmart (they're in the same shopping area for me).

My Walmart has such quick service at the checkouts! If the lineups are long, they always move very quickly! There have been times I've been waiting in line at Zellers, buying only a couple things, and the lines have been so long and so slow (with only 1 or 2 cashiers open) that I've dropped everything and walked out!

If the news it true, I'm not surprised Target has bought out Zellers... I've been thinking for years that Zellers is looking more and more like Target.

::yes:: I avoid WalMart like the plague! It is sooooo busy! Zellers (sadly) rarely has a line in my area. But is a quiet shopping experience.

Hi. we just returned from Florida last night. The cashier in Target in Florida told us that Target has bought out Zellers.:banana: :yay: :cool1: :woohoo:
Good Bye Zellers , Hello Target

Zellers has not been bought out by Target but they are American owned. The HBC company is owed by a New York-based company, NRDC Equity Partners, the owner of the Lord & Taylor and Fortunoff brands. They have been an American company since Jerry Zucker bought the Hudson Bay company in 2006.

1978 to 2006 Zellers was owned by HBC.

1976 to 1978 Zellers was owned by the employees.

1959 to 1976 Zellers was American owned.

1952 to 1959 it was 1/2 Canadian and 1/2 American

1931 to 1952 it was owned by Walter P. Zeller.

work there, told me about 2 years ago that Zellers was bought by Target but would continue to run as Zellers as it always has.

I personally would prefer a Target if we could have the same things they carry at the same price, but I fear it would be just like US Wal-Mart and Canadian Wal-Mart, two different kind of stores all together.

It was sad to lose Zellers & HBC a few years ago, but if Zellers is owned by Target & already is an American company, I would def prefer a Target over Zellers.

I heard the same as the other poster: it's Lord and Taylor, not Target. We live in a smaller community and have only a Zellers and a half-sized Walmart. But I like Walmart way better than Zellers. Getting a Target would be a real plus, IMO. I think people where I live would absolutely love it!

Zellers has never held a place in my heart. As a rep that goes into the stores, they are so unorganized and their system just doesn't work. As a customer, never go into there or Walmart. Not a fan of either. Problem with Zellers is they never have stock (or the right stock). :(

Our Zellers has gone down hill, to the point that I don't even shop there. They are always out of sale items in the flyer. Rumour has it that Kingston is getting a Target store. I wonder if they are just going to switch our Zellers over? Any other rumours about other Canadian Target stores?

work there, told me about 2 years ago that Zellers was bought by Target but would continue to run as Zellers as it always has.

I personally would prefer a Target if we could have the same things they carry at the same price, but I fear it would be just like US Wal-Mart and Canadian Wal-Mart, two different kind of stores all together.

Sorry but there is not link between Zellers and Target aside from the fact that they are both retail outlets. HBC, which is the parent of both Zellers and Lord and Taylor, is owned by a private consortium. Target is independant of the HBC and is a publically traded company.

TC.

Interesting comments! Since I'm an employee of Zellers, I can say with 100% accuracy that we are not owned or affiliated with Target in any way shape or form.....sure, we do look a little like them and do own some similar brands (Cherokee) but that's just a coincidence. Now, that being said, I have to agree with some of the posters....if Target ever decided to come into Canada, I personally would love to see them buy Zellers! Target is alot more successful up against Walmart in the states and would definitely give them a run for their money here. Go Target! :cheer2:

Sorry but there is not link between Zellers and Target aside from the fact that they are both retail outlets. HBC, which is the parent of both Zellers and Lord and Taylor, is owned by a private consortium. Target is independant of the HBC and is a publically traded company.

TC.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter