Ziploc Baggies

Ness2289

I'm Almost There...
I just have to say, thanks to all for the ziploc idea for packing. I have never used them for packing before. I am in the process of packing now and it is such a wonderful idea! They're like space savers! :disrocks:

I am also using the zip lock bag idea - absolutley the best tip I have read by far!! I have three kids that I am packing for (plus myself) and I can not believe the amount of space that I am saving my putting everything in the bags! An entire outfit already put together at your fngertips - how easier can it get? :rotfl2:
I keep thinking about all the room I am saving so that I will have that much more spcae to brign things home!!!

I bought two boxes of gallon size ziploc bags to do this when we leave this saturday. DH doesn't know yet and I am sure he will be giving me a few looks! :crazy:

Well, when I first read about the idea here on the boards, I thought the person was an obessive-compulsive idiot.

But then I thought about it..... and thought about it.....

....and then went and bought some bags. Just got back from our first trip packing with the bags, and it was awesome. Made things very easy!

I am definitely a ziplock packer after using this method for the first time during our April trip. It's one of the best tips I've read here, also. I've converted several friends & relatives to doing this since I tried the idea. In fact, my sister & two of her friends left Saturday on a cruise to Nova Scotia & guess how they packed...yup, those baggies and the girls will be arriving in Halifax in the morning!

On a whim last years, I purchased those travel space bags, you put clothes in and roll the air out a one way valve. Wife thought it was a joke. Well, I've used 4 of them on the last 4 WDW trips and my suitcase looks empty when I'm done packing. They really work, shrinks the size of clothes in half. Now she wants a set too for her suitcase.

I used the ziplock bag idea for the first time. Everyone thought I was nuts, but it saved so much space going down.

My only problem was that after 13 days of being on vacation, the bags did not look the same going home.

the bags were the best tip that i have received from this board. Walmart sells 2 gallon bags. :sunny:

Del

NJOYURLIFE said:
My only problem was that after 13 days of being on vacation, the bags did not look the same going home.

That's why I bring a stack with me as well, and usually keep at least a couple in my backpack (they fold up nicely).

One great thing I use them for is my resort mug - I often will bring it full with me to a park, and when I'm done I just slip it in.

Also handy for the way back to the room - instead of going to the room, getting the ice bucket, and going back to the ice, I just grab one of the gallon zip-locs out of my backpack and fill it up on my way to the room.

They really are the handiest things!

N.E.D.

NewEnglandDisney said:
That's why I bring a stack with me as well, and usually keep at least a couple in my backpack (they fold up nicely).

One great thing I use them for is my resort mug - I often will bring it full with me to a park, and when I'm done I just slip it in.

Also handy for the way back to the room - instead of going to the room, getting the ice bucket, and going back to the ice, I just grab one of the gallon zip-locs out of my backpack and fill it up on my way to the room.

They really are the handiest things!

N.E.D.

Wow! What great ideas! I already was impressed by the ziploc suggestion, but keeping some in the backpack is an excellent idea!

the zip-locs sound like a great idea and I am going to do them for the trip down next August. I am thinking that for the dirty clothes I will use the bag that came on a conforter. think that the same principle will work.

in Ontario? I want to start packing within the next few days and want to run out and get these bags tomorrow. Can you buy them in Canada? I do not think I have ever seen 2 gallon ones...

The biggest I have seen in Canada is the large freezer size ones.
I also noticed that for packing food, the Glad ones don't have the smell that the Ziploc brand do....I like Glad much better for packing food in.

Albertan mom said:
The biggest I have seen in Canada is the large freezer size ones.
I also noticed that for packing food, the Glad ones don't have the smell that the Ziploc brand do....I like Glad much better for packing food in.

WOW!

Thank you for the tip, i didn't know about that!
:mickeybar

I know this is an old thread, but I am packing now and thought of the thread. I found some 2 gallon ziplock bags and bought those, and I also bought some Space-Savers by American Tourister. The space-savers say to pack the bag then roll up from the zippered end to gently press the air out of the one-way valve. Which I did. And it was neat that the bag was now much thinner. For about 3 minutes. So I pressed again. and again the air has returned to the bag. So the moral of the story is save your money and don't buy the space-saver bags.

Something that I am using are some zippered plastic bags that sheets and pillowcases came in. So between these and the baggies I should be all set. Thanks, Dis'ers for the great packing tips!

I also keep one of the XL sized ziplocks in my backpack for water rides. Right before boarding you can pull out the bag, toss your backpack in and zip it up -- while I might expect to get a bit soggy on the ride, that doesn't mean I want our stuff to get drenched as well.

Servants of Evan

Okay, after doing a search and looking back thru 3 pages of stuff, i still cant find the original tip. Do you just put your clothes in it and press the air out it and lay them flat in the suitcases? Leaving in 12 days, might try it out. Do I have it about right?

Thanks,
Wendy

Another idea if you're while flying---

Even if you don't go the whole route of packing everything that way, put your under garments in bags. That way, if your luggage is searched, you don't have someone handling them.

-dj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter