04/27/11 DCL's WONDERful LA-VANCOUVER REPO ON THE WAY TO ALAKSA

Two things...

1-so far I see nothing official or special planned for the royal wedding.

2-it will be cold outside in the middle of the night so even if it were on the big screen I would rather enjoy it...should I be awake...from the warmth of my stateroom.

:) it was cold enough here before the sun came out in Anaheim. Only takes me about 10 minutes to acclimate to the local so it was in the 60s but I was freezing. :) it's all relative!

Going to be beautiful weather the next few days especially on sailaway day.

It has been quite chilly today, but still nice to be on Vacation! Hope everyone who is here already is having a great Time!

Does anyone know where at paradise pier hotel we are supposed to meet to take the chartered bus? I assume near the main entrance but just want to make sure. Thanks!

From the link on the first post of this thread:

Those taking the motorcoach are asked to BE AT PARADISE PIER HOTEL ... COMPLETE WITH YOUR LUGGAGE, AND ALL MEMBERS OF YOUR PARTY by 7:45AM (April 27th). We estimate boarding the MOTORCOACH to begin at 7:45AM, with departure from Paradise Pier at 8:15AM. PLEASE BE ON TIME! If 40 people show up at 8:15AM, we will NOT be able to leave on time. Paradise Pier Hotel has been notified of our "escapade", and will enable DISers to congregate in a section of the lobby with our luggage

:) it was cold enough here before the sun came out in Anaheim. Only takes me about 10 minutes to acclimate to the local so it was in the 60s but I was freezing. :) it's all relative!

Going to be beautiful weather the next few days especially on sailaway day.

It has been quite chilly today, but still nice to be on Vacation! Hope everyone who is here already is having a great Time!

Welcome everyone to Sunny California! Ok it will be sunny, just wait a day or two. Last week we were hitting upper 80's. Did someone bring the cold weather with them? :lmao: Please remember we do have 4 seasons here in LA...Earthquake, Fire, Flood, & Riot!:rotfl: See everyone on Wednesday when my vacation will start.

I'll be in Burbank tomorrow. :) Going to visit the (real) Studios. Hooray! Let's hope for a great traffic day!

I think the only difference between DC traffic and LA traffic is here in LA the speed is (legally) 20% faster and there are 50% more lanes. So merging from the exit and over to the HOV lane is quite exhilirating. :scared1: Of course in the DC area you can merge in and out of the HOV lanes whenever you feel like it which makes them useless.

Who needs roller coasters when you have all these freeways?? Of course yesterday was fun because my FANTASTIC attention span...I merged out of the HOV lane to get off on the 605 and totally blew past the exit because by the time we got there I forgot that was the point of leaving the HOV lane. :rotfl2: The next freeway worked just as well...so many roads, so much fun! ;)

Welcome everyone to Sunny California! Ok it will be sunny, just wait a day or two. Last week we were hitting upper 80's. Did someone bring the cold weather with them? :lmao: Please remember we do have 4 seasons here in LA...Earthquake, Fire, Flood, & Riot!:rotfl: See everyone on Wednesday when my vacation will start.

One more day for us.

The next to the last line of your post reminds me of the Buffett song, Fruitcakes.

"Paradise, lost and found
Paradise, take a look around
I was out in california where I hear they have it all
They got riots, fires, mud slides
They've got sushi in the mall
Water bars, brontasaurs, chinese modern lust
Shake and bake life with the quake
The secrets in the crust"

See everybody Real Soon

ROOM CHANGE: My crazy husband decided to upgrade. Our room number is now 5646! Please make changes to any lists. Thank you!!!

Scott H and onekindman: Clint will definitely love to talk! I'm sure once you get him started he won't be able to stop talking the whole cruise!

You can't be too far away from us in 5622!:banana:

One more sleep until we leave, and two more sleeps until it's cruise time!!!

Bobandlee: Speaking of Buffett--we get back into Houston May 5 just 30 minutes prior to the Buffett concert--which we have tickets for! I sure hope we don't get stuck in Seattle that day!

Wishing everyone safe travels & fun times....see you b2bers on the 3rd!

Everyone is leaving for vacation and I am leaving for work.:confused3 Maybe I should try to do laundry :laundy: and pack tonight since the shuttle will be here on Wed at 8:30 am! I can not believe I will be working until 11pm Tueday night! oy! :eek: See everyone on Wednesday. It is bright & sunny today here in SoCal so safe travels to everyone.

Everyone is leaving for vacation and I am leaving for work.:confused3 Maybe I should try to do laundry :laundy: and pack tonight since the shuttle will be here on Wed at 8:30 am! I can not believe I will be working until 11pm Tueday night! oy! :eek: See everyone on Wednesday. It is bright & sunny today here in SoCal so safe travels to everyone.

You are not alone I am on the other coast and DH and I are still working today and tomorrow!:scared1:
Now I have a sinus infection in my left eye that has made it swell off to the eye doctor and he better fix me up good. I have waited to long for this cruise to have this stop me! Worse case senerio is that I will look like I am going to priates night when we get on the ship:rotfl2:
See everyone Wednesday afternoon.:yay:
Sue

I am with you....working....but only two hours to go!!!!:cool1:

leaving in the AM land in LAX 11:30 ....:yay:

See you all very soon!

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

TSA wasn't anywhere near as bad as they could be. We'll be leaving Bellingham in about 20 minutes, and I will be very happy to leave rain behind in just a few more hours!

Work today for me too. But I felt so ickey that I only lasted two hours. Home for a rest for the next 24, then packing and heading out tomorrow afternoon. I'm so exhausted from the last seven months at work that I needed a little rest befor I can get on the ship for BIG rest!

I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to being waited on, treated like a princess and playing with my friends!

...soon....

FLu bug went around here last week, and between that and our new foster daughter, we've gotten a bit behind. Finished the errands today, and started printing all the different confirmation papers for our trip. We're leaving WAY early on Wed. to fly into Long Beach... guess I should pack. Wonder what I'll forget this trip. :goodvibes

ugh i still havent packed. still have millions of things to do...I cant wait for this vacation to start! I will be working long hours today and tomorrow :confused3

Got to Disneyland yesterday, and went to one of the parks, today went to both parks and I am now back at the Sheraton park hotel relaxing since I'm going to a concert at House Of Blues. Someone recognized me in downtown disney this morning. Can't wait to meet more of you on the cruise:cool1:

Don't worry about what you may forget...as long as you have medications, identification and a credit card!

We have a pretty big crowd here of all ages, genders, shapes and sizes. We can put out a call for anything one might need. I know at Palo they will even supply gentleman with long pants as well as a jacket when needed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter