Zootopia expansion coming to Shanghai

Animal Kingdom has plans. Zootopia is not it.
Glad to know that. I can't wait until we know for sure what those are. .. there are probably better things they can do at AK than Zootopia.

A good movie, with good characters .... worth making a "land" with? Probably not .. especially at AK -- I agree with you that DHS would be a better spot for it. (Heck .. make Animation courtyard look like a cityscape and put an attraction in where the Launch Bay is .. boom! Done.

Please don’t say that like it’s a fact... I’m sure many think it’s a real possibility.
There are plans for expansion/additions to Animal Kingdom but at this time Zootopia is not one of those plans. Things can change but don’t get your hopes up for Zootopia yet.

Animal Kingdom has plans. Zootopia is not it.

I'm going to have to agree to disagree with you on this one.

Zootopia makes the most sense out of all the land rumors for Animal. Definitely much more than an Indy land, which is an IP mostly about an old archaeologist and historical items. Not about animals.

It also has much more potential for sequels than probably Indy. Who knows if the franchise can even continue onward without elderly Harrison Ford. It's not like it has proven that it could in the movie series.

I'm going to have to agree to disagree with you on this one.

Zootopia makes the most sense out of all the land rumors for Animal. Definitely much more than an Indy land, which is an IP mostly about an old archaeologist and historical items. Not about animals.

It also has much more potential for sequels than probably Indy. Who knows if the franchise can even continue onward without elderly Harrison Ford. It's not like it has proven that it could in the movie series.
Zootopia isn’t a rumor...

Indy rumors are dead.

Like I said. There are plans for AK that do not include Zootopia.

Zootopia isn’t a rumor...

Indy rumors are dead.

Like I said. There are plans for AK that do not include Zootopia.

Why, What have you been hearing? What are these secret plans that you are hinting at?

Why, What have you been hearing? What are these secret plans that you are hinting at?
What I have seen or heard....
Is a revamp of Dino land but not changing it to Indy land. As @rteetz has said the indy rumors to AK are dead.

There was some rumblings of an added land - perhaps Australia or some other - but I have not heard or seen any of that lately.

Is a revamp of Dino land but not changing it to Indy land. As @rteetz has said the indy rumors to AK are dead.

There was some rumblings of an added land - perhaps Australia or some other - but I have not heard or seen any of that lately.
There have also been rumblings of Pandora expansion.

As for rumblings of an added land or area MansionButler on WDWMagic has said Disney is looking at expansion for Animal Kingdom.

I don't care where it goes. I want it, and I want it NOW!

giphy.gif

I'd love an Egypt or Austrailia section, but Bob IP probably won't allow them to be made. He just wants stuff that can be slapped on a t-shirt and mug.

Last edited:
I'd love an Egypt or Austrailia section, but Bob IP probably won't allow them to be made. He just wants stuff that he can slap on a t-shirt and mug.

I'd personally vote for South America with a focus on the rain forest ... and could go in the Dino area as could be smaller animals that could housed there or moved - thinking lots of birds and snakes and other small animals

I'd love Australia and New Zealand area. Seriously, if anyone can figure out how to keep Platypus's alive in captivity, it's probably by using the space and resources of AK. And yes, I'd love to see a platypus. How much could they charge for a koala experience? Forget rhinos, cuddle a koala! The possibilities for a ride are almost endless given the variety of Australia and the Southern Alps of New Zealand.

Yes, no IP. C'mon Bob. Make a movie set in Australia. I'm sure you can figure something out in this day and age. Wrongly convicted British convict family sent to Australia and are saved by an adorable native girl from a vicious pack of dingos while learning how to ride Kangaroos and discovering the amazing secrets of indigenous culture! Won't that tick enough boxes?

I'd love Australia and New Zealand area. Seriously, if anyone can figure out how to keep Platypus's alive in captivity, it's probably by using the space and resources of AK. And yes, I'd love to see a platypus. How much could they charge for a koala experience? Forget rhinos, cuddle a koala! The possibilities for a ride are almost endless given the variety of Australia and the Southern Alps of New Zealand.

Yes, no IP. C'mon Bob. Make a movie set in Australia. I'm sure you can figure something out in this day and age. Wrongly convicted British convict family sent to Australia and are saved by an adorable native girl from a vicious pack of dingos while learning how to ride Kangaroos and discovering the amazing secrets of indigenous culture! Won't that tick enough boxes?

Bob Iger: It will be themed to the Rescurers Down Under, and you will like it!!!!

I'd personally vote for South America with a focus on the rain forest ... and could go in the Dino area as could be smaller animals that could housed there or moved - thinking lots of birds and snakes and other small animals
I would prefer Australia/New Zealand myself, but would also love to see SA as well. I agree that the Rain forest could be a great add. I wonder though, IF we still get Brazil on Epcot, if SA would still be an option for AK?

I would prefer Australia/New Zealand myself, but would also love to see SA as well. I agree that the Rain forest could be a great add. I wonder though, IF we still get Brazil on Epcot, if SA would still be an option for AK?

That's a good point - they seem to not want/do overlap between WS and AK .... could be cool to have a Rain Forest aspect to the pavilion in EPCOT (maybe a dining location in Rain Forest?)

There are plans for expansion/additions to Animal Kingdom but at this time Zootopia is not one of those plans. Things can change but don’t get your hopes up for Zootopia yet.

That’s not what I said, you made it sound as if you know what AKs future plans are. To be honest you have no idea if they’re planning Zootopia or not and you phrased it as fact. It’s misleading. When it was first rumored Shanghai would be getting Zootopia there were plenty of naysayers...

That’s not what I said, you made it sound as if you know what AKs future plans are. To be honest you have no idea if they’re planning Zootopia or not and you phrased it as fact. It’s misleading. When it was first rumored Shanghai would be getting Zootopia there were plenty of naysayers...
You’re a bit new hear and I don’t want to come across as rude or anything but I do know things.

@rteetz has alot of contacts with insiders, and I also dig around quite a bit on many sites for rumors. There are a few insiders that many really trust that stated clearly that Zootopia is not a target for AK. I am pretty sure a few of them did not have any Zootopia in NA at all. There are a ton of "fans" that are begging for Zootopia and wanting it in AK, but they are not insiders with true knowledge

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter