ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Team August 2013 Thread! (Part 2)¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

QOTD

So, if you've been following the debates, controversies, articles, etc. over the opening of the Main Street Bakery as a Starbucks today, what's your opinion?

Personally, I like Starbucks, so I'm excited to see something other than Nescafe offered in the parks. I also like that you can use your DDP credits or your Sbux app (the latter will apply to me this trip). And I like that they are wearing their period costumes. That said, I do think they've modernized the old fashioned bakery feeling a bit too much. I'm fine with the product change, but I kind of wish they had kept some of the old feeling.

QOTD

So, if you've been following the debates, controversies, articles, etc. over the opening of the Main Street Bakery as a Starbucks today, what's your opinion?

I'm OK with it. It's got the same "feel" of the original bakery but with better drinks!

QOTD

Well, I am ok with Starbucks. I didn't see the original Main Street Bakery, so I won't feel like I am missing anything, and I may be tempted to get a caramel frap (decaf) if the line for dolewhips is too long.

I haven't added our information yet so here it goes!

We will be staying at AoA August 2nd thru August 12th in the LM suites

Our reservations are:

8/2/2012
DTD night after check in
Rainforest Cafe at 830pm

8/3/2013
Blizzard Beach/Typhoon Lagoon
Ohana at 805pm

8/4/2013
Magic Kingdom Day
Be Our Guest at 650pm

8/5/2013
Blizzard Beach in the morning
Hollywood Studios at night
Fantasmic Package at Mama Melrose at 345pm

8/6/2013
Animal Kingdom Day
Epcot at night
Tusker House at 825am
Yak and Yeti at 230pm

8/7/2013
Magic Kingdom Day
Chef Mickeys at 655pm

8/8/2013
Epcot Day
Magic Kingdom night
Coral Reef at 200pm

8/9/2013
Magic Kingdom Day and Dd4s Birthday celebration day
Bibbiti Bobbiti Boutique at 800am
Pirates Leauge (for dd7) at 1100am
CRT at 525pm

8/10/2013
Free day
Date night for hubby and I
Neverland Club at 530pm
Jiko at 630pm

8/11/2013
Magic Kingdom
Ohana at 825am
*trying for dessert party if system will work*

8/12/2013
Magic Kingdom Day
DTD afternoon
Crystal Palace at 805am
TRex at 400pm

Looks like a great plan! What/where is the Neverland club? Is it expensive? Would love a quick adult only dinner date on our free day.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Excited for the new thread - thanks Seneca :goodvibes

I also realized that my dates have changed. We were planning two nights at AoA, then move to the Poly, but now our whole week will be at the Poly (I decided to buy an AP, and the discount offered allowed us the upgrade :cool1:) So, we're now 8/13-8/20 at the Poly. I think I have my ADRs all lined up:

8/14 - OHana dinner at 5:05pm
8/15 - Via Napoli lunch at 12:45pm
8/16 - T-Rex lunch at 1:00pm
8/17 - Crystal Palace lunch at 1:05pm
8/19 - Cape May dinner at 5:10pm

Planning to try for BOG for lunch on either 8/14 or 8/20 (or maybe both :))

Park days are:
8/13 - AK
8/14 - MK
8/15 - Epcot
8/16 - DHS/Downtown Disney
8/17 - MK
8/18 - DHS
8/19 - Epcot
8/20 - MK

Under 60 days now :cool1: :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Looks like a great plan! What/where is the Neverland club? Is it expensive? Would love a quick adult only dinner date on our free day.

Thanks! Neverland club is in poly. It's $ 11.50 a hour per child. My girls will be there at dinner so they will get feed also for that price. I will probably do 3 hours so we can relax eat and enjoy Animal Kingdom Lodge. I think it's well worth it. Nothing like a romantic night at Disney. For us it will probably be our last chance to do this because we have a new baby girl coming in November Ill be 27 weeks when we go.

QOTD

Not a fan of the decision. I love Starbucks, but when you allow them to leach into portions of classic Disney, it sets a bad precedence. I can get Starbucks' pastries and their pre-made food items any day of the week. Since it appears these items will now be intermixed with some classic Disney bakery items, it seems to cheapen the overall experience. I'm not a Bakery regular, so it won't impact me that much, but I hope we don't see more of this in the future.

QOTD

I don't drink coffee, so I wouldn't go in there for that. I love the sights and smells of Main Street Bakery. As long as I can get my favorites, I'm fine with it. My mom loves coffee, although she doesn't care one way or the other about Starbucks. I think I'm more upset that they changed the icing on the cinnamon rolls than the fact that Starbucks moved in!!

Woohoo! New Thread! :cool1:

Just was reviewing the ADR's for the thread and it looks like I'll be hanging out with a few of you while I'm there.

We're going to MK this day, I'm assuming these two are as well. :cool1:

8/18
8:25AM - Crystal Palace - squirrel4569
8:25AM - 1900 Park Fare - HPCrazy
8:35AM - 1900 Park Fare - Loreli

Three of us at H&V all at the same time! party:

8/19
8:00AM - Hollywood & Vine - krd315
8:05AM - Hollywood & Vine - squirrel4569
8:05AM - Hollywood & Vine - wannabemini

Ending our trip with Ohana & MK. :thumbsup2

8/22
8:30AM - 'Ohana - Loreli
8:40AM - 'Ohana - squirrel4569
Oh this is Great! HPCrazy and I have already planned to meet so we will count you in at the GF that morning the 18th.
And 'Ohana will be a blast with all of us sporting our LGMH I am sure we will catch up and have a nice DisMeet!

QOTD

Personally, I like Starbucks, so I'm excited to see something other than Nescafe offered in the parks. I also like that you can use your DDP credits or your Sbux app (the latter will apply to me this trip). And I like that they are wearing their period costumes. That said, I do think they've modernized the old fashioned bakery feeling a bit too much. I'm fine with the product change, but I kind of wish they had kept some of the old feeling.
Love Starbucks coffee, don't remember the Main St Bakery.

Thanks! Neverland club is in poly. It's $ 11.50 a hour per child. My girls will be there at dinner so they will get feed also for that price. I will probably do 3 hours so we can relax eat and enjoy Animal Kingdom Lodge. I think it's well worth it. Nothing like a romantic night at Disney. For us it will probably be our last chance to do this because we have a new baby girl coming in November Ill be 27 weeks when we go.

Congratulations! Enjoy your Disney night! I just saw that the children have to be 3 and my youngest is only 2. Too bad bc my 4 year old would love it - though he has some special needs and is just 98% potty trained. Maybe next time!

QOTD

Totally agree. It was so disappointing to drink that brown water every morning on our first trip. I learned for the next two and sought out Joffrey's. Starbucks isn't my favorite, but I will gladly take it over Nescrape!

QOTD

We like starbucks too. I'll reserve judgement on the theming until I've been there to see it but If they sell the double chocolate chip frap I'll be happy pixiedust:

Totally agree. It was so disappointing to drink that brown water in our first trip. I learned for the next two. Starbucks isn't my favorite, but I will gladly take it!

I don't have a Starbucks anywhere around here so it's a real vacation treat whenever I am near a Starbucks in the U.S. to get a Skinny Caramel Macchiato. I probably only have 2 or 3 a year. I have to admit I am pretty excited to get one to drink while I watch the parade and fireworks at Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party this December:santa:

We never went in MSB much. We eat breakfast in the room and we would go past it at rope drop in the morning. So the only other time we ended up near it was on our way out. We stopped a few times to get something to eat but it was always packed and we could never get a table. I do understand some of the sadness at seeing something you love change, but we never had a big attachment to it the way it was. I think it will work better in the long run for serving more people.

QOTD

I agree!! I was at first a bit bummed it was something "outside" but I am interested to see how "Disney" it can be...

I worked at Hot Topic for three years. The men's sizes are pretty true to size unless it is a "slim fit" tee. Women's sizes run at least a size smaller than they say and they do shrink. I've never seen a problem with the quality of the shirts.

Great! Thanks for the info!!

I have all my dining ressies squared away.
Aug 26 Hollywood and Vine 4:55PM
27 Akershus 5:00PM
28 Garden Grill 4:15PM
29 Mickey's Backyard BBQ 6:30PM
30 Boma 6:25PM
31 O'hana 9:30AM
Sept 1 Marrakesh 6:00PM
2 Be Our Guest 4:20PM

SenecaWolf could I also get LGM with Mickey and the gang. Thank you. No rush I have 68 days. :goodvibes

My dates are wrong on the first page, we arrive on 8/5 not the 8th @ POR Thanks :thumbsup2

QOTD

I like starbucks too so I am good with that SB came to the world. I love that I can use my SB cards/app. Hopefully I will have some $$ on my app by then, LOL used my last of mine yesterday on a caramel ribbon crunch frapp.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter