ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Team August 2013 Thread! (Part 2)¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

QOTD

So, if you've been following the debates, controversies, articles, etc. over the opening of the Main Street Bakery as a Starbucks today, what's your opinion?

Personally, I like Starbucks, so I'm excited to see something other than Nescafe offered in the parks. I also like that you can use your DDP credits or your Sbux app (the latter will apply to me this trip). And I like that they are wearing their period costumes. That said, I do think they've modernized the old fashioned bakery feeling a bit too much. I'm fine with the product change, but I kind of wish they had kept some of the old feeling.

I don't drink coffee, I can't say either way on the bakery part till I see what they have, hope they still have the apple turnover & cinnamon bun:goodvibes

I am more excited about the new root beer slush in a souvenir boot at Pecos Bill's promoting The Lone Ranger:cool1: Call me crazy but in the August heat a ice cold root beer slush is going to be a lot more refreshing then a hot cup of coffee:confused3

I don't drink coffee, I can't say either way on the bakery part till I see what they have, hope they still have the apple turnover & cinnamon bun:goodvibes

I am more excited about the new root beer slush in a souvenir boot at Pecos Bill's promoting The Lone Ranger:cool1: Call me crazy but in the August heat a ice cold root beer slush is going to be a lot more refreshing then a hot cup of coffee:confused3

I read they don't serve the cinnamon bun any more but you can get it at gaston's.

We'll have to check out the root beer float!

Iced coffee in the summer, my friend. Always iced. :goodvibes
Root beer slushie sounds awesome, will definitely be giving that a try!

Love that idea! :scratchin Do you mind if I steal it?

Don't mind a bit & shared the idea for that exact reason -- steal away!! ;)

PS: Can I just say, HOLY COW, 6 pages already!? You can tell we are all really excited!!

Root beer slush?? Sounds amazing!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

QOTD

So, if you've been following the debates, controversies, articles, etc. over the opening of the Main Street Bakery as a Starbucks today, what's your opinion?

Personally, I like Starbucks, so I'm excited to see something other than Nescafe offered in the parks. I also like that you can use your DDP credits or your Sbux app (the latter will apply to me this trip). And I like that they are wearing their period costumes. That said, I do think they've modernized the old fashioned bakery feeling a bit too much. I'm fine with the product change, but I kind of wish they had kept some of the old feeling.

I love Starbucks. Great drinks, great company, I'm happy to support it. I have no attachment to the old Main Street Bakery. Things change, it's really not a big deal, so I roll with the punches as they say. I figure there are much more important issues for me to get upset about.

Don't mind a bit & shared the idea for that exact reason -- steal away!! ;)

PS: Can I just say, HOLY COW, 6 pages already!? You can tell we are all really excited!!

So excited! The only thing keeping me from going crazy right now is this thread and creating the embellishments for our autograph books with my cricut lol!

Just realized that in 7 weeks our flight will be taking off! :cool1::cool1:

Wow it sounds close when you put it like that!!:goodvibes

We're still at 65 days to go. Today is dd's last full day of high school before exams start. Ds is in grade 3 and still has until the end of next week. Then summer officially begins in this house:beach:

I haven't seen it yet, but my husband says we got our Mickey mail!!! We have to hide it from the kids so he checked the mail while I was gone, then I meant to check it out after the kids went to bed but we ended up going to bed shortly after! Then I thought I'd check it out this morning, but my husband left it in his car and had to leave for work at 4:30 am!! I may never get to see it at the rate I'm going!!

Anyway, long story short, according to my husband, Mickey mail has started arriving!!! :) :) :)

My little QOTD
Should I try to switch my dinner ADR at Garden Grill (CD Chip & Dale) for a dinner ADR at Coral Reef? DD7 LOVES Chip and Dale, however she has developed a love of sea turtles. When I asked her what she was looking forward to at Disney she talked all about seeing sea turtles.
Now - at Garden Grill you will get to see Chip & Dale, at Coral Reef you may not sit close enough to see the sea turtles, or they may swim by while you take a bite. Anyone with Coral Reef experience? And how's the food there anyway? :confused3

I haven't seen it yet, but my husband says we got our Mickey mail!!! We have to hide it from the kids so he checked the mail while I was gone, then I meant to check it out after the kids went to bed but we ended up going to bed shortly after! Then I thought I'd check it out this morning, but my husband left it in his car and had to leave for work at 4:30 am!! I may never get to see it at the rate I'm going!!

Anyway, long story short, according to my husband, Mickey mail has started arriving!!! :) :) :)

How exciting. When r u going to WDW? Did you guys pay off your balance recently or a while back or not yet? Did you do online check in? I'm waiting for mine to come!

My little QOTD
Should I try to switch my dinner ADR at Garden Grill (CD Chip & Dale) for a dinner ADR at Coral Reef? DD7 LOVES Chip and Dale, however she has developed a love of sea turtles. When I asked her what she was looking forward to at Disney she talked all about seeing sea turtles.
Now - at Garden Grill you will get to see Chip & Dale, at Coral Reef you may not sit close enough to see the sea turtles, or they may swim by while you take a bite. Anyone with Coral Reef experience? And how's the food there anyway? :confused3

Never been to either. Can you try and go to both for instance one for lunch and the other for dinner or breakfast?

As far at Starbucks, ❤!

My little QOTD

You could do lunch at Coral Reef and dinner at Garden Grill...? Do you see the turtles in the tanks at CR? This trip will be our first there...

40 days til we leave!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

How exciting. When r u going to WDW? Did you guys pay off your balance recently or a while back or not yet? Did you do online check in? I'm waiting for mine to come!

We have a room only ressie for the 3rd then a package for the 4th-10th so we have 45 days as of today. We paid off our balance a couple of weeks ago. We did not do online check in. I think ours may have been a little early since I had to call magical express directly since we have 2 families coming and leaving on 2 different flights but we are staying in one room. Any other questions?? ;)

Just realized that in 7 weeks our flight will be taking off! :cool1::cool1:

We are 9 weeks from Friday....I can hardly believe it! Summer goes soooo fast, our travel dates will be here before we know it! :thumbsup2

Wow it sounds close when you put it like that!!:goodvibes

We're still at 65 days to go. Today is dd's last full day of high school before exams start. Ds is in grade 3 and still has until the end of next week. Then summer officially begins in this house:beach:

Jake's exams started yesterday. He writes his final one on Friday, so we kick off summer on Friday at noon! :cheer2:

My little QOTD

Any chance you could squeeze in a day at SeaWorld to your trip? They have a wonderful attraction, Turtle Trek, that your DD would be in awe over.

We have changed resorts again...last time! We are now in POR (Aug 12-19) and we just paid in full. Now the waiting :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter