~ºoº November 27, 2010- Western Magic! ºoº~

I am about to BURST with Excitement!!!!

A short recap of my last say 9 months!

I lived in CT, I moved to Orlando in September, I was out of work from September till February. I worked almost a month and had to Quit. Well.........

Today Disney Casting called me and hired me over the phone!!!!! I start on TUESDAY!!!!!!

I get to work at the Happiest Place on Earth! :dance3::cheer2::cheer2::yay::woohoo::banana: :worship:

HIP HIP HOORAY!
Amy, I am so happy for you! That is my dream too! When I retire to Florida, about 7 - 8 more years, I hope to work at Disney too! :woohoo:

That is great LivingtheWDWDream! We live in MA so I can't imagine what a change to move to FL from CT. And now to be hired by Disney - congratulations! Do you know what you'll be doing?

I am definitely a planner - can't wait to check out the cruising websites. I am hoping to get a trip to WDW in this fall to hold us over until next November!

HIP HIP HOORAY!
Amy, I am so happy for you! That is my dream too! When I retire to Florida, about 7 - 8 more years, I hope to work at Disney too! :woohoo:

Thank you so much and I hope you can follow your dreams too!

That is great LivingtheWDWDream! We live in MA so I can't imagine what a change to move to FL from CT. And now to be hired by Disney - congratulations! Do you know what you'll be doing?

I am definitely a planner - can't wait to check out the cruising websites. I am hoping to get a trip to WDW in this fall to hold us over until next November!

It was a BIG change but worth it overall! I love it here and now I have a job at the Happiest Place on Earth!

I will be in the Magic Kingdom, at a Quick Service Food Location. I was told Pecos Bills but that is subject to change so we will see what works out!

Here I thought the most exciting thing I'd do today was book Free Dining for September :lmao::lmao::lmao: THIS IS BETTER!!

Amy, After I read your post, I called my daughter who holds the reservation for us in August. She had already called and got the free dining for us! The two of them are going for sure, I'll have to know by July for sure.

That is awesome!!! Glad you got it! We aren't sure what we will do now that I work for the MOUSE. LOL.

I start on Tuesday! I can't really discuss "things" but I'm excited!

Did I tell you that my daughter used to work for Disney? Her original job was in MK she was at the gate--I don't remember the name. She also worked the parade. Her big accomplishment while there was that she was sent to CA for the opening of DCA. She worked the planning of the opening of the park--the press, guests and such. She also worked in the planning of the 100th Anniversary party at MK event. She left just a little too early because a friend from HR said that she would have been picked to help with the opening of Disneyland Paris.

Calling for nasty weather to come into Michigan tomorrow. May even see snow flurries. Up north of us calling for a foot of snow.

Alot of training your first couple of weeks. You know you have to learn the Disney way! Be thinking about you! I'll have to look you up in August!

Have a great weekend!

That is AWESOME!!!

I went to Animal Kingdom today. They were holding an Annual Passholder's Event there. A Gorilla Series Seminar. We had to go to Conservation Station at 10:30am. We got there figuring it was just some talk about Gorillas but it was free and Disney so why not. Well, we were brought BACKSTAGE and shown how they are working in the DR of Congo trying to protect Gorillas and then after they were done they loaded us into Vans and brought us back to the area where the Gorillas live and we go to see the Gorilla's sleeping quarters, and food Prep areas. They showed us what they use to Enrich the animals lives etc. It was SOOOOO Cool! Being Backstage!

After the Seminar we had lunch at Pizzafari and saw Festival of the Lion King. We then went on Everest and headed out of the park after a Orange Juice Frozen Bar YUMMO!!

I have Traditions on Tuesday and then will find out my training schedule which will rock! I can't wait!!

That was sooo cool! I called my daughter and shared with her! Oh to be in Orlando! :lovestruc

We have had just rain so far. Heard it through the night so it must have been raining pretty hard. The furnace is running too.

Just some cleaning and sewing to do today.

I'm getting real excited about coming down!

Another boost! We are suppose to hit close to 60 degrees today before the rain moves in tonight.

Last day of school before spring break starts tomorrow. Dentist appt for the boys after school today.

Sorry been crazy since I started and so far I love it but haven't actually gotten to my workplace yet that will be on the 10th but so far I had my orientation and some computer classes. I can't tell you much other then that You should do the the Keys to the Kingdom Tour at the MK as that is pretty much the tour CM's at the MK get.

Other then that, My lips are sealed :)

Sorry been crazy since I started and so far I love it but haven't actually gotten to my workplace yet that will be on the 10th but so far I had my orientation and some computer classes. I can't tell you much other then that You should do the the Keys to the Kingdom Tour at the MK as that is pretty much the tour CM's at the MK get.

Other then that, My lips are sealed :)

Been there done that! I could add one more--read The Kingdom Keepers--more accurate than you ever know!

Glad to hear everything is going great, Amy!

We are on spring break here. Wish we were in Florida, even with the crowds! Looking like snow for the first of next week! Hopefully, clearing up for the next baseball practice which is on Thursday!

We are considering this sailing date to use with our cruise voucher we received for buying BLT at DVC at the Doorway to Dreams in Woodfield Mall. It would be me, DH and DD8 and DD2 at the time of sailing. It would be our second cruise. Our first is a 3 day over Easter 2010. I was also considering the Eastern, but that would have to be in early Nov. for us and I thought it would be nice to go when the Christmas decorations were up. Are there things I will be able to do with a two year old at these ports, or short excursions that will allow me to get back to Flounders to feed the little one.

We are considering this sailing date to use with our cruise voucher we received for buying BLT at DVC at the Doorway to Dreams in Woodfield Mall. It would be me, DH and DD8 and DD2 at the time of sailing. It would be our second cruise. Our first is a 3 day over Easter 2010. I was also considering the Eastern, but that would have to be in early Nov. for us and I thought it would be nice to go when the Christmas decorations were up. Are there things I will be able to do with a two year old at these ports, or short excursions that will allow me to get back to Flounders to feed the little one.

Hi! I've been on the Western once. Had two 12 year olds at the time. But, I did spend alot of my time with a family that had a 2 year old! As far as Grand Cayman goes, we were not allowed to anchor and tender in because of the waves. We had planned to go on a yacht with a group there. We were also going to visit Seven Mile Beach. In Cozumel, you get off the ship right at lots of shopping. We went to a private beach/club there. Chankanaab is also a consideration. We've also been on the Eastern once. St. Martin has beautiful beaches just be careful which ones you go to! St. Thomas also had shopping pretty close.

Hope that answers some questions. I've never been on the ship without the Christmas decorations!!

Welcome to the Cruise! this will be my first western if we definitely go on this sailing (its so far away who knows what might pop up plus I have to find out if we can get the time off from work for it.) Hopefully it all works out but if not then we will have to decide what to move it to but we have MONTHS to decide this LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter