“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can bus from HS directly to FW, but the bus will drop you at the front of the resort and you’ll need to take the internal shuttle back, so allow for extra time. Personally, I’d take a Minnie Van as they’ll be able to take you all the way back.

Is Minnie Van still $20 per ride?

So here's an interesting take on the FP+ situation.

We have a party of 4 people going early August. Three of us (myself, DW, and DD15) have APs. The fourth person (DD's BFF) only has a 7-day pass. We also bought tickets for MNSSHP on August 28th. Yesterday I booked our 7-days of FP+ for the trip - and THEN I booked two FP+ for just before the party. One is from 4:20 to 5:20 PM and the other is from 5:30 PM to 6 PM.

So - for 3 of us, that 8th set of FP+ should not cause any problems. We're AP holders, and in theory could book FP+ for every day of our 10 day stay. Our potential problem lies with the 4th member of our party. I have seen posted here that Disney has sent warning e-mails about canceling FP. But what would they do in THIS case? Would I get an e-mail warning about the single person or about the whole group? It's been a day and I haven't seen an e-mail. Would they cancel my last day without warning me? We have FOP booked on our last day and I REALLY don't want to lose it! Should I only worry if I get an e-mail, or should I be worried anyways?

it occurred to me to just leave the MNSSHP FPs booked for just THREE of us, and then one of us adults could ride with the two kids. We could give DDs BFF one of our MB to ride the ride.

We have a party of 4 people going early August. Three of us (myself, DW, and DD15) have APs. The fourth person (DD's BFF) only has a 7-day pass. We also bought tickets for MNSSHP on August 28th. Yesterday I booked our 7-days of FP+ for the trip - and THEN I booked two FP+ for just before the party. One is from 4:20 to 5:20 PM and the other is from 5:30 PM to 6 PM.

So - for 3 of us, that 8th set of FP+ should not cause any problems. We're AP holders, and in theory could book FP+ for every day of our 10 day stay. Our potential problem lies with the 4th member of our party. I have seen posted here that Disney has sent warning e-mails about canceling FP. But what would they do in THIS case? Would I get an e-mail warning about the single person or about the whole group? It's been a day and I haven't seen an e-mail. Would they cancel my last day without warning me? We have FOP booked on our last day and I REALLY don't want to lose it! Should I only worry if I get an e-mail, or should I be worried anyways?

it occurred to me to just leave the MNSSHP FPs booked for just THREE of us, and then one of us adults could ride with the two kids. We could give DDs BFF one of our MB to ride the ride.

I'm getting déjà vu reading this. I'm not sure where it was posted or who posted this scenario but it's here, somewhere, either in the 2017 FP cancellation thread or the 2017 main thread. From what I remember the issue was the same, the last day of FP's were gone and only effected the non AP holder. They went to AK and the coveted FP's were gone. It took a while to fix and this part is a bit sketchy but I believe the group missed the first set of FP's but a CM did give them a set for their trouble.

There are posts from AP's that were effected as well so please do not assume you're safe, because you're not. The truth is no one is safe. We really have no way to track how many this effected because not all share their story which is really sad. The more we know the better our chances of finding a solution.

Should you or anyone worry, no. Last year, Disney was inundated with emails not just from us on the DIS but throughout which prompted Disney to send notifications. If you get an email there's nothing to panic about, just make a phone call and get it resolved. Call IT directly - Internet Help Desk (407) 939-4357. Yes, it's a pain in the butt and it may take time out of your day however, this is the most reliable way to resolve your FP issues.

I can honestly say to everyone, forget the emails you will not get a straight answer. So many of us tried but it was futile. I did not have issues with my FP's but felt responsible to those who posted itineraries on my thread, they needed answers and I didn't have them. This is an accumulation of what I received from Disney: Post #177

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

As the outcomes have been different for many folks, I’ll post only what my personal experience was in a similar situation....

I am the only AP holder in my family. For both MNSSHP and MVMCP last year I was able to book party FPs for my entire group of 4 with no adverse effects to any of us. I would think, though, that if there were any repercussions if your case, it would only affect the non AP holder. Just watch your email and FP selections carefully.

I would think, though, that if there were any repercussions if your case, it would only affect the non AP holder. Just watch your email and FP selections carefully.

Why would it only effect a non AP holder when AP holders posted what happened to them. No one is safe.

Why would it only effect a non AP holder when AP holders posted what happened to them. No one is safe.
Because the AP holder has sufficient ticket entitlements.

ETA: I can’t recall any APs having their FPs cancelled, so I may be wrong, but I thought the issue was # of FP days exceeded # of ticket entitlements, which would not be an issue for an AP (assuming no AP rules are broken...i.e. more than 7 days booked in a 30 day period with no onsite stay).

Because the AP holder has sufficient ticket entitlements.

ETA: I can’t recall any APs having their FPs cancelled, so I may be wrong, but I thought the issue was # of FP days exceeded # of ticket entitlements, which would not be an issue for an AP (assuming no AP rules are broken...i.e. more than 7 days booked in a 30 day period with no onsite stay).

Yes, that's true all AP holders think they're entitled :worship: JUST KIDDING :upsidedow

You're under the impression this mess was based on "insufficient ticket entitlements" but the reality is we have no clue why this convoluted predicament occurred in the first place. @Queen of the WDW Scene specifically created the 2017 Cancellation thread for the sole purpose of trying to find a common indicator which would separate those who had their FP's cancelled as opposed to those who didn't. That common indicator is still unknown. Far as I'm concerned, no one is safe and for 2018 reports are just now trickling in.

Yes, that's true all AP holders think they're entitled :worship: JUST KIDDING :upsidedow

You're under the impression this mess was based on "insufficient ticket entitlements" but the reality is we have no clue why this convoluted predicament occurred in the first place. @Queen of the WDW Scene specifically created the 2017 Cancellation thread for the sole purpose of trying to find a common indicator which would separate those who had their FP's cancelled as opposed to those who didn't. That common indicator is still unknown. Far as I'm concerned, no one is safe and for 2018 reports are just now trickling in.

I still think it is potentially linked to people that had made contact with Disney to modify their reservations. It seemed like a number of people that had their last day of FP+ deleted had mentioned calling to change something and then they got a warning email.

I booked my trip/bought my party ticket and then made FP+ and let everything ride meaning I never contacted Disney for any reason after that and I did not receive a warning email.

Again maybe it has nothing to do with it but it just seemed like many people were saying it happened after talking to Disney about something.

I also think some people were just confused as to how it works with a party ticket because you have to book your other days first and then the party day.
Why that is? I don't know but I just know that's how it works lol.

I still think it is potentially linked to people that had made contact with Disney to modify their reservations. It seemed like a number of people that had their last day of FP+ deleted had mentioned calling to change something and then they got a warning email.

I booked my trip/bought my party ticket and then made FP+ and let everything ride meaning I never contacted Disney for any reason after that and I did not receive a warning email.

Again maybe it has nothing to do with it but it just seemed like many people were saying it happened after talking to Disney about something.

I also think some people were just confused as to how it works with a party ticket because you have to book your other days first and then the party day.

Thank you so much for hosting that thread! Honestly it got me frustrated and I didn't stay with it, do you remember reading any reports about AP's being effected? I know I read a few but I cannot say with the utmost certainty they were effected directly. Thank you! And I'm really happy to have you here!!! :hug:

I'm going to throw out a few AP holders that I remember and maybe they can shed a light on what they encountered or heard if anything at all.

@Lesley Wake , @Roxyfire , @Disneylover99

Last edited:
Thank you so much for hosting that thread! Honestly it got me frustrated and I didn't stay with it, do you remember reading any reports about AP's being effected? I know I read a few but I cannot say with the utmost certainty they were effected directly. Thank you! And I'm really happy to have you here!!! :hug:
I feel like I remember that AP was possibly affected if they were trying to make more than 7 days worth which is their allotted amounted for a 30 day period? Sorry I dont know much about APs to give a super accurate answer.
Btw I'm hoping to book my August trip this week as long as flight prices come down for my dates when Southwest releases more dates this Thursday. Last time they released more dates my friends September flight prices dropped like a rock. When flight prices are right it makes justifying the unplanned trips that much easier to do lol.
60 days would be June 30th so really need to book if I want the FP advantage.

I feel like I remember that AP was possibly affected if they were trying to make more than 7 days worth which is their allotted amounted for a 30 day period? Sorry I dont know much about APs to give a super accurate answer.
Btw I'm hoping to book my August trip this week as long as flight prices come down for my dates when Southwest releases more dates this Thursday. Last time they released more dates my friends September flight prices dropped like a rock. When flight prices are right it makes justifying the unplanned trips that much easier to do lol.
60 days would be June 30th so really need to book if I want the FP advantage.

Plus Disney has some nice discounts too! Good luck and please come back anytime! It's always a pleasure talking with you! :thumbsup2

When we went in March we had dah tickets and 2 day hoppers. I ended up calling before our trip and added another park ticket so we had 3 day hoppers instead. While at Disney I got the email about losing FPS so you may be on to something.

Regarding the added experiences on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride: Does anyone know, will these be happening starting at 4PM, or only during actual party time?
No one will know with certainty until the first party, but in the past, party exclusive events have either started at 7 or were limited to those with party wristbands. Since the ride would be all or nothing, I’d guess it won’t start until 7.

No one will know with certainty until the first party, but in the past, party exclusive events have either started at 7 or were limited to those with party wristbands. Since the ride would be all or nothing, I’d guess it won’t start until 7.
It could start at 6pm since the park closes at 6pm. But I think you are right and it will start at 7pm.

Regarding the added experiences on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride: Does anyone know, will these be happening starting at 4PM, or only during actual party time?

What a great question! I agree with others 6-7pm but not any earlier.

You can bus from HS directly to FW, but the bus will drop you at the front of the resort and you’ll need to take the internal shuttle back, so allow for extra time. Personally, I’d take a Minnie Van as they’ll be able to take you all the way back.

I know it depends on traffic and all, but does a 20 minute ride to FW sound about right? Fantasmic (as of now) is scheduled for 8:00 and we have reservations for the 10:00 Return to Sleepy Hollow. Would you think there's enough time for both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter