“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

This means our trip has been canceled.
Sorry, to hear that.
I booked a trip for 4/25-5/2.
I do admire your optimism, though. Our proposed date isn't until June... and I'm doubting we'll make that.
she really won’t miss any school because her college, like many, will be doing all online classes through April.
Same with my youngest DD.
Okay Everyone, stay safe out there and as a nurse, wash your hands often and for 20 seconds vigorously! Don’t touch your eyes, nose, or mouth especially if you haven’t washed your hands!!
Yes, ma'am!

As most of you all know, unless you live under a rock, Parks in Florida will be closed until the end of March. :sad:
Sorry, Caroline! :( I've felt so badly for those with trips that had to be canceled - especially those with "once in a lifetime" trips they'd probably looked forward to for years. Ugh. I hope this thing goes away asap. I work in a public library and am taking so many precautions to keep our patrons, staff, and volunteers (many elderly) safe - it's exhausting!

I literally did everything on my phone during a short work break, phew 😅 glad I am WDW savvy 🤣
:thumbsup2 Yay you! Yes, at least you're super WDW savvy ::yes::

Wishing you a happy countdown for your April trip! I'm so glad you were able to get something else booked in your March trip's place :goodvibes

I do admire your optimism, though. Our proposed date isn't until June... and I'm doubting we'll make that.
I know, I am hoping it works out because our AP’s expire in early May but if it doesn’t not a biggie at least we have been many times!
Yay you! Yes, at least you're super WDW savvy ::yes::

Wishing you a happy countdown for your April trip! I'm so glad you were able to get something else booked in your March trip's place
Thank you Tracy! I hope we make this one!
I'm so sorry Caroline. This just sucks for so many people...
Thank goodness you were able to rebook without much difficulty!
Thanks Jenny, I hope things are much better by the end of April!

Hello Everyone!

When I left off, Andi and I were heading to DS via boat 🚣‍♂️ from OKW. We had said goodbye to the resort and had a delicious lunch to look forward to. The boat ride from the resorts is so relaxing 😎 I love it.
IMG_Mar12020at51511PM.jpg
I was able to make a reservation at Frontera Cocina for lunch. It was time for us to head over as soon as we arrived. We checked in and had about a 5 minute wait. The place was really busy and they do take walk ups, which is nice!
This restaurant is loud, it is not a place for a quiet meal. I’m not sure if the design leads to the poor acoustics or what, it echos and is loud.
IMG_Mar142020at73152AM.jpg
We decided to have appetizers for lunch. Andi chose the queso dip, red beans, and guacamole with chips. I also added the chicken flautas. The chicken appetizer was a hit for me! These were so fresh and delicious. The crispy tortilla had a nice crunch and the fresh herbs and cotija cheese added such a nice flavor. We shared the queso and guacamole. Both of these tasted delicious 😋 The food was so fresh, definitely not made ahead of time! Our waiter was nice and somewhat efficient. He did have a couple big tables and would disappear for awhile. :sad2: We were not in a rush and took it in stride. It did take awhile to get our check.
Chicken Flauta
IMG_Mar142020at73256AM.jpg
IMG_Mar142020at73349AM.jpg
The other appetizers
IMG_Mar142020at73429AM.jpg

IMG_Mar142020at73516AM.jpg
The salsa was delicious with fresh herb flavor
Once we finished up and paid, we shopped At Uniqlo again!

I did buy a couple more T-shirts. I will point them out as I wear them. Andi bought a pair of pants at the Volcum store. We got a text for our room at CSR and decided to head out.

We did have to wait about 30 minutes for a bus this afternoon, yuck! I took a picture of the Dumbo bus while waiting.
IMG_Mar142020at73606AM.jpg
We did get a new bus, here is a picture of the inside of a new bus. There are charging areas all over the new buses. We rode on a Daisy bus to CSR.
IMG_Mar142020at73754AM.jpg
Our room was in Casitas building 4. This was perfect. Very quiet and not far from the bus station and the main building. I didn’t take any pictures, not sure why?? The room was clean and I love the large counter surface in these rooms. It really is nice. I was tired out and we both took a little rest. Andi was going to meet her friend at Epcot for the evening and I was going to meet my Dis friends at DS.

I headed back to DS around 5-6pm and met up with Molly at The World of Disney. We visited and shopped around the stores. We bought a few treats at Goofy’s candy shop.

We made our way to The Hanger bar and met up with Ariane, Steve, Melinda, R, Jenny, and Joe. It was very nice to visit with them. I ordered the Cool Headed Monkey 🐵 and the Ahi Tuna tacos for a snack.
IMG_Mar142020at73902AM.jpg
The tacos were not my favorite. We have a place near here that makes the best tuna tacos. The tuna tonight was over done.

I totally failed on getting any pictures except my drink. I had such a fun evening with everyone! Su-Lynn and Steve stopped by for a drink as well. This was my first visit at Jock Lindsey’s and it was really fun! Just be warned the chairs are uncomfortable especially if you are there for a spell!

After an enjoyable evening with the Dis gang, We all departed and went our separate ways. I walked out with Molly and Steve had to give us directions, 😂 without Andi I am pretty bad at finding my way around DS.

I headed to the bus area and headed back to our room. Andi was back and enjoying the quiet room. Not a loud kid in site, happy dance 💃! We relaxed and enjoyed some sweets from Goofy’s before going to bed. The beds 🛌 are so comfortable here!
IMG_Mar142020at74024AM.jpg
Day 6 is now in the books!

Frontera Cocina with AP and tip=$55.00

Goofy’s with AP=$12.00

Jock Lindsey’s, no discounts=$37.98

Pretzel, slush, cookie at HS=$17.00

Total today is $121.98

Stay tuned for Day 7, the arctic cold comes a calling!

Last edited:

As most of you all know, unless you live under a rock, Parks in Florida will be closed until the end of March. :sad:
I had a feeling this may happen and a couple days ago I booked a trip for 4/25-5/2.

Oh no, I'm so sorry your trip got hit by this. If things move the way the experts think, I'm not sure the park will be back open in time for your reschedule either. Good news is they're extending APs by the length of the closure, so you'll have a few months when they do reopen to tack on a trip.

he chicken appetizer was a hit for me! These were so fresh and delicious. The crispy tortilla had a nice crunch and the fresh herbs and cotija cheese added such a nice flavor. We shared the queso and guacamole. Both of these tasted delicious 😋 The food was so fresh, definitely not made ahead of time!

Yum! I never hear anything about this place but everything sounds delicious.

I ordered the Cool Headed Monkey

That cup is adorable! I'd be ordering it for the mug alone.

Believe me I am so sorry about your trip; I happen to know tons of people who have had to cancel or reschedule and it's just such a depressing thing. Hard to explain the feelings going on right now with all that's happening (and not happening) :( But it's great that later dates work for you guys and I am seriously hoping you get to go!

Our room was in Casitas building 4.
All 4 times we've stayed at CSR we've been in Casitas and I think it's the best location
I totally failed on getting any pictures except my drink. I had such a fun evening with everyone! Su-Lynn and Steve stopped by for a drink as well. This was my first visit at Jock Lindsey’s and it was really fun! Just be warned the chairs are uncomfortable especially if you are there for a spell!
So glad you joined us! And you're right about the chairs lol, I think the trick is drinking enough Cool Headed Monkey's to forget how uncomfortable :rotfl:

It was ridiculous and it jus went on and on

I think I'd have called and complained. I do think they take care of things like that.

Thanks! You should have seen our plans a few years ago we got so much done and we were up super early everyday. That does get old fast haha 😂

It sure does. But, I do like the early mornings, get the stuff done and take a break in the afternoons when the parks are so busy.

I had a feeling this may happen and a couple days ago I booked a trip for 4/25-5/2. I found an AP rate at POFQ.
I was able to get good FP+ for the most part. I did get MM Railway, SDD, and 7DMT. I couldn’t snag a FoP, however, I won’t give up on this!

Yeah... I did too, but look at all that you got! Nice!!! You got all the good ones, and don't give up on FOP. I think with persistence you'll be able to find one.

glad I am WDW savvy 🤣
I will continue on with my trip report from January and hope to have it finished by the April trip.

You totally are. :laughing:

IMG_Mar142020at73349AM.jpg
What a great presentation and they do look delicious. I have never had Frontera on my radar, but this sure makes me want to change my mind. :)

We made our way to The Hanger bar and met up with Ariane, Steve, Melinda, R, Jenny, and Joe. It was very nice to visit with them. I ordered the Cool Headed Monkey 🐵 and the Ahi Tuna tacos for a snack.

Love the Hangar!! I have the Cool Headed Monkey cup and use it as my pen holder on my coffee table. :)

I am pretty bad at finding my way around DS.

Me too!!! It is SO confusing in there now.

I got so far behind but am finally all caught up again! You really have had an eventful trip. So glad the fun times outweighed the crazy I’ll-mannered times caused by rowdy kids in both restaurants and neighbouring rooms. Your new room sounds like the perfect retreat after a great dismeet! No better way to end the day than treats from Goofy’s 👍😊

I love reading about your trip! We own at OKW and have been lucky NOT to have a loud family- that would be the worst. Glad you were able to move.

We also had a trip scheduled for the end of March along with the Villains after hours - we've moved our trip to October and we'll just have to do MNNSHP!

We just did more damage here last week. LOL!
We always find something at Uniqlo
It was such a fun evening!!!!
It really was a fun one!
Yep, me too. How did that happen???? LOL!
The cool headed monkeys are to blame lol 😝
I'm so sorry you had to cancel your March trip - glad you were able to rebook! Crossing my fingers that all is well in April
Here is to hoping things improve sooner than later!
Those look soooooo good!
Frontera Cocina is highly recommendable in my opinion!
So sorry to hear about your March trip, fingers crossed that everything opens up for April!
Thanks, if not we will go in August again! I just wanted to get one more time with AP’s before they expire!

Oh no, I'm so sorry your trip got hit by this. If things move the way the experts think, I'm not sure the park will be back open in time for your reschedule either. Good news is they're extending APs by the length of the closure, so you'll have a few months when they do reopen to tack on a trip.
Yes, everything is up in the air, I just really want to get one more trip in before the AP’s expire, fingers crossed!
Yum! I never hear anything about this place but everything sounds delicious.
This is our third time here and all 3 meals have been very enjoyable
That cup is adorable! I'd be ordering it for the mug alone.
The mug was so cute and the drink was good!
Believe me I am so sorry about your trip; I happen to know tons of people who have had to cancel or reschedule and it's just such a depressing thing. Hard to explain the feelings going on right now with all that's happening (and not happening) :( But it's great that later dates work for you guys and I am seriously hoping you get to go!
I’m sure it has been a nightmare for you! I’m trying to be optimistic and hope all is okay by the end of April, if not I will try to plan for another time. Our AP’s expire the beginning of May, however we will have some days added!
All 4 times we've stayed at CSR we've been in Casitas and I think it's the best location
I think next timeI would do preferred room for that area!
So glad you joined us! And you're right about the chairs lol, I think the trick is drinking enough Cool Headed Monkey's to forget how uncomfortable
I agree! The company and drinks make it well worth it! 😍

I think I'd have called and complained. I do think they take care of things like that.
We called 4 times and only got verbal apologies and no offers to change anything. Inked to switch rooms all 4 times and was always told nothing available yikes!
t sure does. But, I do like the early mornings, get the stuff done and take a break in the afternoons when the parks are so busy.
We love the mornings, we always get so much done!
Yeah... I did too, but look at all that you got! Nice!!! You got all the good ones, and don't give up on FOP. I think with persistence you'll be able to find one.
I was happy with the ones I got! Our lineup for this March trip was a little better but oh well!
What a great presentation and they do look delicious. I have never had Frontera on my radar, but this sure makes me want to change my mind.
Highly recommended by me, we have been 3x!
Love the Hangar!! I have the Cool Headed Monkey cup and use it as my pen holder on my coffee table. :)
It was so fun and I had never been there before
Me too!!! It is SO confusing in there now.
I’m always getting lost in DS!

I got so far behind but am finally all caught up again! You really have had an eventful trip. So glad the fun times outweighed the crazy I’ll-mannered times caused by rowdy kids in both restaurants and neighbouring rooms. Your new room sounds like the perfect retreat after a great dismeet! No better way to end the day than treats from Goofy’s 👍😊
No worries, life does have to happen!
This was by far the trip that we had to call and complain so many times, I hate having to do that except this was very bad. It was like we were sitting in the center of a very active day care!
It was a lovely evening at Jock’s with the Dis gang!

So sorry your March trip had to be pushed back. Crazy times right now. But what a relief you were able to snag some decent FPs for your new dates.

What a fun night with DISers! It was like a little Epic trip reunion.

I love reading about your trip! We own at OKW and have been lucky NOT to have a loud family- that would be the worst. Glad you were able to move.

We also had a trip scheduled for the end of March along with the Villains after hours - we've moved our trip to October and we'll just have to do MNNSHP!
:wave2: Welcome and Thanks For Joining!
I really was looking forward to this trip and the Villians after hours! Oh well at least we can reschedule right? If our April trip doesn’t work out we will go later in the year. We love MNSSHP such a fun party. It makes me feel like a young girl!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter