04/27/11 DCL's WONDERful LA-VANCOUVER REPO ON THE WAY TO ALAKSA

First you need a smartphone and the ability to download apps.
Second you need to download and install a barcode reader application on your phone. On my iPhone I use NeoReader, which is free.
Third you start the application and hold the camera like you are taking a picture of the barcode. The reader will identify and read the barcode and a moment later tell you what data was in it.

If you can find me at the port, I'll happily show you how it's done with a two dimensional barcode or two.
Well, I have an Android Incredible, and download lots of apps, so I'll look in the "market" for a barcode reader, then I should be able to do it. THANKS! :thumbsup2

Second you need to download and install a barcode reader application on your phone. On my iPhone I use NeoReader, which is free.
Third you start the application and hold the camera like you are taking a picture of the barcode. The reader will identify and read the barcode and a moment later tell you what data was in it.

If you can find me at the port, I'll happily show you how it's done with a two dimensional barcode or two.

OK......downloaded ScanLife. GOT IT! Thanks! :thumbsup2

Here is what I have for THE ROSTER.
RosterQR.png
<< or Scan the Barcode with your Cellphone
There is a link to a picture of the lovely Ken so you can find him for your lanyards.

I will do one more update this weekend.
If you have any additional info or picture to send PM me.

Enjoy the weekend.:goodvibes

One more list? :rotfl2: thanks!

O M G !!!! :eek:

I have not been able to find my oldest daughter's passport. :scared1: I just realized a few days ago that it was not in our file :confused: she reminded me that she had to bring it to her new job :sad2:

I have been working like crazy to close and ticket two of my large group cruise events today :surfweb: (I really don't want to work onboard the B2B) - and have been going thru random boxes, drawers, etc. for a few minutes here and there as tickets and luggage tags are printing.

Well ... of all places ... it was in a zippy bag on our FoosBall Table under our formal wear discards!!! :confused3 I am sure I thought that was a safe place at the time!! :headache: Don't remember tossing it there ... and don't really care ... because now we are all set :woohoo::yay::woohoo:

But I was going crazy trying to figure out where it could be!! :dance3: It would have been hard to leave her behind while we went on the Helicopter Glacier Trek. :rotfl:

Just didn't think anyone else would understand how relieved I am. :worship: I was trying not to freak out, but I just couldn't even guess where it might be. That's my bit of pixie dust for the day!! pixiedust:

Thanks for listening!! :grouphug: See you soon!! :goodvibes

Oh! :scared1: I would have freaked out to! So glad you found it!

OK......downloaded ScanLife. GOT IT! Thanks! :thumbsup2

I'll have to try that too - I have a Droid. Of course, I have to find my glasses to read it. I'll be glad when there are more apps for the Nookcolor!

Well, I just have a few last minute items to pack, and then heading to bed - we have to get up at 3:30am - flight at 5:30, tiny airport. I'm bummed that we will have chilly weather in LA tomorrow, too - can't a person get some sunshine? :confused3 See you all onboard - Safe Travels!pirate:pirate:

Opps, lost me on step one! I think my cellphone was used by someone named "A. Bell":rolleyes1

Well I wish everyone safe travels here to Los Angeles. I will be working up to 11Pm on Tuesday, go home and then try to have the boys awake in time for the shuttle to pick us up at the house in the am. I think DS1 has figured out what is up as he is telling everyone at his program and his group home that he is not going to be there on the 27th! He will know for sure when I pick him up to bring him to the house on the 26th! He may never get to sleep tuesday night!:yay:

See everyone very soon

Eep! :scared1::scared1::scared1: That's like an engraved invitation to bedbugs. :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Heck they don't eat much and when your luggage is lost they also are lost.

Missing duffle saga has gone full circle, new one arrived yesterday and yes we found the missing one last night. :thumbsup2 a duffle is not just a duffle these are the Best American Duffle (BAD) quality throughout, we have used them on several adventures to many continents badbags.com

Just back from a quick trip to WDW. It was packed, but one hotel manager said that they were not filled to capacity--they were only around 70%, which was odd for the week before Easter. Now it is time to do laundry and pack! Only 3 more sleeps until we leave and 4 more sleeps until we cruise!

Can't wait to see everyone on board!!

I need to review the rouster before I head out. After visiting the Hawaii thread every day, I'm forgetting who is on which cruise! :lmao:

Headin out to LA Tuesday night then to the boat on Wed. Look forward to seeing everyone as well as cruising again.

Clint

We are over Colorado at the moment. Just caught up on the last week or two of posts--way too busy to keep up. I had the luggage packed in record time...that being 14 hours prior to flight departure. :) We did most of the hard work last weekend but then there are those things that do you or don't you need. And yesterday I had to run out and buy a new tux shirt (the old one was a tad icky). Good thing we were off yesterday.

So our bags ended up being about 30, 40, 50, and 60lbs. I'm hoping my garment bag hasn't exploded from pressure in the cargo hold. I don't think a bedbug could fit in it. We were going to purchase toiletries in LA but since we had extra (!!) space by moving stuff between bags we just brought what we need. It's nice to have free, heavy luggage! And we can expand to 3 checked bags each on the way back if we need, I packed my soft-side carry-on assuming there will be a need.

We are staying at the Sheraton LAX until Tuesday when we move the to DCL/Marriott LAX.

So as soon as we collect our bags and get our car we are off to Anaheim...have to pickup something for adventures on Monday...plus it seems--even though I counted out all my pills--one of them I promptly returned back to its original bottle and didn't take with me. So I have to pickup a refill at the Garden Grove Target. How convenient. I think I remembered everything else. My mind has been missing for weeks, if not months.

I received a zillion emails for birthday offers on 4/22 (a week before the real day) and the Caribou Coffee one said it was only good on your actual birthday and I'm thinking to myself great, I'll go get that in the AM. Mind you yesterday was NOT my birthday, that just didn't register until I was at the register where thankfully they didn't ask for ID!

I really just wanted to sleep today...but this first class thing...they feed you breakfast, then on this flight lunch...and now I have to go to Anaheim. Life is hard! :rotfl2:

See everyone soon!

I like having free bags, now an upgrade would be nice, will see.

I am planning on wearing shorts to LA, Warning to those in LA get your sun glasses ready these legs have not seen sun in awhile.

Did I forget to mention it was sleeting yesterday (in the rain). I had thought about planting tomatoes before I left (no time for that!!).

Upgrades are nice. We used certs so we didn't have to play the wait and see game.

Headin out to LA Tuesday night then to the boat on Wed. Look forward to seeing everyone as well as cruising again.

Clint

Hi Clint, if your Disboard name is your tail number, you will have great fun talking to my dad on the cruise. He has a Cardnial RG, See you on Wednesday!

Hi Clint, if your Disboard name is your tail number, you will have great fun talking to my dad on the cruise. He has a Cardnial RG, See you on Wednesday!

Got a few hours in a J-3, and lost the tail of my shirt one day after flying one. I was 16, life was good.

ROOM CHANGE: My crazy husband decided to upgrade. Our room number is now 5646! Please make changes to any lists. Thank you!!!

Scott H and onekindman: Clint will definitely love to talk! I'm sure once you get him started he won't be able to stop talking the whole cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter