• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

«« When Will Park Hours For _____ Be Posted?

Looking at June hours for 2016 (at least up to the 9th) and June 2015 hours. The June 2015 shows parks opened much later (magic kingdom) Will they update them at a later time? or is something else going on.

Ok, a little frustrated. I have been waiting until the park hours are posted for June 2016. I have been patient about planning. I wanted to plan which parks for which days during my 2 week trip. I wanted to get my ADRs set up. But If they are not giving us the real hours and the real extended hours, how in the heck are you to do that? If these are not the actually planned hours of operation, then the posting of hours 6 months ahead is just an illusion. Ok, with all that said, is it best just to figure the hours will be the same as they were for June 2015? And when will the REAL park hours be posted?

Thanks
John

I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. As far as planning what parks to be in on which days, most people plan around EMH schedules, either choosing to avoid EMH days, or by going on EMH days, and those aren't going to change. I would recommend checking out the crowd calendar at easywdw.com for which park to visit on which day:

http://www.easywdw.com/calendar/june-2016-walt-disney-world-crowd-calendar/#more-16788

These two posts will give you an idea of when and what kind of changes were made in last year's June calendar:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...-world-operating-schedule-changes/#more-15175

http://www.easywdw.com/news/june-2015-disney-world-operating-schedule-changes/

I have been tracking the Park Hours update pattern for the last few weeks. WDW is incrementing the calendar daily, 190 days in advance. Today, the June 29th park hours were posted, tomorrow, June 30th etc. If you are planning a 10 day trip, this presents a planning challenge as the park hours associated with the last day of your trip become available at the (important) 180 day mark.

I have read about a "Travel Agent" version of the WDW calendar. Is this available to the public? Does this calendar provide visibility to park hours more than 190 days in advance? Thanks everyone for your input.

I have been tracking the Park Hours update pattern for the last few weeks. WDW is incrementing the calendar daily, 190 days in advance. Today, the June 29th park hours were posted, tomorrow, June 30th etc. If you are planning a 10 day trip, this presents a planning challenge as the park hours associated with the last day of your trip become available at the (important) 180 day mark.

I have read about a "Travel Agent" version of the WDW calendar. Is this available to the public? Does this calendar provide visibility to park hours more than 190 days in advance? Thanks everyone for your input.

The travel agents calendar is available to the public. It's released a full calendar month at a time, about 6/12 months ahead of time. Here's the link to June's:

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDWTravelAgent_JUNE.pdf

Just change June to July if you need July (July just came out a few days ago.)

Thanks Siskaren; how do you receive notification when the next months (July, August etc) calendar is becomes available?

I'm not aware of any way to receive a notification, however, Josh at easyWDW.com uses the travel agents calendar to create his crowd calendars, so you can keep an eye on his site for when he posts each month's crowd calendar. The only other way I know of to find out when the next month's calendar comes out is to just keep checking for the month you want. So right now, if you were to change June to August in the link I provided, you would get last year's August calendar, but if you start checking about Jan 15, it should change to 2016.

Do you think they will update the hours for March? I was able to get an ADR for CP on the 16th for 8:30, but I will cancel it if the park opens at 8 instead. Right now it says the park is opening at 9.

Going in May the EMH are already posted. No late EMH for Magic Kingdom on the weekends do they ever add late hours after they post?
Really would like to be in Magic Kingdom later. TIA

Okay, so I am basically a WDW virgin, (I've been twice, more than 15 years ago). I always go to the original Disneyland, but we're taking the kiddos to WDW in June for their first time. I'm looking at the hours posted for June 8-13th, during the Summer, does the Magic Kingdom really close at 10pm?! In California, they say open til midnight just about every night.

Ok, a little frustrated. I have been waiting until the park hours are posted for June 2016. I have been patient about planning. I wanted to plan which parks for which days during my 2 week trip. I wanted to get my ADRs set up. But If they are not giving us the real hours and the real extended hours, how in the heck are you to do that? If these are not the actually planned hours of operation, then the posting of hours 6 months ahead is just an illusion. Ok, with all that said, is it best just to figure the hours will be the same as they were for June 2015? And when will the REAL park hours be posted?

Thanks
John

I totally get you!!! We do not plan around EMH AT ALL, except for a second day at MK when they're open until 2am, but we don't plan out dining that day. For everything else it's all about the actual park hours, which is huge to know with ADR's! We don't use crowd calendars, and I don't even look at the EMH. It's super frustrating that they can still change!!! August's hours are already out and honestly, they've been no help because they are most likely not accurate. I too wonder if I'd be better off comparing to last years days or if it has nothing to do with that at all. The good thing is that I usually find the fireworks times to still be accurate, which is pretty helpful for dining.

I agree! We are also going in June and was wondering the same thing... Between not knowing about AK hours with ROL and the EMH.... I give up!

How long does it take for them to update entertainment hours? im trying to mark some entertainment for MK on my schedule for 2/29 and half of the things i want to see have an unavailable schedule.

How long does it take for them to update entertainment hours? im trying to mark some entertainment for MK on my schedule for 2/29 and half of the things i want to see have an unavailable schedule.

What kind of things are you looking for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter