04/27/11 DCL's WONDERful LA-VANCOUVER REPO ON THE WAY TO ALAKSA

Im back home now too. boy was I really land sick yesterday. DF and I flew out of Vancouver the same day we disembarked. We booked a tour of Vancouver before our flight in the evening. It was one of the best tours I ever had. The guy was so funny.

Thank you everyone for the nice, thoughtful, and yummy FE gifts. We're still enjoying them :goodvibes

The medical emergency was an adult passenger with appendicitis and she rejoined the ship in Vancouver for the 1st Alaska.

What a cruise, everything was more than Wonderful. Having 4 visits to Palo, unreal. Sailing with some very close friends, it was fab.

Glad to hear the emergency person is okay.

How did you get 4 visits to Palo? We had people in our party who weren't able to get a single Palo res, but luckily when they opened the last brunch on Victoria day we were able to get them in with us. We'd have liked a tea, but we had to settle for tea at the Empress. Have to say, I was not impressed, for the price.

Glad to hear the emergency person is okay.

How did you get 4 visits to Palo? We had people in our party who weren't able to get a single Palo res, but luckily when they opened the last brunch on Victoria day we were able to get them in with us. We'd have liked a tea, but we had to settle for tea at the Empress. Have to say, I was not impressed, for the price.

Well, I and my room mate were extremely lucky. We had dinner reservations made online. When I boarded, I went to wavebands and got brunch. My roomie went to a wine tasting and at the end they announced a special ($50 p/p) dinner with the wine maker, so we signed up for that. When we were at our reserved dinner, Alex, the Food and Dining Officer for the ship stopped by our table and invited us to brunch the next morning at 10 am. We could hardly say no. It was all timing I guess. I imagine that the next cruise I will be shut out of Palo and Remy, but that's what happens. I have cruised and not been able to get any, this time like I said, I was just lucky. And stuffed!

We are also sad to be heading home. Sitting in SEA about to board. Had a great time. And enjoyed meeting hose of you we could. Wonderful company at dinnerwith MARLA HILLARYONE AND TRIMIX and Families. Thanks again to everyone who put in extra effort to make it specia for Everyone! Thanks foe all the FE goodies Everyone! So fun to be making history on the WOnder. Thanks for the pics. AMAZING!!!

So who else saw pub night, that was the most amazing one I've seen yet

Pub night rules!!!
I couldn't resist reminding Christiaan that he did have a seamstress up there with him, after all. ;)

I arrived home yesterday after a grueling 24 hrs of travel -- YVR-PHX-PHL-PVD and then right back into work!

I had such a great time on the cruise, despite the trend of getting dumped by my port adventures. The Wonder has become an old friend I look forward to visiting again.

Oh, for those of you who booked future cruises onboard -- check your reservations. I waited my turn in the line to meet directly with that Australian gentleman working the desk and even after guest services intervention on departure morning, the reservation I requested still never got booked after all.

We had a great time too! We loved LA, San Francisco and Vancouver.The kids cried when we got off the ship and were sad to leave. But as a nice good bye, we heard the Wonder's horn as we boarded our bus to Seattle in the evening. It was like she was saying goodbye for now. Can't wait to do it again. We are still recovering from our trip home. We spent the day in Vancouver, then boarded a bus to Seattle for 3 hour ride, onto the train there to the airport. From there, we caught the 12:40am redeye to Minneapolis, then the 7:20 to CLT. Home by 11am, bed by 6pm. We enjoyed meeting everyone and had a blast with the FE's, it was our first time and can't wait to the next trip. Thanks to everyone for the gifts, we loved them! We couldn't get a new cruise booked because of waiting forever and the guy seemed not to know much about the unlisted ones. Sad, maybe we can book in Jan. The next one will be just DH and me to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Yeah! Thanks again to everyone!

What a great trip, I can't say enough great things about the people and crew on the boat. I have to especially thank Linda and the people who were able to photograph and video my proposal, my father didn't remember how to use my camera so I don't have anything yet to review but I'm sure there are great pictures and a funny video from it... I learned that my fiance is so willing to help me out, that she'll get down on her hands and feet in a dress to 'find my lost contact' that didn't fall out but was simply an excuse to get her back into the Walt Disney theater. :scared: we had a good laugh that night though!!! I guess my plan to totally surprise her (which rarely happens because she can read me so so well) worked almost too good. ;)

Sadly it's back to reality now. We went on a flight seeing tour in Vancouver before the ship sailed out so we got some nice pictures of her from the air. We were disappointed to get off-especially after talking to a local and discovering that we could have sailed on the Alaska cruise for under $1000 for the two of us. It was a pong day of flying yesterday, and sadly it's back to flat, brown, southeastern Texas...we sure do miss the mountains and what not!

Thank you to everyone who made the cruise special! The lanyard folks, all the wonder FE gifts, people, etc!

I forgot to say thank you for the anonymouse FE gift we got in our pink Mickey thing. A cute bag with a coin bank, a note bad and pen, a whistle and 2 stickers! We were not doing the FE with the DIS, but thank you anyway!

We had a great time cruising with everyone! Back to work today and the routine. I hope everyone who stayed on is having a great time in Alaska and see alot of ya'll either on Hawaii or Fantasy Maiden. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them edited and up on facebook.

Clint

Had a great time on the cruise. But wish I could have met up with more Disers
San Francisco couldn't have been any better. The weather was perfect!!!:thumbsup2

Home this morning and all unpacked. One thing that I wanted to get but didn't was something that said Fantasy on it with the fancy writing. I kept going to the re-booking guy but there was always a long line.
If someone has one could they scan it at a high resolution and post it? I'm trying to make a design for a cruise next year. I can only find it on a banner at an angle.
Thanks in advance.....
denise

Home again Boo Hoo. We had a great time on the Repro and met lots of very nice people. DD met some new friends also. She loved the cruise and said it was the best one yet. Thanks to all for the great FE gifts. This was the first time we did the FE exchange and had fun delivering the gifts and finding new ones when we went back to the cabin. We booked the Fantasy for next year. Maybe see some of you all there. Thanks to all who helped make this cruise so great.

We met some amazing people on this cruise, and reconnected again with a few friends from the past. Loved it! This cruise was very different from our past cruises - we relaxed a LOT. There were a few staff problems-nothing major, just disappointing. The great ones were AMAZING though!:thumbsup2

Just off the Alaska portion of the cruise. Thanks to everyone for making both cruises great. Hope to see you all again in the future.

Ken

I wanted to apologize to some of you who provided the lanyards - I sent Jim out on a honey-do with some thank-yous that were not in the cards - I forgot the little gift bags - if there was no FE, he only left a card - but the thought was there, and thank you again!

We arrived home last night and made it in to work this morning. We are still on West Coast time though! :rotfl2:

Thanks to everyone who made this a great cruise!!!

:woohoo:

Where did the time go!

Welcome back Ken! Glad you had a good time - looks like you had good weather?

Weather was great - a little cold at the top of White Pass in the Skagway area - especially when on a bicycle heading downhill - but other then that, we had great weather.

Ken

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter